2000Km-1243 mile club

July - summer heat (Read 402 times)

Just getting started with it to, but I noticed this morning that when I went to enter yesterday's run, the distance and title of the run were filled in from the calendar.  What I thought was the title was actually labeled "Training Plan Entry" and gave me the option of choosing "not a training plan entry".  Using the entry resulted in a crossed out entry on my plan.  Other days, when I entered it on my own, the entry wasn't crossed out.  The training plan entries are also on the calendar and clicking on it there will start a new workout entry.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you create your daily entry from the plan entry then the plan is updated by crossing out the entry.  If you created the entry on your own, then I guess its up to you whether you delete it from the plan or not.

What I need is a feature for being able to mark a plan entry that I skipped.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

HappyFeat

Thanks for that info Brian - I didn't realize that's how it worked. What happened yesterday is I entered my run before I even created the Plan I'm working out. So they're both there.  Tomorrow I'll be able to see that option of using a Plan Entry - I think that will work out well for me.

If you opt not to do a particular Plan workout, it does not add any miles to your total - translating into a skipped workout, I assume.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

HappyFeat

Tonight I ran my first  "entry level" "steady state" mcmillan run where you warm up for 20-30 min, run faster for 3 to 10 miles, cool down for 20-30 min. Per his calculator, my fast pace for this should be 10 to 10:15.

So I ran 11 mpm for 3 miles, 10:10 for 3 miles, 11 for 2 miles, then walked for 5 more minutes.  It went so well that next Monday night I'll give it another go and see how 10 mpm feels for those 3 miles!

Dutchie42

Happy: no way could I run at a certain pace. I'd feel pretty pressured keeping an eye on my paces and switching in time. Unless it's the TM.

My first run of the week this morning. A whopping 4 kilometers with Spooky through prickly weeds. My legs itch! Roll eyes

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

HappyFeat

I actually did do that run on the TM because I couldn't make up my mind which direction to go if I went outside last night. I know - so silly!! Also I thought it would be easier to manage the pace/mile increments.  I used the third mile to gradually increase from 11 to 10:20, so that I was ready for 10:10.

Imminent Catastrophe

A whole 2 miles on the TM! Woo-hoo! I had a good weight workout with the trainer then did an easy 2, the ankle seems to be getting better. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Well, you've got me beat, Russ.  A quick check of my log shows that I've gotten in .8 miles in the past week and, to be honest, only .4  was running, the other .4 was walking back to my car.

Last Wednesday I was out for a "tempo" run.  It was a pretty easy pace because I decided to try out Runners World's "Smart Coach" and its prescribed paces. After an easy warm up and 3.5 miles into the 4 mile tempo section I felt like someone had stabbed my right calf with a fork.  No warning, no twinges, no tightness, no pop, just shooting pain. I ran a few more easy steps to see if it would go away, but no luck.  So I shuffled/walked/limped the 1.5 back to the start.  Took 2 days completely off and was pain free when I headed out on Saturday.  1/3 of a mile in and, bam, same thing.  Shut it down and walked back.  I've rested it since then (along with ice, ibuprofen) and am going to give it another go today.

Looking at it realistically, I had probably overdone things.  I was on my 6th consecutive day of running when I rarely go 4.  While the total mileage was lowish, most days were 6 miles which is a step up from my usual 4-5.Sadly I was pushing the mileage because my legs were finally feeling good. I've had ongoing calf soreness since last summer and it looked like I was finally over that.  Guess not.

Today will start with 10 minutes of walking, some gentle stretching and then a shuffling mile.  If that goes well, then I'll push on for an additional 3 at very easy pace followed by more stretching and a good walking cool down.

Imminent Catastrophe

Ouch. I hope that improves fast.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

Brian - that is sooo frustrating!!  Hope your calf feels better soon!

BTW I just discovered that RW Smart Coach tool the other night as well - it's pretty cool.

0.6.  On the bright side, that's almost double what I did on Saturday and get's me to an even 1.0 for the week.

Brian - sorry to hear about the leg.  I'm in almost the exact same position with my knee.  I ran 8 days in a row with lower miles per day and an easier pace but still ended up injured.  I guess we just aren't cut out for the every day running thing (at least not yet).

I've had a couple of really good bike rides to keep my cardio up.  The knee is slowly improving but I don't think I will test it just yet.  I'll stay on the  bike for at least a couple more days.

HappyFeat

the mind says GO! but the body says NO!

sums up the state of our guys here

so far, so good for my running

but you're making me Nervous!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/5283237/Happy-Feet-packing-on-the-pounds

Different spelling, so no relation Happy? Smile  Is it only in NZ that we have a high profile penguin???

Bummer about the calf Brian.  Hope it gets better soon.  I think I am going to stick to avoiding all training plans so I don't get injured.

I'm still battling the snots, which isn't why I haven't done much this week.  Just been busy with the family.  Hopefully get out tonight.

Think the thread title should be changed to July - summer heat / winter rain....   Hasn't been cold much lately, but just consistant heavy rain.

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Dutchie42

Perfesser: my 2.61 miles on the TM today trumps your 2 miles Joking

Dutchie
                              Run the day, or the day runs you.

HappyFeat

Hi puke! No - not related to Happy Feet the penguin - so sad he was eating sand because he thought it was snow! I had read about his recent arrival in New Zealand and am relieved to hear he's doing well. (I love penguins!) Thanks for the update. Hope things ease up for you soon so you can get some runs in. 

I'm so glad it's Thursday. For some reason, this week seems really long to me. Ran second 8 miler of the week last night which went well - except I had not done any hamstring stretches since the last one  and could feel the effect of that - lesson learned.  No running tonight - yoga night, which I really need.