2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check-In for 10/20-10/26 (Read 237 times)

Dutchie42

Goooood Morning guys and girls, let the new week begin. Let's make it a good one! Saw a falling star. First ever. Probably just a bit of debris coming down. Nice temp. For once, I wasn't overdressed. First time since Spring that I was out there this early. Maybe that should be my goal of the week: get my run in at 5h30 Wink Great run. Legs were willing and roaring to go Wink It felt easy today. Have a great Monday and a most excellent run!

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

I run for Fried Chicken!

Ran today to test out my groin, everything was good until about 2.5 miles in, then it started getting tight again so I headed home. 4 miles total. I immediately iced when I got home and then did every stretch I could find and it's feeling great now. Going to take tomorrow off and head back out there on Tuesday. Hopefully it'll be better then.
      Teresadfp

One day at a time

A beautiful run for my friend and me this morning on the XC trails at Pineland Farms, which has to be one of the prettiest places anywhere. The ex-wife of one of the founders of Intel donated a LOT of money to fix up the old buildings on the property - it was a school for mentally disabled people until the early 80s. It looks like an Ivy league campus. Her foundation also created an unbelievable network of trails for running and skiing, and built a huge arena and stable for thoroughbred horses. When you run on the trails, you'll come around a corner and see fields with white picket fences, barns, ponds, and lots of bright foliage. It's the first time my friend has run there, and she was blown away. The campus buildings are now occupied by businesses, a Y, a nursery school, etc., and there is a Commons building with a really good cafeteria - they will cook eggs or French toast for you while you wait. A fun thing to do after a run! We ended up running only 3.1 miles, since Martha's hip is bothering her. It was so hilly and curvy that it took us 37 minutes! I can't believe that DS16 can run that distance on similar trails or worse in 16:39. How is that possible?? Sorry for rambling - it was just such an awesome morning! Hope everyone has a good week of running. I think I will get out again this afternoon since we didn't go very far. Smile

...---...

SOunds like everyone is off to a great running week. Not much going on with me except a lot of carb loading - both liquid and some solid types. Sure enjoy the liquid types... especially the Oktoberfest varieties. Dutchie - viva la Netherlands!

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Well, not everyone. Three on the dreadmill then 20 minutes on the bike. I can't seem to get two good consecutive days running.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

4 easy miles this morning - 40 degrees. 1st cold run of the year. I wanted to make sure I got up early for a couple more runs, especially now the temp has dropped, prior to the race. As luck would have it, the forecast calls for rain on Saturday. Great. I mean, it's not enough that a marathon is hard enough under ideal conditions but now add the rain element. I have always remined myself that rain was a possibility and aniticipated as much...and so the plot thickens.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

A Saucy Wench

rainy marathon gooooood. Ok as long as it is a light rain. Big grin

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Imminent Catastrophe

Lube your feet. Wet feet get blisters more easily.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Dog-Love

Got a speedy 3.4 miles in with my doggie in 45 degree windy snotty rainy weather. Its good to be alive! I sure don't want to lose my fitness I have attained with all of this marathon training, but I am not interested in runs over 10 miles for a while. Can't I go short and fast all winter????
                    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

...---...

Awesome. No change in the forecast..."showers." Better than saying "rain", I guess. I'm getting psyched to go run long and wet and cold. Bring it on! Thanks for thre heads up on the feet Perfesser - didn't really consider that part. I've got body glide. Hopefully that'll be sufficient. Man, this group has saved me from making some bone-headed rookie mistakes. Gratefully, Trey

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

Can't I go short and fast all winter????
                        I vote yes.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

YEA...all I needed was one vote. Heading out for a 4.2 miler in the woods. Flights are cancelled due to high winds today so maybe the woods not a good idea.
                          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

...---...

2 easy miles. Final tapper run. Felt great, will be tough managing my pace if I'm not careful. Forecast has been updated to AM showers and then sunny in the afternoon. Hopefully, the AM showers will fall in the 12AM - 6AM range. I'm still gonna lube up everything in site. CHeers.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Good luck Trey, now go load some carbs. Evil grin

Dutchie42

Run like the wind Trey, GO GO GO... Had a surprisingly effortless 10K today with Spooky. It was a little foggy this morning and COLD! Only 4C. But not a lot of wind, so that made it feel nicer. Forecast says two weeks of rain after today and a taste of Winter too. Yikes!

Dutchie
                                Run the day, or the day runs you.