2000Km-1243 mile club

Hello April (Read 526 times)

Welcome to April chickadees!

Light snow showers and heavy wind this morning, so I'm gambling on postponing my 14 miler to tomorrow morning. Luckily I'm right on the coast so there won't be any accumulation - a half hour inland there's 5 inches on the ground!

I went to the gym, did some light cardio and LOTS of stretching and foam rolling. I'm happy with my +100 mile month of March, and I'm planning out my April schedule.

How's it going for you? A

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

Yes - welcome to April!

After all day yesterday's nonstop rain, the sky is clearing this morning. Patches of bright blue starting to appear just in time for my LR. I want to get out there quickly in case it doesn't last.

I notice NJPhil close behind me in the Bunny Race. You're making steady progress. Are you working towards a marathon soon?

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Light snow showers and heavy wind this morning, so I'm gambling on postponing my 14 miler to tomorrow morning. Luckily I'm right on the coast so there won't be any accumulation - a half hour inland there's 5 inches on the ground!

55 F and sunny here in Virginia today.  I'm so glad winter is over for us!

Had a pretty good result in my triathlon today.  My swim and bike could definitely use some work but the run went great (20:52 for the 5K).  Overall I shaved 10 minutes from last years performance.  My time would have been good enough for 2nd in my AG last year.  Unfortunately there were a bunch more fast people this year and I ended up 9th out of 28 for my AG. 

HappyFeat

Way to go Jeff! Ten minutes faster than last year is a big increase. Nice weather for your triathlon too.

Dutchie42

Happy April everyone,

I'm back online Smile It had everything to do with a tiny phone line cable.

Anyways, didn't run much last week. Just the 6 kilometer doggie run I did this morning. I did a LB w/o on Thursday, first time ever with a sort of gliding disk. Man, my adductors have been screaming at me for two days! I'm still sore but at least I could run again without being in pain (I'm not kidding).

I've taken as much control back of my life as I possibly can in the current family situation. Meaning I'm ready to go out there and run again. Vancouver is out for this year, but its back on my list for next year.

The pink monster is ahead of me for the first time this year I think, so time to catch up with it again.

Heffa: great tri, you were a lot faster than last year. Congrats! Wasn't the swim very cold?

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

Yes - welcome to April!

After all day yesterday's nonstop rain, the sky is clearing this morning. Patches of bright blue starting to appear just in time for my LR. I want to get out there quickly in case it doesn't last.

I notice NJPhil close behind me in the Bunny Race. You're making steady progress. Are you working towards a marathon soon?

Hi HappyFeat,

yes I am working toward the NJ Marathon on May 1st.  Things had been going well until this week when I was out of commision with some sort of flu/cold.  One more week of training and another long run before I taper.  Hopefully I can keep up my mileage after the marathon.

HappyFeat

NJPhil: Maybe your body was just telling you that you needed a little more rest than you had planned at that point. Hope you're feeling better and that the next couple weeks go very well for you. Is this the first marathon you're doing?  I expect you'll be chasing the Bunny again soon after. The Bunny can be verrry motivating!

Jeff: Great job on that tri time improvement. I'm a wee bit jealous of your speed and weather (more snow predicted here for overnight aargh)!

I'm getting rid of a cold that hit hard yesterday, so I scraped my long run this week. I don't think I've stayed in bed that long for a couple of years! I ran a slow 3 miles this morning just to get outside - still a little shaky and headachy, but I think its moving on... A

Recalculating...

Dutchie42

This morning was a very nice 5.7 kilometer run with Spooky. It's actually very nice not to feel the pressure of following a training plan Wink

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

My rain trend continues, 39°F, windy and rainy today in Boston. I wore a rainshell, which was great when it was raining but a bit warm when it wasn't. Anyway it was a nice 8. I'm supposed to be in Anchorage Sunday and guess what the forecast says--cold and rainy! I am getting used to it, anyway.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Not so effortless 10.9 kilometer run this morning. Legs felt heavy. Maybe because of last nights PT appt. Managed to pass the bunny again. For now Wink

Gorgeous sunrise which didn't last long because of clouds rolling in. Nice outside though.

Dutchie

Heffa: great tri, you were a lot faster than last year. Congrats! Wasn't the swim very cold?

It was a pool swim.  The cold part was going from the warm pool to 50F outside for the bike.

I knew I had not trained enough for the swim and the bike part of the tri.  I am still very sore through my shoulders and my calves.  I've been trying to take it easy for a while.  I couldn't help getting in some barefooting yesterday.  It was 85F and just beautiful and it just had to be done.  I'll call today a complete rest day and pick back up again tomorrow.

NJPhil - Good luck on your marathon.  What a crappy time in your training to have a cold.  Make sure you still taper even though you probably will feel like "making up for it".

A - It's very impressive the way you are keeping your mileage up in the face of harsh weather and sickness.  Ready for spring much?

Kind of a roller coaster day.  Woke up this morning and decided I wasn't going to race this Saturday due to the weather (82, sunny and breezy).  Even planned how I was going to update my RA signature.  Then I went for my morning run (per the plan 4x400).  On the warm up jog out to flat ground I passed a man being trailed (about 15 feet behind) by a wire-haired Jack Russell that had a two-foot long stick in its mouth.  I found this hilarious and got the first burst of energy I've had in weeks and had a pretty good run.

So I think I've changed my mind back and will run Saturday after all, but I'm going to adjust my goals.  I was shooting for 4:15 with 4:22 as a minimum.  Now I'm thinking 4:30 or slower if that's what's needed.  The overarching goal for this whole training cycle has not been a specific time but to have a positive experience and a strong race with a neutral/negative split so I'm going to refocus on that. Then a quick break and try to find a training plan for when you don't have anything specific to train for.

Dutchie: sorry to hear about your marathon and trip, I was looking forward to having you in the neighborhood (well, the same side of the ocean).

Jeff: good job last weekend

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Ready for spring much?

VERY ready. 4 miles treadmill today with 5k pace thrown in (3/4 mile with short rests)

Drphibes - take it easy and enjoy!

Recalculating...

Dutchie42

DrPhibes: take a break, it'll do you good Wink

5.75 kilometer slow run this morning in drizzling rain and pretty strong winds. Think both my dogs are sick. They both haven't eaten yesterday and their poop has a very strange yellowish colour. But they are active and playful. Not sure what's bothering them.

Dutchie