2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in for 1/1-1/4 (Read 373 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

I guess I'll start this one, it'll be a short week... 6 on the treadmill today, I can't usually do more than 3 on the machine due to boredom but I wanted to get ahead of the bunny, for however short a time. Cold and rainy outside again.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

LOL Perfesser, thanks for starting the new thread. I already posted in the old one but I'll repost here: did an UB endurance w/o first, incl. abs. Then did 3K on the TM. Legs weren't willing, and neither was my head. I think doing the strength training first woke up my brain and it new I was running Big grin

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

Rest day today - doing a half marathon tomorrow. Won't run it hard but should be a fun morning.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

Great job on the HM tomorrow Trey..I am waiting to fly out of Juneau to Portland then off to Boston tomorrow. Don't think I will run until Sunday and then hope to get a slow touring run of Boston. Will not do the BM course.
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
          Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good luck, Trey!! I wimped out on running yesterday (wind chill WAY below zero), so I went for a nice, long run this afternoon - 9.2 miles. Felt good! At the moment, I'm even ahead of the 1500 mile pace bunny. That probably won't last for long, but I'll try to keep it up as long as possible.
            Jill_B

I fly.

I really want to meet 2000K this year. It's been my goal almost every year, but it hasn't happened yet. Hopefully '09 it will. I ran on the treadmill yesterday and this morning, but my treadmill is not doing so well and shut off during today's run. I need a new one. Tomorrow I'm hoping for a long run so that I can kick things into high gear! Good luck to everyone else and happy new year!

Bring it on.

Imminent Catastrophe

Rest day today - doing a half marathon tomorrow. Won't run it hard but should be a fun morning.
                Cool! Have fun Trey. I'm doing the Rock N' Roll Phoenix on the 18th.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

Thanks all. Sorry for the next bit but can't resist:
                  ... then off to Boston tomorrow. Don't think I will run until Sunday and then hope to get a slow touring run of Boston. Will not do the BM course.
                  When you get there try the baked beans. Do you know why they only use 239 beans in the Boston baked beans dish? Because if they used 1 more, it would be 240 (pronounced with a Boston accent "too-fahty"). Clowning around Modified to get the punch line right.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Jill_B

I fly.

Thanks all. Sorry for the next bit but can't resist: When you get there try the baked beans. Do you know why they only use 239 beans in the Boston baked beans dish? Because if they used 1 more, it would be 240 (pronounced with a Boston accent "too-fahty"). Clowning around Modified to get the punch line right.
                    I may be a goofball, but that is the funniest thing that I've read all day.

Bring it on.

A Saucy Wench

Cool! Have fun Trey. I'm doing the Rock N' Roll Phoenix on the 18th.
                      Oh damn, I almost signed up for that, my friend is flying down for it and I thought about going with her.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dog-Love

Thanks all. Sorry for the next bit but can't resist: When you get there try the baked beans. Do you know why they only use 239 beans in the Boston baked beans dish? Because if they used 1 more, it would be 240 (pronounced with a Boston accent "too-fahty"). Clowning around Modified to get the punch line right.
                        Great...just what I need. Sitting in a room with hundreds of people and me all full of beans Yuk Yuk
                        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                        Dutchie42

When you get there try the baked beans. Do you know why they only use 239 beans in the Boston baked beans dish? Because if they used 1 more, it would be 240 (pronounced with a Boston accent "too-fahty"). Clowning around
                          LOL, too funny Trey. Like the avatar, but miss the doggie. How did the Half go? Did you win Big grin Wasn't in the mood for a run all day. Then checked the bunny who was 1.7K ahead of me. That did it! Off I went on the TM. Thought of running easy for 20 min. No, should be 30min. Played Cinemania in the stereo. Really loud. Started with Rocky Wink Now that got me in the mood .... At 9.0K/h I was enjoying myself. BBC showed some Greek orRoman drama. Think it looked Greek-ish. With that Welsh actor. What's his name? Way back when? Started smiling when Que sera sera played and my feet started to fall in sync with the beat. Didn't stop smiling till the last song. I stopped there. Don't like that last song. 8K in total (=52:31 minutes). Now I'm hungry Wink ETA: mistakes

Dutchie
                          Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

How did the Half go? Did you win Big grin
                            Ha ha ha, yeah I won Cool. Not a bad little 1/2 in a small community. Hilly as hell, but a nice run and fun people to chat with. Finished in 2:15 and some change. Temporarily, I am ahead of the pace bunny Big grin Modified for spelling

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

AnneCA

Hey all! I like a pace group with a weekly check-in -- helps keep me going, for sure. I missed a day running this week (too many holiday activities), but made up for some of it with a 15-mile run this morning on a local paved multi-use trail. My longest run! (well, since 1991) From the feeling of my legs now, I'm thinking it was probably a stupid move on my part, but I'm sitting here with some ice, and hopefully I won't have to pay too badly. (I've got bursitis of the pes anserinus, which I had never even heard of before a couple weeks ago, but which turns out to be where your hamstring attaches on the inside top of the tibia. I am doing PT, currently just as "prescribed" by my sister-in-law who was in town for the holidays, but once my schedule gets more post-holiday normal I hope to go in for some further treatment etc.) Trey -- glad you fun on the half! Crabby -- have a good trip to Boston. Teresa -- stay warm! I was complaining because my run was 35 degrees this morning. Clowning around

...---...

AnneCA - when Perfesser comes out to SF with the rest of us to run in July, he's buying rounds at the Buena Vista Cafe - hold us a seat okay? Wait, or is it I'm buying rounds?

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12