2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in 15 - 21 Feb (Read 503 times)

Dutchie42

Gooood Morning everyone,

It´s Monday here already. New week people, let´s make it a good one

Did a 30min LB this morning. And abs, yeah. Still have UB to do today. Guess I´ll have to make some time after dinner.

Got a race on Sunday but I´m not sure whether I will go. There´s a lot of snow and ice still and more snow expected today and tomorrow, followed by icy rain on Wednesday and Thursday. I´m not looking for an injury. I´ll probably won´t decide till Sunday morning.

Have a great Monday and a most excellent run.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

9.6 today, with dogs. The dirt road I run on is a mess--ice and mud. Taz got filthy! It's nice to be running longer.

MTA: Riggs--get out of the road!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

Happy holiday Monday! one of the few I get off. Nice run outside; 5 miles with no problem. Took my scheduled rest day yesterday after Saturday's 9-miler. That was hard at the time, but no real after-effects. The week is off to an excellent start.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

I got in a 6 miler but may pay the price for it later. I ran a really crappy 11 miler Saturday with Zoomy, and about 5 miles into the run my knee got cranky, but I just ran ignored it. Sunday it was really sore, so I took the day off. Today was painful. I am now sitting with an ice pack on my knee PRAYING that this is nothing too bad.  I had a great run beside the knee everything else felt good!!
          HappyFeat

Heather, what part of your knee hurts exactly? Is there any swelling?

MTA: answered you in LLR

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Imminent Catastrophe

Here's my theory:

Everyone on RA knows that if you are in Zoom-zoom's avatar, you might as well just make out your Last Will and Testament, because your days are numbered. Ask Billy Mays. OK, contact John Edward to ask Billy Mays.

So my theory is that there might also be some bad Ju-ju if Zoomy is in your avatar. 

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Just a dude.

Bummer Heather... sux to have sore knees.  Hope they get better quick.

I just finished a 6 miler where I pushed the pace some on purpose.  In some ways it was much easier... Long straights that are usually mentally taxing just went by so much quicker that they were actually encouraging me along... 

I felt good even 5 minutes after... I mean I know I ran, but I don't feel wiped out at all...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Dog-Love

I'm feeling a bit tired this week and could use more sleep.   Ran 6 yesterday and I would like to run perhaps the same 6 today just a bit faster.  We shall see.  Weather is perfect for a long 10 miler...just don't have time
                  Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                    Here's my theory:

Everyone on RA knows that if you are in Zoom-zoom's avatar, you might as well just make out your Last Will and Testament, because your days are numbered. Ask Billy Mays. OK, contact John Edward to ask Billy Mays.

So my theory is that there might also be some bad Ju-ju if Zoomy is in your avatar

Ha! Good point!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha! Good point!

Hey, no one has died recently!  Anyone you guys would like to see dead?  I can take requests...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

Hey, no one has died recently!  Anyone you guys would like to see dead?  I can take requests...

It's a start.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

A very good start, too!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

whoa, that's alot of picture in the morning! why am I reminded that I need a new pair of sunglasses?

anyways 3 x 1 mile repeat at 10K pace (9:40m/m) with lots of resting in between this morning. 4.75 regular slow miles yesterday and a massage.

after all of the teasing, mother nature is dumping snow on us this morning looks like at least 6 inches for the walk to work with more on the way...

A

Recalculating...

Dog-Love

Well I have been a bit quiet lately but not becasue of lack of running..   I am going to yoga tomorrow anbd taking a day off.  The last run was a great 7-miler and I actually rfelt really strong with my gal friends.  I left ol' Rusty at home for this one.

I am reading an old Hal Higdon book for some motivational training but I hope to get my mileage up to about 50 mpw in a couple of months and hold that level until the SF marathon

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Just a dude.

Kind of an easy day today... 3 miles with 6 easy strides...

Tomorrow is running with the group again... I am hoping that I don't kill myself...

Minor win today... Ran my 200th mile... yay me...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape...