2000Km-1243 mile club

February (Read 16 times)

Hey guys!

Went for a short run this morning. Sunny, bright and icy! Ankles and feet were a bit cranky after walking to and from work yesterday in boots, but it was warm and breezy and I had to take advantage of the spring like day.

8 miles tomorrow.... Happy Saturday, A

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

Happy Saturday to all my fellow Bunny Chasers!  How's the running going? We'd love to hear from anyone else who wants to check in with an update.

Mine has been going pretty much to plan as the Feb 9 trail race approaches - except for the fact that I haven't gotten to do any trail running, but why quibble?... the distances are where I want them.

This weekend my usual "Saturday LR"  for today got moved to Sunday for the second week in a row. So I did 6 this morning and boy were my legs tired! I have 12 trail miles planned for tomorrow.  Then it's a cut-back week, then the race the next Sunday. Hoping for NO TRIPPING this time! I'll automatically run a faster time if I succeed with that primary goal.

MTA:  I have a book recommendation for any dog and poetry lovers in here.  "Dog Songs" by Mary Oliver (2013)

I just got it from the library and it's really special.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Still running down south.  Slowly starting to pick up the distance.

Did a 29 km run on Saturday.  Basically a 5.8 km trail loop, done 5 times. With a group of 3 others including the guy I am pacing for the last 40 km of his first 100 in about 6 weeks.  So basically the time just flew by.

Starting to think about some speed work...maybe next month :-)

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Imminent Catastrophe

Still running down south.  Slowly starting to pick up the distance.

Did a 29 km run on Saturday.  Basically a 5.8 km trail loop, done 5 times. With a group of 3 others including the guy I am pacing for the last 40 km of his first 100 in about 6 weeks.  So basically the time just flew by.

Starting to think about some speed work...maybe next month :-)

Puke,

The guy you are pacing, is that a 100k or 100 miles? Because it's a huge difference. You gotta include the units for those of us still living in the USA using Pleistocene measuring units.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Puke,

The guy you are pacing, is that a 100k or 100 miles? Because it's a huge difference. You gotta include the units for those of us still living in the USA using Pleistocene measuring units.

It is the Tarawera 100k.  Lot more ultra rockstars this year.  I might actually get to see some this time around

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Imminent Catastrophe

Loop of despair!

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Loop of despair!

Yeah looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about after missing it last year due to course changes.  Mind you I will be seeing that after about 18 km rather than 78 km so should be able to truely appreciate the magnificence :-)

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Imminent Catastrophe

Have they changed the route? I hadn't been keeping track.

It will certainly be less of an ordeal early than it was late.

Have they changed the route? I hadn't been keeping track.

It will certainly be less of an ordeal early than it was late.

Nah, same course, but I am only pacing from Tarawera falls aid station so only have 18 km before I get there.  Although running with the guy I will be pacing today and he is looking pretty strong, may have my work cut out for myself just to keep up :-)

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Imminent Catastrophe

The unofficial start of Tahoe training started today, I ran the very climby route that I call "Mount Doom" but didn't go all the way to the top so it's the "Half Mount Doom". Anyway this will give me a baseline time for future training runs.  I wasn't really well-trained last year and while I finished, that, plus the record heat resulted in a much slower time than I had hoped. I can't control the weather but I can train harder and that's what I intend to do.

I was lucky that the Olympics have been on the TV while I've been trapped inside on the treadmill - lots of inspirational performances! after a thunderstorm ?! Last night it looks like a great morning. +6C and the hard rain has washed away yesterday's icy patches. Very excited for a 9 miler to the park.

Perfesser - I'm totally afraid to ask about your training plan, but I will...

happy Saturday, A

Recalculating...

Imminent Catastrophe

Well, I got sick and had to bail out of the Mississippi 50. Dangit. DW has a bad case of bronchitis and I'm afraid I'll get that so must rest, running a 50 and driving 600 miles wouldn't be a good idea. Next race is Boston. Still, I'm looking forward to Bryce 50 in June.

HappyFeat

That's a bummer, PerfesserR. Hope both of you feel better soon.

It's good you have another ultra to look forward to. I looked at the photos on the Bryce link. What a beautiful place!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Well, I got sick and had to bail out of the Mississippi 50. Dangit. DW has a bad case of bronchitis and I'm afraid I'll get that so must rest, running a 50 and driving 600 miles wouldn't be a good idea. Next race is Boston. Still, I'm looking forward to Bryce 50 in June.

Bugger.  But good choice I suspect

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Great link!

Get better Perfesser and everyone have a happy Monday! A

Recalculating...