2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in Aug 10 - Aug 16 (Read 399 times)

...---...

a wet 7.5 this morning - humid as heck here too. Overcast had it a little easier. Started to rain lightly at mile 5.5 or so - I was already drenched from sweat so I couldn't really tell the difference.

Felt pretty strong during the run - often found myself running faster than I think I need to right now. The recovery to gen aerobic pace mid week runs have worked pretty well.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Fantastic run.  Temp was 89, but the humidity was low and there was a bit of a breeze.  Started with an easy 3.5 that was 30 seconds faster than normal easy pace.  After a 10 minute rest waiting on the group run to start, did 4.3 at 10:15.  Let me repeat that: 4.3 at 10:15.  In 89 degree heat. With big hills. It was work, no doubt, but it felt great. (yes I know 10:15 is slow, but its all relative)

Buckeye - good job catching the bunny.  Pushes him one slot closer to the bottom of the page.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

...---...

Easy 6 this morning. Very foggy - like running in SF again. City lights in fog, before the sun comes up, are cool.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Wow, the 2Km group is slow lately.

Yesterday, 5 easy with strides on the TM

Today, nice easy run with DW, heart rate was really low! Then finished up with 2.8 miles tempo. 9.2 total.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

3 miles today, perfect weather. Getting all of my "exercise" from packing this week. 8 days until the move.

A

Recalculating...

My corporate team did the ASYMCA mud run this past weekend.  It was a blast.  The course was the best ever.  About 3 miles of sand/mud, 1 mile of single track trail, 1 mile of asphalt, plenty of mud pits, a water crossing and lots of pizza/beer at the finish.  We came up 30 seconds shy of defending our corporate title from last year but we had a lot of fun.

My other runs this week have been on the treadmill.  It has either been really hot or really rainy all this week.

Today I did almost 2 miles of barefooting in the rain.  I'm convinced that is what running is supposed to feel like!  It was just plain fun splashing through the puddles in bare feet.

Dog-Love

Sounds like a muddy fun race! Today was a rainy 55 degree day here in Juneau and I ran a 9+ mile trail run that seemed half straight up and half straight down.  Beautiful run up Perseverence trail.  Rusty was so tired after this one.  Theres a race tomorrow that goes up to 1500 feet from sea level in 5miles but I may sleep in
                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

...---...

19 grueling humid miles on all trails.

Man, my dogs are barking right now (a.k.a. feet hurting). Heels feel bruised although I know their not. Trying to get over another heat & dehydration headache. Today I drained my Camelbak Mule (100 oz) plus 20 oz of Cytomax and 16 oz of Endurox. I've since had a another liter of water plus a 20 oz fountain coke - still haven't had to use the rest room. 

But, no new blisters...so I've got that going for me. Gonna try and put in some recovery miles tomorrow. Don't know if my feet can take technical trails again. Will evaluate in the morning.

Cheers. 

PS - Russ, ice in the camelbak is a noble prize caliber idea. Kind if ashamed I didn't think of it before now. Thanks.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

18 mile group run.  Starting temp was 75º with 91% humidity.  Actually wasn't that bad at the start as there was a bit of a breeze.  Around mile 11 the sun made it over the trees and it became a lot more work. Conditions not as tough as Trey's, though. Somewhat rolling, but not too bad.  Garmin says 2500 elevation gain/loss, but I find the quality of its elevation numbers couldn't get the thing a job working the "guess your weight" boot at the fair.  

Once again I was the "lanterne rouge".  Its always fun to see how excited the volunteers at the water stops are when I approach because they know they can pack up and head home.

41 for the week.  First time over 40.  Legs are feeling it, but rest day tomorrow.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

...---...

Took a rest day today - 47 miles within 7 days and I'm just needing some R&R. Sierra Nevada Anniversary IPA has been released (and on sale no doubt) so I'm hunkered down with all my favorite foods, and the IPA, and am enjoying some serious couch time and refueling.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

Once again I was the "lanterne rouge".  Its always fun to see how excited the volunteers at the water stops are when I approach because they know they can pack up and head home.

41 for the week.  First time over 40.  Legs are feeling it, but rest day tomorrow.

LOL - hang in there. It's not about speed. As far as I'm concerned. Nice mileage. anything at or approaching 40 mpw is awesome. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

This 2K group is pretty driven!! I have a hard time keeping up but when I read the posts it motivates me to get out on the trails.  My dog lately has been slowing down and although he can still finish a 9 mile run...it really takes it out of him.  He sleeps a lot!

So I decided to run that 5 mile race straight uphil on Saturday and although I walked abit of it, it felt good to push through on the hill.  Slightly sub-10 min miles and a good way to start the day.

Today is a rest day and my friend and I are going to try our luck with fish printing with some octopuses and squid that I have in my freezer.

Hope next week is a good one!

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

...---...

My dog lately has been slowing down and although he can still finish a 9 mile run...it really takes it out of him.  

Crabby - Hobbes can't keep up like he used to either. This time of year, I don't even take the dogs at all, unless it's a walk. They do better in late fall/winter/early spring for sure. However, Hobbes has never done more than 6 with me - but then again, he's not a working group type breed  Hobbes excels at naps, tug-of-war, and squirrel chasing. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

I just notice that Rusty needs to swim more and run less and when I go for longer runs with him I can guaruntee a 12 minute pace.  AK is pretty cool temperature wise but I think his bones are getting tired.  He has trained me for 2 marathons but I think those days are over. Sad but true... he does try though.  Right now he is sleeping snoring and passing a bit of gas.

Maybe I'll que him into squirrel chasing.

Imminent Catastrophe

Sierra Nevada Anniversary IPA has been released (and on sale no doubt) so I'm hunkered down with all my favorite foods, and the IPA, and am enjoying some serious couch time and refueling.

Hey, I just finished a bottle (or two) of that! Good stuff! Great minds...

Yeah, the dogs don't go longer than a mile in this heat, usually only 1/2 mile and they're panting pretty hard even then.

Misery loves company and we (almost all of us) seem to be struggling with the heat.

The heat followed me to NYC Sunday, but I got I got in a good 18.5 miler with 12@ race pace. Earlier I had watched the leaders of the NYC Half Marathon (including Paula Radcliffe) run through Times Square, which was pretty motivating! It was 88° when I finished up but I had a lot better time than last week's meltdown.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016