2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check in 8-14 June (Read 376 times)

...---...

I vote for Spooky in Dutchie's avatar too.

9 miles on a hilly route this evening (4.5 mile route ran twice). Ran the 2nd half harder than the first. Even with a really slow cool down the last 1/2 mile, I was pleased with the overall pace. Recovery run day or rest tomorrow. Haven't decided if I want to run long Sat or Sun - planning 16 or 17. 44 days to San Francisco. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Crap, I forgot to mention. 6 easy/recovery on the TM today. It was thunderstorming outside. I watched the HBO movie "Into the Storm", about Winston Churchill from 1940-1945. Really good!

Wish I was doing San Francisco too. What a nice memory!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

Wish I was doing San Francisco too. What a nice memory!

It's not too late to sign up...you maniac. Seriously though, hope you heal up and recover well. 

Lately, I've been thinking about doing Disney in January. Going to play that by ear for now though. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Finished up the week with a surprisingly difficult 10 (down from a planned 11).  Legs were sore, especially the calves.  Started the Hal Higdon intermediate plan this week and he calls for a pace run one day and your long run the next.  Don't know if that's going to work for me.  I understand his theory is to get you used to running when you're legs are tired, but....

Off to FL for the week. If you ever go to the Santa Rosa Beach/Seaside area east of Destin they've got a great walking/running/biking path that goes for miles.  Don't know how much I'll be online, so everyone stay healthy until I get back.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Imminent Catastrophe

Easy 6.3 with DW. Hot, humid, but a good run. I'm trying to figure out what to do with my training plan, after the 2 wks off for the foot, then the marathon. I think I'll just ramp up easily for the next week then jump in on week 6 of the plan.

Sent in my app for Mount Desert Island in October--should be beautiful (Maine in mid-October!). I'm also thinking about Little Grand Canyon (Utah) in September. I'm starting to really like these scenic runs.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

17 miles. Got up early enough before the heat and humidity became too much to handle. By the time I finished, it was 88 - before noon!

Brian - the Higdon plan on running a pace run before the long run  doesn't work well for me...I need a rest day or a very easy run, or easy XT before my long runs - preferably a rest day, so I feel you on that one. Especially, during this this time of year for those of us below the Mason Dixon line, it's brutal. Have a great week in FL. 

Russ - a Utah and Maine marathon are on my to-do lists. Love the scenery in both locales. Jealous here. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Spooky in my avatar? I guess I could take a pic of her. Black dogs don't photograph well...

Ran my half marathon today. It was one big struggle from beginning to end. First time I did not enjoy a race. First time I wasn't happy at all when I finished. Now, I know I'm no good at running at temps over 18C. And I don't do well in humid conditions. I also know I'm no good running in the afternoons. And where I live is totally flat, and the course turned out to be hilly including quite a few (and I translate literally now) false flats, despite assurances from colleagues who live there that it's not hilly at all. And apparently, I'm no good at running a race if there are no mile markers (kilometer markers in my case). I never knew where exactly I was in the race, didn't know how much further till the finish, whether to slow down or speed up. It was one big drama. I was pleased to hear from others, they thought so too. I finished faster than my training runs, but slower than my PR. Which isn't a big deal to me, IF I'd enjoyed it. And i didn't. Sad A truly crappy run, in every respect.

There were at least 4 casualties (probably heat induced) that I saw. Ambulance and everything. Sad.

Have to say, I don't feel so good myself. I'm off to bed early. As in now: 8h30PM. Night everyone.

ETA: finish time

Marathon Amersfoort 750 - Beweging 3.0 Halve Marathon Amersfoort

Afstand Tijd
                Bruto eindtijd 02:30:38
                Netto eindtijd 02:27:34

Dutchie
                Run the day, or the day runs you.