2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check in 22-28 June (Read 360 times)

Dutchie42

Another not so easy 7K run this morning. Guess I don't run well on egg rolls either  Very humid too this morning, but when I took Spike out for a walk the wind had picked up considerable and it felt much cooler. I guess the thunderstorm they've predicted is on its way.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Thursday was 2.6 on the treadmill followed by 2 softball games in 90º weather.  Friday was scheduled rest day and today was an 8 miler.  We should get a slight break from the heat next week.  Maybe it will hold through the 4th and I can break 27 for a 5K (on the 4th attempt).

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

...---...

Brutal run Sat night - was feeling rough this morning so I postponed my run until this evening. Humidity was off the charts following an early evening T'Storm. Around mile 9, I started feeling a little nauseous which subsided with walk breaks. So, I headed for home and finished with 10.3 out of a planned 13.

Temp at the end of the run was 85 @9:30 PM. The heat didn't bother me this much last year. Humidity is far higher this season...maybe that's it?

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

12 miles today.  It was a little warm but not unpleasant.  I'm still struggling to get back into race shape so I wasn't particularly happy with my pace, but it was faster than recent long runs so I guess I'll take it.

Here is a picture of my trophy from the trail run I did this week.  I might be addicted to this trail racing thing already.  It was a lot of fun and I just love the trophy.

Dutchie42

Heffa: LOVE that trophy. That's sooo cute!

Put in my long run already: 20.635 kilometers. Still humid, but not as bad as yesterday. I feel great. Never went out this early for a long run before, but it's such a great feeling to have the whole day ahead of me.

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

Awesome trophy Heff.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Imminent Catastrophe

Horrbile 7-miler today. I just had no energy at all, it was so hot, ugh. And that after a rest day. Oh well.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

Mental health day today. Just relaxed, took the dogs to the dog park; my achy legs needed a break anyway.

Russ - I hear you. The heat has been zapping me lately. I hope this "cold front" coming through will usher in some dryer air. Big week upcoming for me - got a 20 miler due on Sunday. I'm planning on getting up really early (4 AM) and start running by 6 AM as a dress rehearsal. 

MTA: cool rock Heff. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12