2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in for 01/12-1/18 (Read 388 times)

Dutchie42

Just getting us started. New week people! Make it a good one! Rest day for me Big grin ETA: Trey, you almost caught the bunny. Think I dropped of the page again.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

ETA: Trey, you almost caught the bunny.
      Yesterday, I was ahead of that little bugger. Rest day today - after my long run this weekend, the bunny will be toast for a while - (no injuries, no injuries, no injuries)

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Jill_B

I fly.

My treadmill survived and so I had a good week. I'm hoping to continue and have another good week. I'd even like to do a long run this weekend *gasp* OUTSIDE *gasp*. Fingers crossed.

Bring it on.

anneb

First time checking in here... last week was a good one, will probably cut back a little this week. It doesn't look great for getting outside here either, at least not until *maybe* the weekend... more snow this week and then temps are falling with lots of wind. Wonderful. Dead

Anne

Dutchie42

Did endurance UB first, incl. abs. then hopped on the TM for a run, which wasn't going well at first. R-calf was tightening up and I had to stop every 2 minutes or so to stretch it. Mentally I wasn't doing well either. I wanted to stop but.... that bunny is running every day and I don't want to get too far behind. So I waddled on, struggling all the way. The music I ran on wasn't helping me any either. Suddenly I heard the Kwai March playing, my feet got in sync with the beat and I caught myself smiling. I turned up the volume and ran. I played that song twice. Wanted to stop but.... what's that...Aquarius? Like that one too, and ofcourse I'm not Singing in the Rain but on the TM. I'm almost at 7K so I can stop now. Ehh, not with Indiana Jones running at my tail. I had this visual of the big ball rolling behind me. By now I was running at 10k/h to stay with the beat. Then Darth Vader came along too: Star Wars. Volume went really up now. I finished at 7.75K cause I don't like the last song Call Me very much. Incredible how much difference a song makes Big grin Trey: no injuries for any of us this year! Jill: you don't run outside cause of the weather? Anne: no snow here. Just slippery ice. But temp's going up so hopefully the ice will be gone soon.

Dutchie

31 Degrees this morning in the Upstate of South Carolina - knocked out 5 miles, but still suffering from slow start for the year. Going to have lows in the teens by Friday. Going to be a really cold week - anyone here from Minn? I heard they hit -38 this morningShocked Good Luck everyone. Steve

2014 - Get 5k back under 20:00.  Stay healthy!

...---...

31 Degrees this morning in the Upstate of South Carolina - Going to be a really cold week Steve
                Awesome - a homeboy. Yeah - saw our forecast this morning for the rest of the week. Geez. At least it shouldn't rain. You doing Run Downtown in a couple weeks? Hope to get in 5 or 6 after work. Trey

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Jill_B

I fly.

I don't run outside because I have 2 kids. Actually, I have a running stroller, so I do run outside during the weeks sometimes, but usually it's easier to just hop on the treadmill. On the weekends I usually run outside and leave the kids with my husband, but not always.

Bring it on.

...---...

6 miles roller coaster route. ITBS didn't bother me at all. Left leg feeling shin splinty though, not too bad but crappy none-the-less. Perfesser - how's the Phoenix trip looking? AEB - welcome to the board, great hearing from you (I guess I'm the self appointed welcome wagon today). Anyway, yeah you're gonna get pounded with snow...according to the weather channel.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

I'm getting back into my running routine after a week off due to back spasms/pain. My back is still sore but running seems to be actually reducing the pain and stiffness. I'm weening myself off the TM and back onto the road as long as the snow and ice stay away.

I run for Fried Chicken!

Ran intervals really for the first time today. Ran 8x400, felt great. Going to be a short week for me, going up to SF for the weekend, don't think I'll get a chance to run up there. Also, I have the book The Extra Mile by Pam Reed. http://www.amazon.com/Extra-Mile-Personal-Ultra-Running-Greatness/dp/1594864152 Read it sometime last year, it was an okay book. Was going to donate it to the library. Figured I would give you all first dibs on it. Anyone want it? I'll even pay shipping, just say the word. Modified to link the URL.
                          I had an interval run yesterday. I really don't like doing intervals on the TM because it's hard to tell the ramp up and down and all that kind of stuff. My Garmin keeps track so much better. But getting off work at 5 PM it's impossible to get an outside run in this early in the season. I'm thinking that we will have daylight until about 6 PM starting as early as next week. Anyway I ended up doing 7.5 miles yesterday on the TM and it was alright. I was happy to see that the new years resolution folks were absent so that made things much quieter.

...---...

I'm with you Heffa - I am totally ready for longer days. Knocked out a faster than normal 3.8 miles around the neighborhood. Wind was kicking up a little so I did the head wind part first. MTA: Aaron - you should try to run the Golden Gate Bridge. Wish I were going with you. Awesome city.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

MTA: Aaron - you should try to run the Golden Gate Bridge. Wish I were going with you. Awesome city.
                              Yep. That's one of the great runs that everyone should do if they get the opportunity.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Took the car to the shop for the annual check and ran home with Spooky, making a detour, cause the plan called for a 10K. My butt was killing me, and my legs were really really tired. Guess doing a LB w/o I hadn't done in at least a year and my first self defense class in 5 months was a bit much yeasterday. I took several walk breaks. I needed them! And manaed 9.5K running slower than a sedated snail. I didn't bother running the last 500 meters. I was just glad I made it. R-foot is still OK.

Dutchie