2000Km-1243 mile club

January 2014 (Read 21 times)

HappyFeat

Congratulations on a great running week, Teresa! and you too Ayola!

Hey Teresa - nothing at all wrong with walking breaks.  Have you checked out Jeff Galloway's website?

http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/run-walk/

A (much faster)  friend of mine who has run a few dozen marathons says one of her fastest was with a buddy who insisted on the run/walk strategy!

I took a few walk breaks today in my LR...helped me refocus when I was getting tired and sore...I wasn't any faster, but certainly felt better for it.

When I run with DH (who is only sporadic about it), we often walk one minute of every mile.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Imminent Catastrophe

So after I ran 100 miles in 23 hours a couple of weeks ago I thought this 100k would be doable. The problem is, that 100 miles was on a flat course and this 100k was on trails, not too hilly but lots of roots and constant up and down, right and left, and total concentration on the foot plant, unlike the level track at ATY. It's a LOT more work on the legs, which accumulated and became apparent about halfway through. By the last 10 miles my legs were totally dead and it was dreadful. Plus, it was really cold and since I was moving slower I got really chilled.

Bottom line, trailrunning is generally about 1.5 times harder than road running.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

PerfesserR: This is your mom talking: Make notes as you go along from now on, such as: "X amount of recovery time after a 100-miler" and  "no ultras within 2 weeks of each other."  You're not SuperMan after all; but you are an Extraordinary Ultrarunner!  I'm glad you got it done, but don't do that again. Got it? Now take some time to recover.  I care and want you to be able to keep doing what you love with a sound mind and body.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Imminent Catastrophe

Thanks Mom! 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016