2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in 1 - 7 Feb (Read 496 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Nobody running? Where is everyone? All snowed in?

Rained in. But I did get 5 1/2 miles on the TM Thursday and today.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Nobody running? Where is everyone? All snowed in?

I'm recovering from PT today.  They had me doing that exercise where they tie a strap to you and you pull your trainer around the gym.  My calves are so sore today I can barely walk!

Just a dude.

Well... more good news.  I ran 4.25 on the track and it felt better... Not quite pain free... but probably 75% of the way there?

(Meant to run 4.5, but I can't count)

I feel like I am running really slow... but at least I am running...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Hi guys,

4 miles tuesday

4.5 miles wednesday- I did hill repeats per Glover (5 x 5 minutes x 5% incline) I didn't manage to run very fast (it was supposed to be at 10K pace - no way) and my thighs are still burning.

and 3.5 miles thursday

Today is a rest day - I had a wonderful dinner at a friends house with good wine and luckily I have a late site meeting this morning - got to sleep in a bit.

Tomorrow 8 miles outside! 

Kelly - maybe a little rest will make you feel better?

MTA - forgot to hit post on thursday. I'm drinking my tea and getting ready for 3 outside. Moved the 8 to tomorrow - when its supposed to creep up to 0ºC

Happy Saturday!

Recalculating...

Dutchie42

Early this morning Spooky, Spike and I went out for a very easy 3.2 kilometer doggie run. Spike was in sniffing mode. Had to stop more often then I really wanted to.

Later I went to meet 2 of my colleagues and we drove to our national sports centre to get together with the other runners in our team for the Roparun relay. Two coaches were waiting for us and we were divided up in two groups: those who could run a 10K in 45 minutes or less, and those who needed longer than 45 minutes. Ofcourse I was in the slow group. We did several different things:

approx 2 kilometer warm up run to the track through the forest with lots of ice still on the trails.Plus a warm up lap on the track.

Coopertest on the track: 1.930 kms in 12 minutes. Apparently for my age, not too shabby (with my bronchitis still hanging round, I didn't want to go all out).

12 minute relay run

2 easy laps

approx. 4 kms easy back to the car

All in all we were all thinking it was about 10 kilometers.

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

Peak week for me.  20+ tomorrow to get to 50 for the week and then start tapering.  Last time I was SO looking forwarding to cutting back, not so much this time.  Guess that's a good sign.

Now we just need Trey to check in....

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Hi everyone! I just joined this group and I like reading you.

Nice week also for me, some fast works and a lot of rain with my dog.

Today I finally decided to run the Berlin Marathon (I'm from Italy). I've in mind 3:30 but...thre's a lot of work to be done 

http://www.dicorsaaseizampe.com

Moved up to a 3.6 mile run today in a beautiful snow storm (roads were still clear though).  I was able to complete the whole distance without stopping to stretch so I'm feeling pretty good about that.  It's going to take a while to get back into shape.  My HR was about 20 bpm higher for todays run than the equivalent run 4 months ago.

Massimo - If you like running and dogs you will fit in great here.  Welcome to the group and good luck with your training for Berlin.

Brian - You are putting up some monster miles, looking good!

Dutchie - Sounds like you have quite the organization going there, coaches and everything.

Ayola - You're putting in some great miles yourself.  Sounds like a killer hill program.

Kelly + Russ - Sounds like I'm more in your category then the rest.  Just struggling to get some miles in and not kill myself.

Just a dude.

Well, today, my legs felt decent so I proceeded to go on the long run as planned.

About a mile in, I was feeling good, and actually completely forgot about my legs for over half the run.  It was a pretty tough run, but in a way that was fun, so it went well...

My first day over an hour... so that's good.  Rough middle of the week, but I think if I just keep the pace slowed down a bit I will be fine.

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Welcome, Massimo!

Ayola, I hope you have a good run tomorrow!  Sounds nice and warm.

Dutchie, I hope you get rid of the bronchitis for good soon!  That's a horrible thing to have.

Kelly, good job going over an hour!

Another good week for me - 28.4 miles.  This is the first time ever I've run 25+ miles five weeks in a row!  I feel great, too. 

Dutchie42

Teresa: it's been 4 weeks now. They say it takes 6-8 weeks to go away. I'm just glad there's no fever. I just have to be a little careful cause I tire more easily and when the air is very cold or I run too hard (taking deep breaths) I get bad coughing spells.

Brian: 50 miles a week I can't even manage 50 kilometers .

Heffa: you are doing really well building your mileage again. PT happy with your progress too?

Ayola: where are you that you use C and not F? It's been over 0C here for a couple of days. It does drop below 0C at night though.

Massimo: another international! Welcome   Berlin eh? It's on my list, but not for this year.

Am about to go out for another 3.2K doggie run. Then later today, after Spooky digested her breakfast  I'll drive out to a 15K loop with 5 biggish bridges and a few bumps in the road. Gotto prepare for that hilly 18.5K. And for that hilly Roparun. "Hill" training will be part of my weekly routine from now on. Yesterday's training was a little hilly too (running to and from the track) and my quads are a little sore today.

Dutchie

Welcome Massimo!

Dutchie: I'm an american living in Halifax, Canada, so I'm getting used to the "C"

Its warmer today but snowing - I'm going to give the 8 a try. Everyone seems to be feeling better, which is a good thing.

A

Recalculating...

Dutchie42

First did a 3.2 kilometer doggie run with Spike and Spooky. Then, after Spooky digested her breakfast the two of us drove out to this 15 kilometer loop with 5 biggish bridges, 3 small wooden bridges, 1 underpass and 3 bumps in the road.
                            When starting off I was a little worried: (1) I never ran 13 kilometers the day before my long run. (2) I never did such a hard training like I did yesterday, the day before my long run, (3) I hadn't run this particular hard loop in about 6 months or more and (4) I have been running on flat loops or treadmills for over 5 weeks now.
                            Surprisingly, it wasn't untill the 5th bridge that I realised my legs weren't noticing the bridges at all. I'll admit though, this 15 kilometer loop as an add on to the 3.2 kilometer doggie run was just perfect for today.

Even more surprising, no walk breaks, other than numerous breaks for doggie business (gosh I didn't know that dog could pee that often) and 3 potty breaks for me. Guess Spooky and I were both bothered by the cold.

Now that puts me 400 meters ahead of the pink beast for a brief second

Dutchie

20 miles in windy, overcast, 0ºC (since apparently the group has officially switched to celsius).  Best. Run. Ever.  How good was it? If you took my last 13 miles (which included two stops for water) I set a half marathon PR by almost 3 minutes.  My race goal pace was 11:00 and today I averaged 10:27.  I'm reasonably confident that if its freezing and overcast in New Orleans in 3 weeks I can run a 4:35 (10:30).  Sorry Massimo, no 3:30 here (you monster you).

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Dog-Love

Nice week also for me, some fast works and a lot of rain with my dog.

Today I finally decided to run the Berlin Marathon (I'm from Italy).

I wish I were in Italy right now!!!!

I have been traveling so much and my runs have been sporadic at best

Berkeley

Juneau

Seward

Just trying to get outside and enjoy whatever fresh air I can.

I am now getting serious about training for a 4:15 marathon in San Francisco

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)