2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check in: 8-14 November (Read 309 times)

Dutchie42

Hi everyone,

Just starting the new week. 

Perfesser: how did you do in the marathon?

Killed my own wireless network last week. Managed to get it back up, though unsecured.

Had a pretty good week, last week. Ran 43.6 kilometers/27.09 miles. Still haven't managed to get my 5th run back in. I keep getting up too late. But I figured out why, I think. My Lumie broke last Spring and I'm really missing it now that it's really really dark in the early morning. So ordered a new day-light alarm. Different brand though. Hoping it;ll arrive soon.

ETA: I just realised I already ran nearly 75 kilometers more this year than I ever did before! Guess that makes it an annual PR. 

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

Did weights first (chest/shoulders/triceps) followed by a HiiT w/o. My legs lacked the power for a lot of the jumping. Turned it into more of a low impact w/o. Think I'll move this to Tue or Thu. Or maybe even Sat.

Ran out of time for abs. Maybe tonight?

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

New York City Marathon was just incredible. What an experience that was, running through all those diverse neighborhoods, with all those crazy New Yorkers cheering us on, it was like I was in the Super Bowl! And, I ran pretty well, enjoying the experience, stopping to take some pictures along the way and give some high-fives, and finished in 4:01:04. I passed the half in 2:02 and could probably have run under 4 with a hard effort but was just having too much fun. So, 2:02/1:59 where the second half is harder, I really had a great time. Never before have I seen the 10k marker and thought, "what, already? It feels like I just started!". Time flies when you're having fun. 

One of the great things is that the foreign runners actually outnumber the USA runners, and it was so cool seeing all those different countries represented. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Congrats Perfesser! Sounds like you had a lot of fun Big grin Fantastic finish time too. 

I'm afraid my peroneus longus injury from two years ago has returned. After my long run last Sunday, everything was fine. But after I returned from grocery shopping later that day the outside of my R-foot suddenly hurt. I remember this from two years ago.

During my run today it did hurt. I consciously altered my running form to take the pressure off of the outside of my foot. that seemed to help a little. I was glad I was on the TM, cause I could step off if I needed to.

9min@9K

1min@10K

8min@9K

2min@10K

7min@9K

3min@10K

6min@9K

4min@10K

5min@9K

37sec@10K

Dutchie

Good job Russ. Glad you had a great time.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Nice run Russ.  I tried to watch you using the runner tracking but it was evidently very overloaded.  It was barely functional.  Your splits (when I could see them) were very pretty.  Congrats!

Yeah Peefesser! Great split - more kudos later...

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

Glad you had such a great time in New York, PerfesserR. Will we get to see some of those pics you took on the run?

Dutchie: Congratulations on your annual mileage PR. That's great!  How's your foot now - any better?

My only news is I bought 4 more pairs of my "magic shoes" since that Brooks promo deal I got in on is good until the end of the year - a great price of $60. So my closet is Shoe Heaven. I still need to take each of them for a test run to make sure none is defective, but that's pretty unlikely. 

My new orthotics were a bust; so I'm back to wearing my 10-year-old pair and my legs are soooo much happier. 

I'm still mentally in a Rest Week zone because my 14-miler last Saturday was lousy after mile 11.  I should have made it a 12 like I intended the day before, but I didn't stick with my new plan.  I will from now on.... a 3-week sequence of 10-12-14...which I haven't even tried yet. 

Hope everyone else is having a great week.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Imminent Catastrophe

Here's a link to the photos. 

For some reason they're not in chronological order.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the support!

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Great photos! Wish I was there (cheering you on... I haven't run more than 15 miles at a time yet)

Today 7.5 miles windy 5ºC, lungs feel clean! I stopped to watch the Canadian forces prepare for the Veterans' Day ceremony. Resting at home today, thinking of next year's plan. Yikes, I hope I make it to 1000 miles this year.

A

Recalculating...

Crickets...

21.5 today with the last 8 miles at marathon pace. Went very well, and was a beautiful day (but hotter than I'd like).  55 for the week which is a personal best by about 4 miles.  I think I'm going to start taper week 1 with a rest day.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Imminent Catastrophe

13.3 Friday and 6.2 today, the 13 was nice at a good pace. Today--not so good, really tired, had a stomach ache and almost tossed my cookies at the end. Ick. Still felt a little better than before the run but, yuck. I'm just trying to keep some good maintenance runs for my upcoming ultras. I hope the Zantac works because, yuck.