2000Km-1243 mile club

Mileage check-in week 28 January (Read 296 times)

I run for Fried Chicken!

Aaron: if you didn't feel well, it WAS the smart thing to do. No shame in that. It doesn't make you a wimp, it makes you a smart athlete. There'll be other races you can do. We've all done it at least once. I know I have. How did your friend do?
    My friend flaked as well, she really didn't want to run in the rain and when I told her I wasn't doing it, that was the only excuse she needed to not run it. We'll have to find another HM to run together. The way I'm feeling now, I'm glad I didn't run it. I'm really tired and I haven't done anything all day. I couldn't imagine how I would have felt if I had actually tried running a half. I might be on my deathbed at that point.

...---...

Struggled through a 10 mile easy run today. The weather was spectacular, about 63 F and sunny. The first 5 were very comfortable but then little "twangs, aches, oofs, and clicks" started up in my ankle, knee, and feet so I slowed way down. I had hidden a bottle of water and some fig newtons in the knot hole of the oak tree in our front yard and grabbed those after completing the 1st 5 mile loop...boy, those were GOOD and helped me finish my goal distance for the day.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

A Saucy Wench

Aaron - running a 1/2 with a fever....bad idea. It definitely was the smart thing to do. I have to admit to being stupid a few times and it is a miserable experience...and landed me with a 6 week cough.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7