2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in for 01/12-1/18 (Read 388 times)

Gig

The darkness stinks. Last night, I ran before karate class. I was supposed to do 8 or 10 miles, but I only did 3.5 because my throat hurt a little from the cold air, and my left calf was tight, and a few other whiny little things that normally wouldn't stop me, except that I was also bored. I usually run in a nearby neighborhood while DD has her class, and it's a one-mile loop. I do that because it's the best lighting available. Usually, it's fine, but last night I had enough nagging things going on that I just didn't feel like going any further. At least I had a good karate class. The Golden Gate Bridge is definitely on my long-term to-do list.

...---...

5.2 COLD miles tonight after work. As a matter of fact, the last time I ran and felt this cold was last March...on the Golden Gate Bridge. Still, an awesome run - the bridge, not tonight Big grin

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Yeah, cold. It's 15° now and still getting colder. And this is Georgia. Been doing the treadmill the last few days, 3 today. Daisy loves it, she gets a chewy for each mile that I run (personal trainer costs). That's our contract.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Imminent Catastrophe

5°F here this morning. Crabby, you can quit sending us your cold air now!Tongue

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

anneb

Serioulsy! I made it to the gym this morning before work, and my car said it was -17. Roll eyes

Anne

I thought I had it bad here today in VA with 25F. I managed 6 miles today. The first mile was a little tough into the wind and not warmed up yet, but the rest was not too bad.

Dog-Love

5°F here this morning. Crabby, you can quit sending us your cold air now!Tongue
                Its warmed up to 44 up here which is making the past 36 inches of snow hugely messy! I can't run this week anyway because I am sick (caught a cold in Boston) and I really want Gig to get a good head start before I start obsessively running again.
                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                Dutchie42

Tough run. Legs were still tired. Glad Spike was along so I could have legitimate breaks very often Wink Spike of course had to run thru the only muddy bit there was along our route, sigh. With my tired legs and Spike's sniff&diggs, it took us 55 minutes to cover 6.5K Shocked

Dutchie
                  Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

With my tired legs and Spike's sniff&diggs, it took us 55 minutes to cover 6.5K [
                    Sounds like a healthy, not so slow, pace to me. That Spike cracks me up with his love of mud. I know it's a pain cleaning up muddy dogs but makes for great reading Big grin MTA: moving long run to Sunday because of the cold my Clemson Tigers are playing Wake Forest today and I don't want to miss the game. I'll get in a 5 K or something for sure though. MTA2: running long today after all. Would rather run cold and sunny than cold and rainy. Screw the game Wink MTA3: 11 miles. Cold and windy...11 was all I could muster.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Long run today, on the TM. For several reasons: 1) something going on with my tummy and thought it best to have a bathroom at hand 2) still worried that the longer the distance I'm running, the more of a chance my foot might flare up and it's easier to step off the TM 3) I've already done 2 runs outside this week, again keeping my foot in mind 4) weather is not so nice 5) at least I have everything at hand on the TM Had 15K planned, but the music drove me on. So 16K it was. Felt great! And only 5 minutes slower than my PR on that distance. Guess I ran it too fast. But it felt good! Surprisingly great run Big grin And my legs feel fine, not really tired. So that's a good sign.

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Shy still haven't caught that darn bunny! No fair.

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

Nasty weather here--snow, sleet then ice. 6 more on the mill.

...---...

Snow flurries and sleet subsided here - Hobbes and I did a recovery pace 4-ish miles.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12