2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly mileage check in for week of 4 August (Read 333 times)

Dutchie42

Happy start of the work week everyone Big grin Just two days for me, then my 3-week vacation starts. Not going anywhere, but have a lot of stuff to do in the house. Already did my recovery run early this morning. Just a measely 3.4K. Spike was in sniff&digg mode. Lots of waiting around, calling and yelling It was 14C this morning, so I was't bothered by the waiting for Spike bit. Spooky did her own thing as usual. Off to check on dinner.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

Did my 6.3 today, still a bit sluggish after the long run Saturday. Hot and humid. I can't wait for Fall! I'm thinking of doing Fox Cities Marathon in Wisconsin in September.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

rest day perfesser - you a marathon maniac? cause if you're not, you should be.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

rest day perfesser - you a marathon maniac? cause if you're not, you should be.
          Yep, I'm Maniac #191. I'm still not sure whether that's something I should be proud of, or try to keep secret! Big grin Psychologist: "So, you call yourself a Maniac. How does that make you feel?"

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Dutchie42

Gorgeous morning. Great run. Sort of progressive, I suppose Wink Loved it. And to think, I almost skipped my run today Big grin I'm already in a leisurely vacation mood, but I still have to put in one more day of work. 1 = 7:38 doggie business twice 2 = 7:16 take Spooky off leash 3 = 7:13 4 = 7:12 5 = 7:07 6 = 7:16 put Spooky on leash 7 = 7:10 take Spooky off leash 8 = 7:00 9 = 6:33 10 = 6:30

Dutchie

I run for Fried Chicken!

Slow and easy 4 miles tonight just to stretch out my quads. They are still sore from yesterday's 5k. They are the only parts of my legs that are sore, makes me think I need to work on them more?

A Saucy Wench

ran today after being sick this weekend. Didnt feel nearly as fresh and perky as I expected. Tongue

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Imminent Catastrophe

An awful 6.3. I didn't get out until almost noon, by then it was SO hot. The last part of my run (uphill) was just miserable, I walked a couple times. I'm ready for fall!

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Another 5-miler on that indoor walking track. Wow, I like running again. What a difference 30 degrees and no sun makes. One note: the Garmin footpod is a lifesaver for indoor running. I felt like a tool buying that thing for use on my treadmill (since the treadmill tells you how far and fast you've gone). But it's great for a 12-lap to the mile indoor track, because I don't have to count laps to know how far I've gone.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

A Saucy Wench

. I felt like a tool
                      Man the amount of tongue biting I do outside the swamp is amazing.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

...---...

4 mi tempo (kind of) this morning...I hate running that early. Supposed to do 6 but ran out of time before needing to shower and leave for trade show. So, ran additional 2 progression on treadmill when I got back to hotel this afternoon to make up the difference. Hopefully, I'll reap a similar benefit as if I had run all 6 at once. ANyone want to comment on that? this is my first 2-a-day work out.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Another 5-miler on that indoor walking track. Wow, I like running again. What a difference 30 degrees and no sun makes. One note: the Garmin footpod is a lifesaver for indoor running. I felt like a tool buying that thing for use on my treadmill (since the treadmill tells you how far and fast you've gone). But it's great for a 12-lap to the mile indoor track, because I don't have to count laps to know how far I've gone.
                            Hey JeffGoBlue, What happens if you have the footpod and the GPS going at the same time? Like if you're in the big city and you want the best accuracy so you have them both going? Have you tried this yet? I stood on a corner in NYC for a few minutes waiting for a GPS lock, it would have been great to have the footpod. But would I still have the GPS map and all that? Just wondering if you've tried that combo yet. What data does the watch use--GPS or footpod?

A Saucy Wench

I've wondered the same thing. I run on a trail that you cant keep a signal on the whole way. I'd love to have dual data there. Only reason I could see upgrading at this point Wink

Dutchie42

Nice interval training today. Started with a 3K warmup, followed by 8x185meter intervals with 185 meter recoveries and finished with a 1.4K cool down (adds up to 7.4K). I'm not getting any faster with the intervals, but my recoveries are better Wink Spooky was again running the intervals with me. Jumping up to me and scaring me to death I'd stumble and fall. Spike found a new spot to dig. Very enjoyable run for all of us, I think Clowning around

Dutchie