2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Mileage Check-In for week June 9 (Read 241 times)

...---...

While Dutchie is finishing up her kitchen, I'll take the liberty to get us started. I haven't run since Saturday...by design. Group run this evening. Perfesser - Chupacabra rancher? LOL. MTA: Have a great week everyone.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Hopefully, I've put the lameness of the last two post-race weeks behind me. 10 miles last night on the treadmill.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

A Saucy Wench

3 yesterday on the dreadmill 3.6 this am in 46 degrees jeff Evil grin. 5.5 planned for tonight.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

3.6 this am in 46 degrees jeff Evil grin
          No need to rub it in. Wink My garage felt like around 85° last night for my run. Only saving grace was that I had a fan blowing. Need to get that damn treadmill inside the house but a) where to put it and b) I don't want to get another hernia moving it.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

My ankle is still swollen. I don't think I'll be running again by Friday. I'm going to be VERY careful with this injury - I want to be running when I'm 80! Hope everyone else has a better week!

Imminent Catastrophe

Yesterday--96°F and humid so I sat inside in the a/c. A little cooler today, so I turned my 6-miler into an 8.8. I still need a long run before Grandmas. Daisy is still lame, she just doesn't seem to be getting better, but she wouldn't be running anyway because of the heat. I just take her and Jojo on a little 1-km out-and-back before going on my run.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

5.5 at lunch today. Fortunately, the heat took kind of a break -- it was only 83°F. Still pretty miserable. Can't wait for fall.

...---...

3.0 effort run with some dragon type hills. Tried out a new pair of shoes - Nike Triax 11 Structure or something like that. Hate them - toes went numb, then the balls of my feet went numb...re-adjusted laces, still numbness. The size is right...these just aren't a good fit for me so back to to the store they go. I knew I should have gotten the Sauconys or another pair of the Mizuno Waves I'm currently running in.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

A Saucy Wench

3.6 sucky miles this morning - cut the run short. Feeling way more tired than I want to be 3 days before my half. Rest day tomorrow and 3-4 on Friday. dd was awake and singing in her room this morning perfectly happy and content and dh got her up a full hour early. Angry I didnt even get a chance to breathe before having to jump in to my day. She would have probably played happily for most of that hour, but once she is up she is mommy glue.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dog-Love

I started the week with a beautiful 9 mile run out to the Herbert Glacier. Tired legs, but it felt really good. Today is a fastish 5 mile run and then this evening I lead 22 kids in a 5K. I'm doing a double today...YIKES
                      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                      Ringmaster

Hey, everyone. Didn't feel like running today--been fighting a cold and feeling yuck. But I know how I feel after two days off, and the tm had even less appeal than the road, so I pushed myself out the door. What do you know? Some of the best runs really do feel on days you didn't feel like running. The quick 4 turned into a fast 7. Felt great, and am glad I went. Trey, I'm sorry you don't like the Triax. I loved them, and am bummed I didn't get more miles out of them. They're still my favorite shoe. Teresa, heal up that achilles. Thinking of you and Larry's advice as I do my quad strengthening while I sit at the computer grading papers. I, too, want to run for a long time. I'm with you on sticky heat, Jeff. My tm used to be on the porch but it's moved into the bedroom. I know it's not romantic bedroom decor, but I just can't run outdoors in the middle of the day. I guess you burn more calories, but UGH! Ennay, my dd was up early today too. Happy, too. What's up with that?

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                        Mile by Mile

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Vixi, good job on the running! I'm glad your run turned out so great. Ennay, I like the term "mommy glue!" Enjoy it while she still wants to talk to you! It makes me sad when I see my friend's 15-year-old daughter acting as you would expect a girl of that age to! Maybe DD10 will be like her big brother, not a "typical" teenager. One can only hope!
                          jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

5 mile slog though 91°F, heat index of 100°F. Dorky or not, I bring a camelbak with me on these runs. Not because of dehydration (Dehydration in 40-ish minutes? HTFU), but because I just can't stand it when my mouth is dry and parched. In fact, a lot of the time, I just swish the water around to wet my palette. I also take to wearing a hat with a sun-skirt. Not this one, but similar style. Incredibly dorktastic, but also very effective in keeping the sun off my neck, face, and ears.

A Saucy Wench

5 mile slog though 91°F, heat index of 100°F. Dorky or not, I bring a camelbak with me on these runs. Not because of dehydration (Dehydration in 40-ish minutes? HTFU), but because I just can't stand it when my mouth is dry and parched. In fact, a lot of the time, I just swish the water around to wet my palette. I also take to wearing a hat with a sun-skirt. Not this one, but similar style. Incredibly dorktastic, but also very effective in keeping the sun off my neck, face, and ears.
                              I'm sure it is very sexy. Big grin I hate dry mouth too. But then I have already admitted my dorkiness. Trying to decide if I am going to race with my camelbak this weekend or not. I have done 4 HM's with and 2 without, but this might be warmer than any I have done without. Still havent come up with gu carrying alternatives.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

4.8 today at lunch. Got a little break, it was only 88°F today. Wink