2000Km-1243 mile club

November it is (Read 250 times)

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

I have started a streak, but I (think) I'm being smart about it this time.

This is day 9. By 1/1 I hope to have my miles to 20+. Right now I'm staying about 15 for a few weeks.

I tried a streak 2 years ago, but I increased miles for a challenge at the same time. Fail.

Imminent Catastrophe

Had a nice run got pulled 6 miles by Taz on a beautiful cool sunny day. Now that he's heartworm-free (he just got tested after undergoing the long and painful procedure) he's really strong. 

I now have 5 weeks to run 114 miles which will put me over 2000 miles. I think I can do it. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

Had a nice run got pulled 6 miles by Taz on a beautiful cool sunny day. Now that he's heartworm-free (he just got tested after undergoing the long and painful procedure) he's really strong. 

I now have 5 weeks to run 114 miles which will put me over 2000 miles. I think I can do it. 

Well yeaah - if you can run 100 miles in one go, I'm confident you can run 114 in 5 weeks - especially with Taz in the lead!

Good luck with your streak, Stealth. Those are tough to stick with because life gets in the way.  

Jeff - so glad to hear DW is home now. I hope she is feeling better every day.

Puke:  "a lady here in in New Zealand who is trying to complete 500 km without sleep" My first thought was "you can do this while sleeping?!" Then I looked up 500 km and was floored! That's 311 miles!! How could you possibly do that without stopping to nap once in a while? Let us know how she does. And please don't get hit by a car! That would not end the year on a good note.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Imminent Catastrophe

How did the 16-miler go Happy?

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

HappyFeat

How did the 16-miler go Happy?

Hmmm. It was not a triumphant milestone event which is what it would have been if my pyriformis/glute didn't stab me with pain all the way down to my calf at the half way point.  This is the same pain that I got in the last 3 miles of the last time I tried to run 16 - and ended up nearly dragging my leg all the way home.  Today I stopped and stretched a few times and finally resorted to shorter steps which kept it in somewhat of a lurking status. That shows improvement in my book. The trail felt like it was mostly downhill for the first half which I appreciated. I knew my glute was going to act up because of how it's been feeling and it's worse on uphills of course.

(MTA: My Garmin program says over the entire run there was 5575 feet total descent and 4919 total ascent for what that's worth.) 

Besides that, it was a gorgeous day to be out in the forest and mountains. The trail is in fabulous shape, with a few mud puddles and only a couple small water crossings.  It was overcast with patches of clear skies and several open mountainside areas with nice views. Couldn't have had better company either. Our little group is very well matched in ability and the way we relate, which makes for a very nice and easygoing vibe. We had an accompanying mountain biker this time and she took our picture at my final stretch break. If she sends it to me, I'll share it with you.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

This is a little off topic, but I apologize for some of the attitudes on display last night. I've been trying to make this transition as easy as possible. I plan on staying permanently.

HappyFeat

Stealth - you are so sweet to say that. It's been quite the commotion, hasn't it? I've noticed all your "herding cats" activity and think you're doing a great job there! I'm glad you've joined our group.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

At this moment eric is waiting for me to make an executive decision. God help me.

edit: all is well.

Puke:  "a lady here in in New Zealand who is trying to complete 500 km without sleep" My first thought was "you can do this while sleeping?!" Then I looked up 500 km and was floored! That's 311 miles!! How could you possibly do that without stopping to nap once in a while? Let us know how she does. And please don't get hit by a car! That would not end the year on a good note.

Well, after 86 hours and 375 km her body decided it was time to stop.  Too many blisters caused her to go much slower than she had hoped and she ended up out there for longer than she wanted too.  Still, 375 km was an awesome effort.

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

HappyFeat

Well, after 86 hours and 375 km her body decided it was time to stop.  Too many blisters caused her to go much slower than she had hoped and she ended up out there for longer than she wanted too.  Still, 375 km was an awesome effort.

An awesome effort is right! She's amazing!

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

I joined up so I thought I would say hi!

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

HappyFeat

Hey DGF!! Welcome!

Imminent Catastrophe

A pirate!

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

Aaaargh!... Now how do I get a bunny?

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

Walk-Jogger

Looks like I can do this with less than 48 more miles, so I'm in - I think I'm already at an all-time yearly mileage high for me, or close to it anyway if not. Hi everyone! I'm another invader from RW. 

Retired &  Loving It