2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check-in 29 March - 3 April (Read 519 times)

Just a dude.

I love it when that happens Dutchie... I was similar yesterday... Had a nice easy 4.3 mile day... Wanted to run slow and easy... Finished with my legs feeling good, my breathing easy, but my time pretty fast.  I hope it just means I'm getting faster... Hopefully the same for you...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Dutchie: I'm trying my best to keep up!

That 10km/h hour run sounds great... I did an interval run today 1/2 mile at 6.0-6.3 mph felt pretty good (a little bit slower than you)  but mine had walking breaks. I'm scheduled for 6 miles easy tomorrow outside. We are supposed to be getting an awesome weekend - so I'm looking for 12 miles on sunday.

A

PS new Mizunos feel really good too

Recalculating...

Dutchie42

Ayola: love to have you running with me  makes it more fun.

Today I first did a 30 minute UB w/o. Then I re-did the Insanity Fit test (30min, incl. wu and cd). 1st time was on 12/1. I haven't done an Insanity rotation yet, but I have been more consistently running and have done the occasional Plyo Leg w/o. Which resulted in an overall improvement:

Switch kicks = 60 (51)
        Power Jacks = 55 (40)
        Power Knees = 95 (90)
        Power Jumps = 40 (28 )
        Globe Jumps = 10 (8 )
        Suicide Jumps = 14 (12)
        Push up Jacks = 26 (16)
        Low Plank oblique = 34 (20)
        Now I'm going to add a HiTT w/o (by Cathe F.) into my schedule and be more consistent with the Plyo Legs w/o cause I believe it will help my running. Then retake the Insanity fit test in 4 weeks. See what it does for me.
        After a short break for laundry, I finished with a 7.5K tempo run on the TM:
        20min @9K/h, I actually had just 10 minutes in mind, but my calves were having a really difficult time
        20min @ 9.5K/h
        10min @ 9K/h
        Didn't feel as easy as yesterday.

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

HappyFeat

I can't figure out any reason for it, but since the time change I've just been butt-draggin' tired and plagued with muscle twinges. Took last night off from running after a miserable attempt the night before. I'll go out for a short run tonight and hope for the best. Plan is to regroup tomorrow with a long run and hope for a better week ahead.  I'll be traveling next Friday-Monday, so there goes 4 days of running - which actually may be a blessing in disguise given my apparent burn-out. I'm feeling frustrated (and today a bit defeated)  because my head wants to run a lot more than my body apparently is willing to tolerate.  I watched The Ultramarathon Man DVD last night. Dean (the wonder boy) sure makes it look easy, doesn't he? 

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Just a dude.

Really hard hill day for me yesterday, so today I was sore... I took my easy day pretty seriously, and found a nice flat 4 miler...

Tomorrow is my long day... I am going to spend much of the day at my mom's with family, hiding easter eggs for little cousins and stuff... I'm thinking about running there (9.5, but I can take some extra turns and make it more like 12 or 13) and then having my wife bring a change of clothes...

In the evening some of my kids have a play practice for an Easter Sunday thing at church that I have to be there for...  So I guess my only other option is to run early in the morning... It's raining, windy and cold now... It may be snowing...

Oh well...

-Kelly

Dutchie42

Hi everyone, nice quiet easy doggie run this morning. Spike was on his best behaviour for the whole 5.5 kilometers. Spooky was splashing through mud and rain puddles.

Hate to say it, but I burst right out of my running tights today   Yeah... never burst out of anything, but today....sigh. I guess it's a sure sign that I need to loose these 3 pounds I gained since the start of the year, and then some. But it'll have to wait till after Easter. I'm not gonna sabotage myself starting today with all those lovely chocolate easter eggies and bunnies lying around. Or the banoffee I promised my boys to make.

Dutchie

Ran miles 11-20 of the CMM course today for the first time since last year's fall-apart.  It's funny how much more pleasant it seems when its cool and overcast then when it was sunny and 85.  Ticked off some smooth miles at better than MP and stayed under target heart rate most of the way.  Just the run I needed to show some signs that I have been managing this two-month race-to-race transition OK and that I may be getting stronger and recovering at the same time.

