2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check in 16 March-22 March (Read 370 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Sorry about that Trey, I know how frustrating it is to be in SFO and miss the run you were planning on. It'll get better. Another nice run in Charleston across the Cooper River Bridge, this time with a nice view of Charleston, the USS Yorktown and Fort Sumter (the US Civil War started there). A good hard tempo run at a good pace, even on the climb up the bridge. Then beer and pizza. Mmmmmm...beer and pizza.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

I almost killed myself today trying to PR on the 10K. I didn't die, but I did PR: 28 sept - 10K - 1:05:50 22 March - 10 K - 58:04, my net time would be like 15 seconds or so faster. (5K at 29:01, zo though it felt like I slowed down in the second half, I didn't really). Passed 3 runners in the last 50 meters before the finish. They didn't expect it Wink Guess all the hard work and crazy tread mill running since 1 January paid off.

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

PR! Congrats Dutchie! Cool

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

anneb

Congrats on the PR!

Anne

Imminent Catastrophe

Another nice run with the dogs on a dirt/gravel forest road that runs along Noontootla Creek. It climbs about 1300 ft in 4 miles and crosses the Appalachian Trail near the turnaround. We took the dogs and Daisy found a squashed, dead opossum and before we could reach her, rolled in it, all over. BAD DOG! Angry Good hillwork on this route and it will be a good training run for Deadwood. 7.8 miles.

Great run Dutchie! You are just shaving time off your 10k like crazy.

Imminent Catastrophe

Just had a fantastic lunchtime run on a 63 degree sunny day -- spring has sprung! I work in downtown SF, so did the run from the gym near my office -- I didn't have my Garmin, but did a public map here for distance. It can be inspiration for those of you coming out to SF for the marathon this summer. (I find it amusing that the satellite that took the Google Maps images in downtown SF caught a Giants game in progress. Can't see the score, though Big grin)
                Hey Anne (or anyone else that knows), I may be getting to S.F. in a week or two, and would like to run the GG Bridge. I'd like to make it a little longer but I've never been north of the visitors center on the north end. How do I get from there to some of the trails in the Headlands? Is there pedestrian access to get across the freeway to the trails? Thanks!

...---...

Hey Anne (or anyone else that knows), I may be getting to S.F. in a week or two, and would like to run the GG Bridge. I'd like to make it a little longer but I've never been north of the visitors center on the north end. How do I get from there to some of the trails in the Headlands? Is there pedestrian access to get across the freeway to the trails? Thanks!
                  When I went up last time to take photos, I didn't see hikers but there were a ton of cyclists riding up the mountain. Once you get up there, however, there are a number of trails that take you along the opposite hillside of the GGB. There are a number of shots I took from "up there" if this is the view you're looking for (see photos DSC01519, Bird of Prey, GGB (2 of them same title): http://www.flickr.com/photos/treylominack/ I'll dig around and try to find the road you take up there (unless Anne or others beat me to it).

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12