2000Km-1243 mile club

Greetings (Read 268 times)

Hey all, I've been beat down by the 1500 mile bunny Black eye, but I'm ready to embrace the metric system and give it shot here...I'm not too far behind! Steve

2014 - Get 5k back under 20:00.  Stay healthy!

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hey, Steve, you're my "neighbor" on the chart! We can do it! I started out in the 1000 km club, moved up to the 1000 mile club, and now I think I might have a chance at 2000 km. Hard to believe, from a former couch potato. Good luck!
      Dutchie42

Welcome Steve, I'm sure you ccan beat the bunny here!

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

A Saucy Wench

Welcome!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Thanks guys, the 1500 mile bunny will get what's coming, just not this year. I broke 1000 miles last year for the first time by whooping that Bunny. Unfortunately, I broke my collar bone while celebrating Shocked(just kidding about celebrating - I did break it though). Been struggling to get into a groove ever since. The warm south carolina weather should get me going (I run early in the darkness most weekdays). Steve

2014 - Get 5k back under 20:00.  Stay healthy!

I am in the same boat. 1500 Miles was just too much for 2008. I did it last year but now I have changed my focus from running to TRI. The time spent on the bike and in the pool eats of the running efforts. So now I am back in the metric system and hopefully I can reach that goal without going bunnynuts! Cheers Arne
              Goals 2008 1: BQ/PB <3:30:59 done feb 17th bq 3:27 2: half ironman done aug 10 3: 2 or more m. done feb 17th and boston april 22. 4: sprint tri done july 5 goals 2009 1: the norseman done="" feb="" 17th="" bq="" 3:27="" 2:="" half="" ironman="" done="" aug="" 10="" 3:="" 2="" or="" more="" m.="" done="" feb="" 17th="" and="" boston="" april="" 22.="" 4:="" sprint="" tri="" done="" july="" 5="" goals="" 2009="" 1:="" the=""></3:30:59 done feb 17th bq 3:27 2: half ironman done aug 10 3: 2 or more m. done feb 17th and boston april 22. 4: sprint tri done july 5 goals 2009 1: the norseman>

Imminent Catastrophe

Well,I'm way behind the dreaded rodent, and will have to get going to catch it. It doesn't matter though, we won't expel anyone for not doing it, and it's a nice bunch in here. Welcome!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

A Saucy Wench

kill da' (slightly smaller) wabbit, kill da' wabbit, kill da waaaaaaabit.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jdmcgregor

All business

Welcome Steve! The 2000km is a great group of folks, friendly and helpful, so feel free to chime in anytime.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

Dog-Love

Hi there Steve...I can't get get away from the back end of this bunny, but its definitely a great group. Welcome.
                      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                      C-R

Welcome to a good group Steve. Run down that little fur ball. He's not fast - only consistent so he can be tracked and passed.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Hello All - I think I too am ready for the step between 1,000 and 1,500 miles. With a little kick from marathon training I should be able to catch, and stay ahead of the rabbit. I hope it's not considered a wimpy fallback position to be part of the 1000 Mile group as well Wink
                          2010 Goals: Danbury Half Marathon: <1:42:00; boston="" run="" to="" remember:=""></1:42:00;><1:42:00; nyc="" marathon:=""></1:42:00;><3:45:00; finish: run amuck and warrior dash! finish:="" run="" amuck="" and="" warrior=""></3:45:00; finish: run amuck and warrior dash!>

...---...

Hello All - I hope it's not considered a wimpy fallback position to be part of the 1000 Mile group as well Wink
                            Nope, not at all. Actually, I'm considering starting a 100 mile group (not really) so that I can view my own conquest of not just beating the bunny, but trouncing it to oblivion. Big grin

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

PS Steve J, I think we're neighbors.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12