2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in 18-24 January (Read 384 times)

Dutchie42

Hi Zoom-Zoom, welcome to our little club

Welcome Heather! Are you the blond or the brunette? Or shouldn't I ask?

Congrats Crabby on winning the awards Will you show them off in your living room? How was your dinner?

Ayola: there's always another day for more miles!

DrPhibes: it was a nice race though, wasn't it? Good luck on the 20-miler tomorrow. Who here can say they're smart when it comes to running?

Kelly: congrats on your first 20 mile week.

HappyFeat: thanks. We've had a couple of snow free days. And what d'you know.... it snowed last night. Now I have to run my race in the snow..... Hate that. You're always slower, in my case much slower running in the snow It will be a great excuse for my finish time, won't it? Not sure whether I should use my yaktraks or not.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Even colder this morning - but I'm going to go for it!

Dutchie: Good luck in your race - I'll do a little sprint for you outside today.

Hi, Zommy and Heather, A

Recalculating...

Dutchie42

With all the snow and ice, I figured this was gonna be one race I would be slower then I have been in a long time. So instead of adding 6 kilometers on to my race, I did 6 easy kilometers before the race, on the treadmill this morning. Then straight after "lunch" I drove to the race.

It was a tough course. Snow and ice as expected, but also a bridge I hadn't seen on the course map. I saw the other two spanning the highway, but not the 3rd about 3 kilometers from the finish A bit of an unpleasant surprise that one. It was difficult maintaining pace as my legs got more and more tired from this snow running. Actually, I got slower with each kilometer. But I kept passing other runners. Apparently a tough run for everyone. Unofficially I finished in 1:07:13. I'll let you know what my official time was after they publish it on the site.

If these conditions still exist for my 10 mile race next weekend, I'm bagging it. It's not worth it to me.

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hi Zoom-Zoom, welcome to our little club

I can answer this...I'm the blonde. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

HappyFeat

Dutchie: Good effort! You did great considering the snow and the course difficulty. Did you end up wearing the YakTrax? I don't blame you for reconsidering the TVA race if the weather is the same.

Ayola: Good effort this weekend too!

I had my own "stumble step" with the planned 8-miler. I did it, but with a break between mile 5 and 6 to run home and take some Pepto Bismol and milk I know - I'm such an idiot! The plastic zipper on my fanny pack was sticking. DH suggested using silicone which turned out to be a spray. I swiped some on it right before heading out. The fumes contaminated my snack so when I started to eat it, I could taste the chemicals. I spit out what I hadn't swallowed, but feared I'd poisoned myself. Obviously not since I'm here now. 

I'm debating whether next Saturday I should just repeat 8 or move up to 9.

Does anyone else get hungry about an hour into running? I do, even if I eat before going out.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Yep Zoomy is the blonde, and I'm brunette.  Funny that until this website we never knew eachother and from my front door to hers is a little over a 2 mile run!  Since our meeting we have ran many a mile together and have tried to get arrested a time or two even. We'll get there eventually!

And thanks everyone for the welcome, I am really hoping to stay ahead of that darn pace bunny. Consistency was the new years resolution for my running. I got my ass kicked at a spring trail relay last year because I was not consistent in training and I do not intend to have a repeat in 2010!

Does anyone else get hungry about an hour into running? I do, even if I eat before going out.

Nope but I do try to make sure I get something in me about 45 mins before I head out, that seems to hold me over.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I often get hungry at that point...makes long runs really suck.  It also makes it tough to lose weight.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

3 miles on the dreadmill then a nice (slow) 2 miles on the beach. It was hot but 5 miles is more than I've done in a while.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016