2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in Aug 24 - Aug 30 (Read 356 times)

...---...

AFter a 50 mile week, I'm resting like a mother today 

As Dutchie would say - it's a brand new week, let's make it a good one. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Gig

In case you missed me, I'm back. If you didn't miss me, then I never left.

I was sick for almost two weeks. That sucked. What sucks more is that getting back into the flow is really hard. My legs are killing me, especially when I wake up in the morning. Once I start running, though, they seem to feel better. Maybe the trick is to not stop running.

...---...

Gig - glad you're back to feeling better. One of the things I don't like about tapering is that my legs feel a little achy. Hang in there, you'll be back to form in no time.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

21 miles in Central Park Monday. Lots and lots of trees down, some sections of the bridle paths were closed. They had a violent windstorm a few days ago and it did a number on the park. Anyway I got in a nice long run, the last 20-miler of this cycle and felt pretty good, steady pace throughout and didn't run out of gas. Got my gels and lube figured out. Almost.

Taper starts now. Yay!

MTA: Glad you're better Gig. It's only 2 weeks, you'll rebound quickly.

Today: 6.3 easy recovery run, with 1 mile on desert trail. That's fun! But, man Phoenix is hot. 9 a.m. and it's 97°F. But it's a dry heat.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dog-Love

Well I have been out of town trying to get some runs in but way too many conflicts.  You would think that a work retreat would allow for a good 2 hour run sometime!

Ran 5 x 400 at 1:40 and they were all on the money!  Felt pretty good.  Have a 5 K race on Saturday but I have no goals for that other than to keep my daughter in view.  My fun race is on the 11th and I run a 12.8 mile leg of a 10-person relay.  I am so not ready for the 12-miler.

Sorry you were sick Gig but perhaps I get to catch up with you.  Still have 4 months

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

...---...

6.3 miles today with a few strides. Did mile 5 and 6 at tempo pace. This was probably my last "hard" effort run until trail race.

I can't even imagine running in Phoenix right now. 

Good luck with your 5K Crabby!

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

Ran 11.5 miles in the pouring rain (52 degrees) and I am so not ready for Fall here in Juneau.  Saw a bear cub in a tree...no sign of mom.  Felt pretty good but could use another long run pretty soon

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

In case you missed me, I'm back. If you didn't miss me, then I never left.

me too, glad you're back Gig

12 miles so far this week in Halifax, my new town. I'm going to revise the running schedule (completely trashed  due to moving) Maybe a 10 miler this weekend.

Boy is this place hilly,

A

Recalculating...

Dog-Love

me too, glad you're back Gig

12 miles so far this week in Halifax, my new town. I'm going to revise the running schedule (completely trashed  due to moving) Maybe a 10 miler this weekend.

Boy is this place hilly,

A

Nova Scotia????  You are one lucky runner.  Never too hot...sometimes too windy.  I was in PEI but really wanted to head over to Halifax for a little bit.  Maybe next time I get over to PEI!  You must get to have a lot of lobster? 

Yup, Nova Scotia! But I'm all lobstered out since we moved from Maine (where lobster can be cheaper than chicken)...

The weather here in the NorthEast is pretty good from the spring through Xmas - outside of some stingingly cold rain. then the snow/ ice cycle starts. I'm a clutz so I usually hit the treadmill (Crabby you have to give me some snow pointers later)- hopehully this year I'll learn to swim well enough for some laps..

First day of new job today!

A

Recalculating...

...---...

Had a rough night sleeping - don't know why. There's a lot going on and, I suppose, is the reason. Anyway and as a result, I couldn't get out of bed to run so I'll get a few miles in after work. I certainly sleep better when I run in the morning...looking forward to getting back on my regular routine.

In other news, DW is doing very well in her beginner 5K training program. Her target race is Halloween. I'm gonna run it with her which will be cool. It'll be her 1st 5K and I think I'm more excited about that than I am about anything else I'm doing. 

Cheers - we're almost to Friday. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Wednesday, a "rest" day, did 2 miles in VFFs with the dogs. Today, 8.4 with 4x600m @5k pace. Man I hate those. One more with 3x1600m (ugh) and I'm done with the accursed VO2 workouts. Yay!

Good timing today, I just got back and now it's pouring rain.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

9 days until my HM and my up and down training season continues.  I can't decide if I am ready for a PR or the hospital tent.  I will have one great run followed by two crappy ones.  I had an awesome 3 mile tempo yesterday, almost a PR for 5K it was so good.  I think it's going to come down to the weather.

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm like that too, one good day, one crappy one. I just hope the race falls on a good day!

16-miles today, the first time I've run with a group (Chattanooga Track Club), it was kinda fun and I had no idea where we were going. I just happened to luck onto a bunch running the right pace. This is the long taper run for this week.

Dog-Love

Nice job everyone!!!  I ran a 5K today after coming home from Anchorage late last night.  Me and my daughter have run this "Beat the Odds RUn for the Cure" race 6 x together and now she ALWAYS beats me.  My secret goal was 24:30 but that didn't happen.  I think I was close to 25:15.  Mali ran my goal time.  Next year my plan is under 24:00