2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly mileage check-in week of 14 April (Read 235 times)

I run for Fried Chicken!

Come on Aaron. Tell us more about Paris. Where'd you go, what did you see. Managed to get a run in in one of the many parks in Paris?
    Paris was great, I really fell in love with the city. We also got really lucky with the weather as it was beautiful out most of the time. It rained a little bit on Monday and Tuesday and actually started hailing for about 15 mins on Monday but other than that, just beautiful weather. We went to Versailles one day and that was amazing. Mainly just walked all over Paris and explored the city. We ended up not going into any museums, just walking around the outside of all of them. I just love all the architecture and how around every corner, there's some kind of monument or beautiful building. We walked so much, I ended up losing weight while on vacation.
    Teresadfp

One day at a time

Sounds like a great trip! DH and I went BC (before children), in 1989, for the 200th anniversary of the French Revolution. My birthday is on Bastille Day, and I always wanted to be in Paris then! The city was mobbed, but it was fun. I had a friend over there who got us a tiny, cheap room on the main road (can't spell it!). The big parade went right by our hotel, and we could see it from our balcony, which was a good thing since they said over a million people lined the parade route. I agree, Versaille is amazing! Now you've made me want to go back!

Imminent Catastrophe

Paris was great, I really fell in love with the city. We also got really lucky with the weather as it was beautiful out most of the time. It rained a little bit on Monday and Tuesday and actually started hailing for about 15 mins on Monday but other than that, just beautiful weather.
        I used to get to Paris occasionally, and did long runs in the Bois de Boulogne. It's a nice place, in the daytime. At night it's pretty sleazy. I used to run very early, just as the "night shift" was getting off, and I saw some really scary characters. Anyway, it has water and is relatively low on traffic. And you are right about the beauty of the city. It's a living museum.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Aaron: I like Paris. Been there a few times. Took my kids there a few years ago. They didn't really appreciate the history and architecture. Though they still talk about the Sacre Coeur and the Eifeltower. And the Parisien crepes. I have the Paris marathon on my list. Probably next year. Beautiful day today! Spring has arrived! Felt like 20C. Ran in a spaghetti top. Now that (!) drew a lot of attention from men. Waving, hunking, yelling, slowing down. Why is it when it gets warmer and women show more skin than in Winter, men have a hard time adjusting to it. Some guy passed me in his car about 5 times (turning and coming back, waiting ahead of me). But there were always other cars coming and going, quiet a few bikers too. At one point he passed me and parked his car up ahead at a side road. This is a a particularly lonely stretch of road. Some guys playing with a very expensive looking toy chopper that I'd seen playing with their toys a while back passed me while flying the little chopper overhead and happened to park at the side road too. So whatever the creep was up to, it wasn't happening. He then passed me again when I was in a more busy stretch of this road (walkers, runners, bikers). The car then disappeared. Phew. I so hate it when that happens. Even if I'm running with my dog, I still don't like it. Was a bit of a tough run. Either the lack of running this week was having an effect. Or me being on my feet all day yesterday and this morning peeling of wall paper might be a factor. Anyways, knee held up great. So far isn't any bigger than usual. Was wearing my CW-x stabilix tighst again, with the knee support. Fingers crossed things will continue to go well.

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

A Saucy Wench

Dutchie! Hugs...that sounds really creepy.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

A Saucy Wench

Didnt think I was going to get my run in today as dh didnt get home until after 7pm. I dont usually run at night because it screws with my sleep big time (I am usually asleep by now and I am totally jazzed up.) But I needed to run. Got in a great 9.4 miler with each mile getting faster than the one before without me even trying. I will just take an Ambien in an hour or so and hope for luck!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7