2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Mileage Check-In for week July 7 (Read 270 times)

Dutchie42

Just starting us off. Nothing special to report. Did 7 runs in a row last week for the first time ever. Some were pretty darn short though Smile Have a great week everyone!

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

A Saucy Wench

Ran 3.5 this morning. Mondays are supposed to be dh's bike day so I have to run at the gym. At 6 he wasnt out of bed and I asked him if he was riding and he said "No, I didnt get enough sleep". While part of me wanted to say HTFU, the smarter part of me lept out of bed and threw my running clothes on...anything to avoid the dreadmill.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Imminent Catastrophe

6.6 today. I've been severely slacking since Grandma's, except for the Peachtree race. Hopefully I can get into a routine again.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Ringmaster

Ennay, that's so funny! Hmmm. . . toughen up the hubby or get in my own run? Anne wins! Russ, after Grandma's and Peachtree, you're entitled to some slacking. Take it easy! After my wonderful long run on Saturday, the legs are tiiiiiiired. 6.2 today felt rough. Running s-l-o-w again tomorrow on my normally-scheduled rest day to try to work the kinks out.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
          Mile by Mile

Marquess of Utopia

The heat has arrived, cut my run short because it was so hot. What has been the hottest day so far for you guys? This has me thinking about how cold it was this winter and which is the lesser of the two evils. -10F(-23C) with 30mph winds or 100F(38C) with 60% humidity.
            Dutchie42

Morning everyone, Did an UB strength w/o incl. abs. Followed by a really short doggie fun run (4K) because I wasn't pleased with the heavy rains coming down. Spooky loved it, Spike hates it. He doesn't even like get his feet wet, let alone get all wet Big grin Joe: not sure, I can dress for cold weather but not so much for hot weather. Then again, the worst I ran in was -2C and 35mph winds in the rain (for 30K), or 30C and barely 5mph winds (10 miles). Think I prefer the cold and wet.

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

Joe I definitely prefer cold, but I live in a temperate zone. The coldest it has been here is about 20F the warmest this year is 103 - but that was a quick spike. I think the warmest I have run in so far was 85, tonight will be about 90. I usually run at 5 am so even on the hottest day of the year it is <70 usually=""></70><55, but on tuesday nights i run at peak heat. ok off to run now. but="" on="" tuesday="" nights="" i="" run="" at="" peak="" heat.="" ok="" off="" to="" run="" now.=""></55, but on tuesday nights i run at peak heat. ok off to run now. >

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Uh-oh, nothing on Sunday, but that was due to epic holiday weekend eating -- this was expected. However, a miss yesterday, and a possible miss today as we prepare for a week-long vacation. July is starting to shape up into disaster. Need to fix this in a hurry.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

A Saucy Wench

Jeff- go run Ran 4.1 this morning, was supposed to go 3.5 but the lure of even numbers took me the extra 0.6 despite very sore legs from lifting yesterday and a tough trail run tonight. I'm a slave to the data Big grin

...---...

3.7 yesterday after work. Thankfully it's cooled down to around 90. Even with the humidity, makes for a better workout. Group run tonight which is always fun. Wish I were still on vacation.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

I seem to have a problem with motivation for longer runs, and I meen 8+K runs. I can't seem to make myself go out for longer than an hour. I've never had that before. I loved the very long runs. But since the marathon in May, I can't make myself do it. Any ideas?

Dutchie

...---...

Any ideas?
                          Drink beer. Big grin I haven't run a marathon before so I can't relate to your specific situation but I hope you get your mojo back soon.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

I know what you mean. After the race it's really hard to do those long runs without cheering spectators, people handing you water, and T-shirts for a reward. I manage by running new routes and wearing an iPod to ease the monotony. But the best thing I've found is to enter more races--there are plenty of shorter ones--10k, 15k, half-marathons. Even if I run them as a training run (and don't race), I really have fun and it keeps me motivated. There is a cost to be considered of course but it works for me. MTA: Trey, it's good to see the Classic Hobbes avatar back!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I run for Fried Chicken!

I've been feeling pretty lazy lately. I'm going to go run tonight after work but I'm finding it hard to muster up any enthusiasm for it. I'm going to Chicago next week for a short vacation, I'll be there for 4 days so I just have to power through this week and half of next week and then I'll have 4 days of no running and hopefully that'll recharge my running batteries.
                              Dutchie42

Dogless run today. Was nice cause I didn't have to look out for Spooky and/or Spike. I enjoy the scenery and my run more. On the other hand I felt "lonely" and kind of vulnerable without my big black dog Spooky while running through fields and along roads with trees and bushes on either side Lovely run. But spicy food and running does not go well together. That's a recipie for dashes in the bushes.

Dutchie