HappyFeat: hang in there (flashes picture of cat clinging to tree branch).  I don't have any magic words, but we're all thinking the best for you.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

HappyFeat

Thanks for the kind words, Brian. Perseverance is (or should be) my middle name because I'm good at keepin' on keepin' on.  Just going through a low point; sure don't want to come off  sounding like a complainer. Got other stuff going on too of course and running is usually my relief valve; so it's disheartening when it's not the bright spot in my day that I want it to be. I'm doing what I can to make things better and appreciate this board for letting me share. 

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Imminent Catastrophe

It was a pretty good week for running. I say "was" because tomorrow is definitely a rest day. I had a nice trail run on Wednesday, 17-milw long run Friday and a 10k race Saturday, a total of 42.8 miles for the week, my highest since last August. A long run followed by a 10k race might not have been the best idea but I'm leaning toward back-to-back hard days preparing for ultras.

The Scotland Run 10k in Central Park was really nice, in perfect weather and well-done by the New York Road Runners, they really know how to put on a race. 10,000-or-so runners is a pretty good crowd for Central Park. I was just planning a tempo run (after the 17-miler the previous day) but when the crowd finally started to break up after 2 miles I realized I could run a sub-55 (and be seeded 1B for Peachtree) so I picked it up and finished in 52:54, which I feel pretty good about considering the crowd and the hills on this course. 

I just have a nagging little ache in my left heel, probably a remnant of the sprained ankle last Summer, I'll have to take it easy, but I'm feeling optimistic about the upcoming year.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

HAPPY EASTER, everyone

Another nice doggie run in the drizzling rain. I was making a jump in distance for Spike. Going from a 7K to an 8.8K loop. Which is why both dogs were on leash for the first half of the run. Didn't want Spike to tire himself out at the beginning and then not managing the extra mileage. At the midway point I let them go and Spike immediately disappeared into his beloved mud fields, sigh. He did come back when I called him though. He was an obedient doggie today. 2nd half was much slower than the first half because I had to wait for Spike or even go back and fetch him cause he was digging or rolling around in something. Spooky was chasing ducks. Lots of them about today. And of course splashing through every rain and mud puddle she could find.

I ran at a nice comfortable pace. Too bad my rhythm was messed up so often cause I had to stop and wait for Spike.

After I got back I finished making the banoffee, made muffins and set the table nicely for our Easter brunch.

Now it's time for brunch with the boys and I'll go out for another 10 miler later.

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Had to bag the 10-miler. I blame it on the banoffee

Dutchie

Dutchie: What's a banoffee?

11.5 miles today - kinda faded at the end - it was pretty warm here almost 20ºC. Gorgeous with church bells and little flowers everywhere. I think I'll have a nap before making strawberry "shortcake" for desert with the neighbors.

Happy Easter, A

Recalculating...

Dog-Love

Happy Easter everyone!  I had a wonderful 9 miler yesterday and then we got more snow so today I will ski!  I am ready for some spring running.
                            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                            Dutchie42

Ayola: it's sort of a pie with banana, toffee sauce and whipped cream. My boys love it (and their friends). I think it's way too sweet, but I can never resist having some. It's a very English, very decadent dessert. The crust can be non-baked (crushed cookies with melted butter), blind baked, or even a pavlova. But the pavlova makes it even sweeter than it already is.

ETA:

http://www.banana-dessert-recipes.com/banoffee-pie.html

note: I put the banana on the crust, then spoon the toffee sauce over the top.

Dutchie

Just a dude.

15 miler yesterday...

4.4 today... 

Ended up with over 50 for the week for the first time.  Next week will probably be slightly less due to scheduling and trying to get recover in between tough hill workouts... 

Banoffee - sounds like it would be a diet disaster for me...  But I could see it being quite tasty...

-Kelly