2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in 11-17 May- (Read 319 times)

Dutchie42

Kill the wabbit!
    I just did Tongue But it wasn't easy. Did my long run on the TM for several reasons, one of them was the temp. It was only 13C outside. Chances are it'll be around 20C on race day. I need to acclimatise (sp?) to higher temps, so the TM in my bedroom seemed a better option today. Another reason was that I had a pretty spicy dinner yesterday. I liked the idea of having the bathroom close by Big grin Legs were unwilling from the start. Mentally, I didn't feel like running either. Guess if you put them together, it makes for a really hard run! I started with 9K/h for the first 5K. Then upped the speed to 9.5K/h. Now two months ago, that would be a nice pace. Today, it felt hard and too fast. It never got any better. I had trouble mainitaining pace. Barely managed to keep going for 2h30. Even slowed down to 8.5K/h pace for the last 15 minutes.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dog-Love

I am taking a day off! I was looking up potential marathons because I want to get one done this year. Juneau marathon is Aug 1 and I am not sure I can get the long runs in by then but I think I'll try. Don't think I can catch the bunny without a goal in front of me. The Lake Tahoe marathon looks like a fun one but we are trying to save some money. Too late to enter the random drawing for the SF Nike's women's marathon. Oh well, I'll see what I can do before August Trey...I would hate to lose my running buddy who also brews beer. What a drag. Why don't people stay in one place anymore DUTCHIE: I don't think I could do 2.5 hrs on the TM. You are amazing. Even if it did feel hard. It would have felt hard for me after 30 minutes (my record time on TM)
      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

I was looking up potential marathons because I want to get one done this year.
        Crater Lake Marathon August 8. Just sayin'.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dog-Love

OK...I will check it out...is it a nice one? Fast one? Are you running it? What's the draw? MTA: Never mind...I checked it out...it looks awesome but I may wait until next year when I have legs and buns of steel. What a pretty route.
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)