2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check-In for 11/10-11/16 (Read 319 times)

Dutchie42

Noone started the new thread yet Shocked Shame on you! No run today, or any other w/o. To busy playing with the new kitty Big grin Had a car accident. Another male moron rear-ended me. I've had so many accidents, all male drivers, always their fault. This time I was waiting at a round-a-bout to see when I could drive on. The guy assumed I would just do that. Arghhhh. He's got a lease car, so he's got a new car tomorrow, I have to get mine to the shop and be without a car for days! Maybe even a full week! And then the paper work, arghhhhhh.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

I run for Fried Chicken!

Sorry to hear about the accident Dutchie, hope you're okay. It's been a bad weekend for cars, my wife had a flat on Saturday and her car got hit last night when it was parked on the street. It's a small dent but they didn't leave a note. People suck! Angry I'm finally running again and I'm happy. Hip flexor is feeling good, all the stretches I've been doing have been helping alot. I'm still scared to run too fast or long so I think it'll be a low mileage week but it'll get me back in the swing of things.

Imminent Catastrophe

Sounds like you're unhurt, and that's a good thing! We have a roundabout here in my little town. Roundabouts are quite rare here in the USA and people just don't know what they're supposed to do.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

Dutchie - darn men drivers! Glad you're okay for sure. Awesome 2 miles with Hobbes. Only little tight on the left side. Everything else felt almost normal for a change. Wanted to go more, faster...but listened to reason and called it a day.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

No running for me. The accident aggrevated the "left-over" problems from the severe whiplash I had 8 years ago. Never fully recovered from that (about 90%). I'm not looking for any more health problems so I'm taking it easy. This morning the headache is much better and my neck isn't so sore anymore (think the two are related). Car repair is probably gonna be way more expensive then it's worth to the insurance company. They're also not accepting the repair price so they're sending an expert first, then they'll let me know. The whole process will take about 3 weeks(!) That's a lot of bad weather biking! Major stuff going on at work too. Was in the office yesterday till 8PM. In bed by 9h30PM. Guess you can tell what my life looks like right now Sad

Dutchie

...---...

Stinks your insurance won't cover a rental. MTA later - awesome easy 5K. No pain.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Gig

I've been in a couple of accidents. My first thought is "am I okay," followed immediately by "Oh shit. I have to deal with the insurance company." Sucks about the car, but I'm glad you're okay. I'm in full taper mode, and enjoying it. I'm trying to break in my new NB 859s, and I even let them upsell me into a pair of inserts. I don't mind the inserts. I don't love the shoes. I'm not going to wear them enough until after my marathon on November 22. I'm going to try my (comparatively short) long run in my Brooks T4 Racers. I've never run anywhere but on a track with them, but if it goes well Saturday, I'll wear them for the marathon. Otherwise, I'll go back to my Addictions. What a time for a shoe crisis! (That being my biggest dilemma these days, life is good.) Smile

...---...

I'm in full taper mode, and enjoying it.
                  I hear ya. Taper is awesome. I went ahead and registered for the ING Georgia marathon. I'm a sucker for discount on fees. Hope everyone is having a great week. MTA - let me know how the Brooks wear...I'v been curious about those.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

I run for Fried Chicken!

First run in almost a month that was completely pain free for me. I'm planning on doing a couple shorter runs this weekend and then ramp back up next week to my normal mileage.
                    Dutchie42

Aaron: congrats on pain free running! Trey: how's your ITB? Anyone else injured or sick? No running this week so far. My neighbour (a registered nurse) advised me Wed to go see my GP cause she suspected a mild concussion. Well, don't need to see a doctor for that, now do I? All he'll tell me is to take plenty of rest and a painkiller for the headache. I can do that by myself. But I did think no running (high impact activities) was and is the the sensible thing to do till the headache is gone.

Dutchie

Gig

On Wednesday night at karate class, I took a knee to the thigh. My marathon is a week from tomorrow, and I have a hunch that I'll be feeling the thigh bruise after the first few miles. Tomorrow I'll do nine miles and see how it feels. I hope I'm wrong!

Top 'O the World!

uuuhhmmm, sick & injured? Blush minorly! & swamped w/Fall chores!! had been 'dealing with' left foot injury since mid-summer...not sharp pain, just bruised/annoying & numb toes... don't want to sound like a whiner, kept changing shoes, icing foot, running (funny stride+limp) on it anyway...3 wks out from marathon, running chronically on cambered surface this way, rght hip started getting "wonky" Roll eyes reeeally sure this is compensatory due to gait 'adjustment'.....took a deeper taper (more rest days than scheduled) & lft foot & rght hip both much subdued morning of race.....during marathon, also had right ankle lock up (like a stuck joint?) & later lotsa swelling & pain (suspected/feared some kinda stress fracture) 4 days of rest/ice/vit I later am able to run a few miles - just stiff & ungainly....two wks later - still stiff & ungainly!! soooo, backing off even more for a coupla wks to see if that helps.... oh, the "sick" part (other than mental) think I got a bad Starbucks on Tues, = TMI: 24 hr intestinal flush Dead all better now, 17* & snowing hard! Roll eyes laters
                          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

...---...

Trey: how's your ITB?
                            Still bothers me a little. I'll have to stay on top of it. I haven't really tested it through distance yet but don't plan to for a little while yet. Cow face does sem to give me the best overall stretch for ITB and glutes etc.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

On Wednesday night at karate class, I took a knee to the thigh.
                              Gig: you'll be fine. I had one of those during KM when the guy was supposed to be hitting a nice cushy pad that I was holding up. It was sore to the touch but didn't bother me while running.
                              oh, the "sick" part (other than mental) think I got a bad Starbucks on Tues, = TMI
                              Mtnchk1: LOL, glad you're doing better Smile

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

Aaron: congrats on pain free running! Trey: how's your ITB? Anyone else injured or sick?
                                Sounds like the 2k group is generally on the mend. Gig, I did that once, but I threw a kick and hit the guy's knee with my shin. Ouch! My whole lower leg turned black and swelled up. No fun. RICE! Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. No run today but I got a botox shot in my spastic foot. Finding the right location is tricky but I think the doc got it right this time, I'll know in a week or so.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016