2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check In Sept 14 - 20 (Read 371 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Good luck Nader!

I went to the ortho today, its a strained ligament (sprained ankle, basically). The good news is that it's just a stretch, not a tear, so I should be able to resume running in a couple of weeks. He gave me a brace and some meds. Looks like MDI is still on! Big grin

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

I went to the ortho today, its a strained ligament (sprained ankle, basically). The good news is that it's just a stretch, not a tear, so I should be able to resume running in a couple of weeks. He gave me a brace and some meds. Looks like MDI is still on! Big grin

That's great news! 

-

Although I'd much rather do a Terri Hayes race in October, I've gone ahead and signed up for Spirit of Survival marathon on 10/4 - business plans are holding so I'll be nearby anyway. 

Have a great weekend all - Trey

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Good luck Nader!

Looks like MDI is still on! Big grin

Yes!!

(and thanks!)

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Imminent Catastrophe

Not much to report t'day, mateys. Just 200 chains (that's about 10,000 cubits fer you on the metric system) on that elliptical contraption. Argggghhh, it's mighty borin', it is. I was watchin' The View on the TV. Curses! I'd sooner walk the plank than watch those wenches...

MTA: Pirate talk. Arrrgggghhhh....

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

...---...

My pirate name is Iron Jack Flint.

Speaking of walking the plank, day 3 of rain with 100% for today. I suppose I'll get out and run at some point. 

-

Pirate joke (warning, it's bad):

So this young pirate signs up and heads to his new ship. He sees an old pirate, a rough and rugged character, with a peg leg, a hook for a hand, and an eye patch. The young pirate says "wow, you've really seen some action! How did you get those battle scars?"

The veteran pirate says, "Well, I was made to walk the plank, and a shark bit me leg off." The young pirate, wide eyed is mesmerized. "And the hook?" The old timer says, "Well, I was in battle stealing me treasure from a ship carrying a tiger and the beast bit me hand off."  

"Whoa!" exclaimed the recruit. "And the eye patch?"

The old pirate says, "One day I was swabbing the deck and I looked up and a sea gull crapped in me eye." 

The young pirate, confused, says "A sea gull made you loose your eye?" 

The veteran pirate laughs, "Ah, no matey, but that was me first day with me hook."

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Trey: you made me laugh. Good joke!

Ran my 10 mile race in 1h46 and change (unofficially).
              It was 23C and that's too warm for me. I am a warm weather running wuss.
              Anyways, ran the first half with a colleague. Pace was great but I noticed on the inclines (bridges, underpasses that my lower calf got increasingly worse. After about 8 kilometers (halfway) there was this particularly steep incline up a dike and I told her to go ahead without me. I had to stop and walk a bit till the lower calf felt better. Which was a nice moment to have 1/4 banana as it happened near a fruit stand
              After that I just slowed down a bit and walked all the inclines. Except for the last one. This bridge was only 300 meters from the finish. I even managed a little sprint at the end. It was a good day

I cancelled all the other races for this year and am now focussing on getting my L-leg back to running pain free. Step #1: get new shoes. I realised I have over 700 kilometers on these. I usually buy new shoes at 500 kilometers. Step #2: run every other day and for next week, that will only be 30 minutes for each run. See how how my leg feels.

Dutchie
              Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

Dutchie, sorry about your calf problems. It sounds like cutting back and the new shoes will help. Maybe a different shoe?

30 minutes on the exercise bike today. Somebody shoot me please.

Dog-Love

OK you all...get mended and healthy.  Sounds like next weekend will be busy for folks...good luck

Thanks for the pirate joke...I've got to remember not to scratch my eyes when I have knives in my hands.

Ran yesterday and I think I bonked.  It was faster than I wanted and earlier than I wanted to go.  I'll try a slow one at noon today with nobody but my dog who likes to swim every mile

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                  Dutchie42

Crabby: you think you bonked? How far did you go?

Perfesser: I read your sig line, what does HAFNWNHBB mean?

Dutchie
                    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dog-Love

Dutchie:  I was feeling lo after 1 mile and then I never coupld really catch my breath.  Normally we talk alot the whole way and I felt so extremely winded throughout the run.  Just a bad run!  But even the worst run is better than no run at all
                      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

13.8 yesterday and 5.5 today.  Like much of the south its been raining almost nonstop for most of the week, but thankfully I was lucky enough to dodge the rain both days.  Heat and humidity was so bad on Saturday that I drank 100+ ounces during the run and still dropped 4.4 pounds.

Dutchie: sorry about the calf, but glad you're out on the road.  I like your plan to give it a chance to heal.

Russ: I'm really worried about the dogs.  Do you have a treadmill or something for them?

But even the worst run is better than no run at all

Truer words ....

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

a quiet running week for me (caused by a chaotic work week!)

but finished well with a 1.46 half Smile.  thats about 3 mins faster than i expected!

Dog-Love

Way to go Mandy!!!!  That's a great time. 

I am hoping  for a sub 52 10K next Saturday... we shall see.

Imminent Catastrophe

Nice HM time Mandy, it's always nice to beat your expectations! And I love your avatar (I'm a space geek).

Dutchie, that's something personal that I use for motivation. Hopefully I can reveal it someday.