2000Km-1243 mile club

December (Read 406 times)

HappyFeat

Gonna try for 5 miles this weekend and then I'll start adding in some terrain (I've been doing all my runs on a pancake flat 1/3 mile walking path).  Just going to keep taking it easy and let the distance come.

Everyone have a great New Year and a great new year in 2012.

That means you will reach your 1100 goal by the 31st? Yaay!

I love your philosophy "keep taking it easy and let the distance come"

That's what I'm doing these days. I feel like I'm slacking in terms of what I wish I were running, but I'm doing all I can do and not pushing things - that appears to be plenty hard enough. At this point I'm happy ending the year with 30-mile weeks which was my own goal.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Come on Heffa and Emurphy, knock the bugger off.

13 hours to go in NZ, currently looking very wet for New Years. Great......... Sad

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

I was planning a long run tomorrow to finish off the year but I got off work early today so I went ahead and knocked out some today.  Just a little 9 miler tomorrow and the bunny bites the dust!

HappyFeat

I was planning a long run tomorrow to finish off the year but I got off work early today so I went ahead and knocked out some today.  Just a little 9 miler tomorrow and the bunny bites the dust!

go! go! go! Your legs'll be tired on New Years Day, but it will be so worth it! I'll think of you when I'm running tomorrow.

HappyFeat

I finally got a chance to look at your photos from the Tarawera Ultra course, Puke. You live in one of the most beautiful places on earth! Thanks for posting the link to your album. I could look at that scenery forever.

Imminent Catastrophe

I finally got a chance to look at your photos from the Tarawera Ultra course, Puke. You live in one of the most beautiful places on earth! Thanks for posting the link to your album. I could look at that scenery forever.

What? Where is the link? Gotta get psyched for Tarawera.

I had a great run today, got with a bunch of great GUTS folks I'd never met before and had a really long run on what local trailrunners call the "Meat Grinder", for good reason, it's a tough trail that connects Amicalola State Park to Springer Mountain--this is the trail that hikers take to start the through-hike of the Appalachian Trail which starts at Springer Mountain. 

Anyway, 18.6 miles, 7300 ft elevation change. That's it for 2011! 

Happy New Year everyone!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

Congratulations on the ultra Heffa, great time.

We had a wet week in New Zealand last week (middle of summer - sure it is) so it gave me several excuses not to go for a run.  But finally got my arse into gear and did 10km (in heavy rain) to push me past the 2000 mark.  The rain continued through the weekend so celebrated by doing a 20km out and back on a section on next years Tarawera Ultra.  Very scenic part of the course.  Took me 2:45 but stopped to take photos on the way.  Really weird thing for me is that during the entire run I saw nobody. Nearly 3 hours without human contact.  Heavy rain and mud might have had something to do with it.  Anyway, here are some photos - enjoy

Okataina Lodge to Lake Tarawera  MTA, I think the link wasn't working, so did it again.

Well done matt and Russ on the 2k

Here's the post with the link.

HappyFeat

Anyway, 18.6 miles, 7300 ft elevation change. That's it for 2011! 

Happy New Year everyone!

Wow!  That's an impressive Last Run of the year.

18.5 km in torrential rain to finish off the year.

Way to go Heffa

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Thanks Happy.....the photos didn't really do justice. They tell me it isn't even the most scenic part of the ultra course. Put visiting NZ on your bucket list and get out here one day.  I've got the Chicago Marathon on mine....buggered if I can understand that.

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Great photos Puke! Happy New Years folks, I'm hoping you let me back in the club tomorrow... A

Recalculating...

Done!

HappyFeat

Done!

Congratulations!

I did my yoga workout so far, but am still in my pjs, trying to make up my mind how far to run and which route.

Seems like I should run 14 since it's the last day of the year. That's the second longest run of this past year and I'm not up to doing 16 which was my longest. On the other hand, I could run my challenging 12 mile Big Hills Route to start off the new year in the direction of my goal to get comfortable with that run.

HappyFeat

Happy New Years folks, I'm hoping you let me back in the club tomorrow... A

Ayola you better come back tomorrow!

The Great Chase begins anew and we need everybody back at it. We can't do it all by ourselves, now can we?

Happy New Year everyone

Goals 2016

Do stuff