2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in: 16-22 August (Read 486 times)

Dutchie42

Gooood Morning everyone,

well, afternoon for me actually Nice recovery run with the dogs. Spike must have picked up on my mood, cause he stopped to sniff and digg quite often. On occasion I even stopped the clock cause he took so long. And because we left the house so late in the morning, we had to stop a few times and step of the road for traffic a couple of times too. Ah well, it was just meant to warm up my mucsles, loosen them up a little.
    Added on a 30min LB w/o and an abs w/o. Legs felt great afterwards.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

Perfesser: congrats on finishing Humpy's with such a great time! That's the way to do it

Today was a hill workout/run:
      15 min warm up @ 9K/h and 0%
      30 sec @ 9K/h and 3-4-5-4-3% with 30 sec recoveries @ 0%
      3 min @ 9K/h and 0%
      30 sec @ 9K/h and 3-4-5-4-3% no recoveries
      3 min @ 9K/h and 0%
      30 sec @ 3-5-7-9-11-9-7-5-3% with 30sec recoveries @0%
      3 min @ 9K/h and 0%
      30 sec @ 3-5-7-9-11-9-7-5-3% with no recoveries
      finished up @ 9K/h and 0% till I ran a full 60 minutes.
      Threw in a few striders @ 10K/h to make sure I would end up with 9 kilometers.

I really enjoyed it today. Thought it would be hard because my legs felt tired, but didn't notice a thing while running

Dutchie

Perfesser: Kicked that boot with a marathon!

The regular weekly schedule is off kilter. Yesterday ran 5 in the afternoon, surprised myself and ran faster than normal. Today I'll try a spin class.

I'm scraping the 10K on Sunday - I don't think I have any real speed and I haven't really practiced any intervals. Sticking with my two primary goals: a solid HM in October and replacing fat with muscle in the gym.

Happy Tuesday, A

Recalculating...

Congrats on the Marathon Russ!

We are currently on vacation through PA and OH.  I'm still trying to build up my long runs for my HM in 3 weeks so I did a 10 miler on Sunday.  I was about 2 miles in when the earth suddenly started rising in front of me.  I think it was the work of some kind of demon, I have seldom seen such works of trickery.  This phenomenon, which I can only compare to when you add incline to a treadmill, went on at a rather steep angle for almost a mile.  Then the earth cast me down just as abruptly.  It was very confusing!

Dutchie42

Heffa: love the description of your run. Very imaginative, I could see it happen Enjoy your vacation.

Nice relaxing easy 13K run with Spooky this morning. Waited for the rain to stop then we went.Bit chilly out. Was wearing a long sleeved Summer shirt first time since early April. Regretted that in the stretches without wind. But very pleased with the shirt in the open fields and along the dike. In the end: good choice for me today.

ETA 1: I've mysteriously become the owner of this club. I used to be the admin. I've gotten a promotion. What's the pay for being an owner?
            ETA 2: anyone know how Trey is? He's about to become the dead last runner in the YTD. And what's up with Gig? He hasn't done much running lately either.
            ETA 3: and what's up with this site? Weird things are happening. You better copy your post before you save it. I've lost quite a few today. disappeared into the great virtual unknown.

Dutchie

Just a dude.

Congrats on the promotion Dutchie... I think that comes with a 30% increase in salary...

As for the posts and stuff... I have had absolutely no problems... I use Chrome on XP or Vista...

I've been chugging away with 70+ mile weeks... Turned an ankle a bit last Sunday but didn't miss any time with it... Just had to slow down a day or two... 

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Imminent Catastrophe

Well, I've been a total slug since the race. I've had absolutely no desire to run and haven't. Finally broke out of my bad attitude and got an easy 3 on the TM today. This is supposed to be week 3 of my training for a December 40-mile trail run so I'd better get going.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Perfesser: that happens to me all the time afer a big race. Takes a few weeks to get going again. I'm sure the rest was good for you.

Dutchie

Dog-Love

After my "hardest hike of my life" hike last Sunday, I am slowly getting my quads back.  Have run 2-3 5 mile runs this week and it is getting easier.  HOpe to run 10-13 this weekend.
                    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                      Found a really nice park to run here in Columbus this morning.  9.5 mile out and back on crushed rock trail.  Batelle-Darby park, check it out if you are in Columbus.
                      HappyFeat

I've been chugging away with 70+ mile weeks... Turned an ankle a bit last Sunday but didn't miss any time with it... Just had to slow down a day or two... 

-Kelly

Are you sure you aren't SuperMan, Kelly?? You have remarkable powers of regeneration, mus' say.

Can I whine a bit and say I just had the worst run in quite a while? My own fault - haven't been following my own "rehab program" religously this past week. I'll take tomorrow as a Rest Day and see how Monday goes. I'd planned to give 12 miles a go. We'll see what happens. 

MTA: correction - Sunday is when I'll try to run 12, not Monday.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Just a dude.

Are you sure you aren't SuperMan, Kelly?? You have remarkable powers of regeneration, mus' say.

I am quite sure that I am NOT SuperMan.  I've been ramping up the mileage consistently, trying to build up a decent base.  I'm convinced that it will help me run faster... I have a good chance of cracking 80 miles this week for the first time.  That would probably be my 2nd highest ever.

But I'm stiff and sore a lot.  I have days where I don't want to go run. I'm trying to find out how to run faster, not just farther, and it has been somewhat eluding me.  I'm struggling to get rid of these last 10 lbs. I have extremely aggressive goals and I'm trying to do what it takes to achieve them.  I try to be patient, consistent, smart, and aggressive all at the same time.  

I'm plugging away at it... Trying to keep a positive attitude and put in the work necessary. I'm trusting that my training is right. Hopefully it all pays off...

I'll have to run a race or a time trial somewhere to see how it's all going... 

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Dutchie42

HappyFeat: you whine as much as you like We've all had those crappy runs so we understand.
                            Kelly: if you are stiff and sore all the time, you're body is telling you that it's reached its limit for now. Or maybe you need a good stretch or massage.

10.1K run for me this morning. It is forecasted to be another hot day. Spooky and I got out early. Lower legs felt heavy, which made my run a little tiresome. Zoned out apparently cause I suddenly was running up the bridge with about 400 meters left to go.
                            Long run tomorrow. Will try a 2h45 run (approx. 23-24K, depending on my speed).

Dutchie

This week:
                              Tues - 1hr with trainer, Wed - spin class, Thurs - 3.5 run, Fri - 1hr with trainer. Positives: I'm starting to see some improvement in body shape - less lumpy. Negatives: the legs are taking a beating.

Getting ready for today's 8 miler. I picked up Brad Hudson's book Run Faster. I'm going to incorporate 2 x 2 miles at HM or little faster pace, with a rest in between, into today's run.

I hope everyone's weekend long runs are swell, A

Next week I'm going long for 13.1

Recalculating...

Dutchie42

Hi guys, I stumbled on this

http://www.solar-eclipse-marathon.com/the-marathon

Think this is one worth saving up for.

Dutchie