2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check in: 18-24 October (Read 371 times)

HappyFeat

PerfesserR, I came across a website about Canine Vestibular Syndrome that sounds like Georgia's symptoms. Maybe it is something like this. Here's the link. (I don't know how to make it a real link, so you'll have to cut and paste it.)

http://www.suite101.com/content/what-is-canine-vestibular-syndrome-a51752

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Crabby: I'm very sorry about the loss of your friend. Spending time outside at dawn most days, through the seasons, helps me appreciate the good life that I have.

This morning easy 4 in the drizzle, very warm maybe close to 20ºC when it should be 0 (65F-32F)

Weight training is kicking my butt, I'm trying to balance it building up to a weekly mileage of 24. Fat be gone!

Happy Thursday, A

Recalculating...

Imminent Catastrophe

Thanks for that link, Happy. That's what it seems to be, having eliminated everything else. Supposedly it often goes away spontaneously, I hope so. 

I had a very nice but hard trail run today, it was cool and clear, and the leaves are beautiful. Nice run, up around Springer Mountain and the Benton Mackaye Trail. 16.4 miles, and it's clear I still have some training to do before attempting 50k or 40 mile races. 

And, drum roll please...I finally caught the bunny! At least for now, depending on how I taper next week. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dog-Love

Let all doggies be healthy and live strong!

My herniated disc is much much better and I avoided the cortisone injection.

Am going to ease back into a consistent running regime.  All I really want to do is be able to run for an hour and feel good and enjoy the trails and views.

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
          HappyFeat

Good luck in New York, PerfesserR!! Have a great time!

Been quiet here this week.

Another Rest Week of sorts for me; feeling better than last week. Thinking of changing my Saturday sequence of Long Runs from alternating 10 and 14 to doing a 3-week sequence of 10, 12, and 14. I might do better with that at this stage of the game.

I've been spending 72 hours a week at work for the last 2 weeks, 3 more weeks of killer overtime still ahead.  Some how I've still managed to get in a decent amount of running.  Just working on getting my base back above 20 miles a week right now.

Russ - Have fun in NYC!

HappyFeat

I've been spending 72 hours a week at work for the last 2 weeks, 3 more weeks of killer overtime still ahead.  Some how I've still managed to get in a decent amount of running.

You deserve a huge pat on the back for fitting in any running time at all working those kind of hours - you're amazing!

72hrs! I hope there's a prize at the end of the big push! I guess I cant complain about my heavy workload as well. The bit  of exercise that I'm getting keeps me sane. Definitely a lot of variety and challenge.

Hubby and I went to a local hockey game after work yesterday, got tickets from the office - pretty fun - helps get the mind off of work (even though I took a bunch of photos for an arena the office is designing - what not to do...)

Good luck Perfesser  - I've got see if I can watch online.

Happy Sunday, A

Recalculating...

Imminent Catastrophe

PerfesserR, I came across a website about Canine Vestibular Syndrome that sounds like Georgia's symptoms. Maybe it is something like this. Here's the link. (I don't know how to make it a real link, so you'll have to cut and paste it.)

Wow, Happy, you hit the nail on the head, she went in today and they found she's deaf as a post, and that, along with the balance problems point to Vestibular Syndrome. The good news is, she's adapting well and her appetite has returned, she can navigate the stairs now so she'll be OK. For awhile we were afraid it was a brain tumor or stroke, since it came on so suddenly. So Georgia is going to be OK!

You're awesome, for a number of reasons!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016