2000Km-1243 mile club

May Days (Read 435 times)

Great photos!

I'm benched this week with a bad cold. I've been doing light workouts and working at home outside of a couple of in office meetings (luckily I'm only a 10-15 minute walk away) I'm hoping to not lose to much fitness before next Sunday. I'll try to sneak a run in if the coughing lets up - doctor's appointment Monday morning.

On a happier note I tried out new Nike Pegasus for a short treadmill run. They are comfortable but super squishy, I did notice that I had no minor aches n pains afterwards, perhaps they will be my long run shoe over the summer. I also noticed the Mizuno Rider 14s weren't getting great reviews, so this may be the right choice for now. Really I'd like something in between the Pegasus and the Frees but with a great high arch Mizuno fit.

A

Recalculating...

5 miles along 30A on the Florida panhandle (that's the southern US coastline for our Dutch and New Zealander (Zealandites? Zealandians? Kiwi?) friends).  We're here a month earlier than usual and the weather is much more suited for running.  It was cool and crisp this morning. Looking forward to a solid week of easy running, lounging on the beach, fresh seafood, just enough drinking and time with the wife.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

HappyFeat

6 miles tonight, with the last 2 almost at 10 mpm.  I was sleepy before I headed out; then felt out of breath at what I thought was an easy pace, then felt starving for the last 20 minutes or so. Jeez! Not a very smooth run at all.

Dutchie: Very nice LR you had yesterdayBig grin

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Dutchie42

Thanks Happy, it certainly was Smile Did you run before dinner that you were hungry?

drPhibes: sounds like heaven, I could use a week like that.

Perfesser: nice pics! And you did really well too.

Ayola: take care of your cold. Hope you feel better soon.

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

HappyFeat

Yes, I always run before dinner, Dutchie; but I usually eat something around 4 or 5 pm to hold me over. Today I had yogurt with protein powder at 4:30; so I shouldn't have been so hungry.  I think I'm in some kind of phase the last month or so. My appetite has increased, I haven't been denying myself either - have gained 5 lbs to prove itAngry. Seems I've created a monster that demands to be fed. I think I need to go on a diet and "shrink my stomach" to get this under control. 

I'm sorry you're sick Ayola. (((Feel better soon!)))

Imminent Catastrophe

Well, no running for a few days now but hiking up and down around Inca temples at 13,000 ft is a pretty good workout!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

Well, no running for a few days now but hiking up and down around Inca temples at 13,000 ft is a pretty good workout!

Very good exercise! How's the weather?

Ran 8 miles tonight...thought it would be easier since I skipped last night. It wasn't. I probably ran the 2nd and 3rd miles too fast, but my lower legs feel very stressed (tight AT and calves, everything else painful to touch)  which worries me with the Rhody Run 12K this Sunday. I'm hoping it will be a measure of my progress, although I can't imagine doing as well as I did last year...still don't even know how I did that.

How's your cold, Ayola? Are you feeling any better?

Mostly just lurking for me.  It's been hard to get in 2 runs a week on my schedule.  Just 2 more weeks and I'll be back to regular schedule!

Great job on the 100 Russ!  Enjoy your time off, you earned it.

Still coughing up a storm here, hard to sleep through the night...oh well, at least it looks like the endless rain is going to break. Most of my energy is going towards the office these days, also the in-laws are showing up tomorrow - which in my case is pretty great.

I've been doing some test runs this week. Legs feel super great (rest works wonders) but it looks like I probably have the lungs for 10K only so I'll downgrade my registration. I'm trying to think positive about this weekend and trying to pin down my goal race in October (I think the PEI half marathon looks very good) Keep sending the good vibes.

Jeff - hope that work schedule eases up!

A

Recalculating...

Imminent Catastrophe

I finally got a little run in, A few laps around the beautiful Plaza de Armas in Cusco (this was the center of the Inca Empire). I really felt the elevation (11,200 ft) and hills. Got a few Gringo Loco looks too. Nice run!

I just had to post my little hike, it was awesome:

BTW the bus ride up and down that narrow, windy road down to Aguas Calientes is frightening!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Loves the outdoors

I finally got a little run in, A few laps around the beautiful Plaza de Armas in Cusco (this was the center of the Inca Empire). I really felt the elevation (11,200 ft) and hills. Got a few Gringo Loco looks too. Nice run!

I just had to post my little hike, it was awesome:

BTW the bus ride up and down that narrow, windy road down to Aguas Calientes is frightening!

What a great place to be running! I am jealous although I imagine 1 mile at that altitude was hard work. My husband and I were in Cusco for the millenium and it was an amazing experience. I would love to go back and take our kids.

I had a great run today. It was one of those runs where I slowly got quicker. I have been feeling a bit negative so it was time for a good one!

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

Finished sulking after the marathon, but sort of stuck in limbo. Thinking about doing the Hawke's Bay Marathon in September, but entries not open yet. Entries open for the Tarawera Ultra open next month, will probably sign up for the 60km as my first Ultra...but that isn't till March.  Might be time to look at some halfs.

Tried a slow 9km on Saturday - 45s slower per km than my normal pace, found it really hard to keep the pace down.  Then today felt really good, sun out, not too hot, so did 17km at faster than average pace.  So basically just mucking around Smile

Have had a phlegmy cough all week, but starting to get over it now.  Hope you get better soon Ayola

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

5 miles along 30A on the Florida panhandle (that's the southern US coastline for our Dutch and New Zealander (Zealandites? Zealandians? Kiwi?) friends).  We're here a month earlier than usual and the weather is much more suited for running.  It was cool and crisp this morning. Looking forward to a solid week of easy running, lounging on the beach, fresh seafood, just enough drinking and time with the wife.

Hmm, if we were to be called Zealandites etc we might be confused with the Dutch Zeelandites. And a kiwi is either a small brown flightless bird or a small brown furry fruit.  We need to find a name to call ourselves - any other suggestions Smile

Anyway, lounging on the beach, seafood, drinking and time with the wife sounds like heaven...enjoy

Goals 2016

Do stuff

HappyFeat

Today's Rhody Run 12K was great fun! I love the course. It's a short steep hill and then a mile-long not-as-steep hill after that, followed by rolling hills. It was my second time doing this event and I improved my time over last year by about 5 minutes - probably because I didn't walk up the all-uphill third mile this time. My average pace was 9:20 mpm, but alot of it is downhill. Last year, I averaged 9:50 mpm. So I've improved my fitness some, but I don't know what my time would be if it was flat - slower I'm sure.

I was 11 out of 116 age group placement, 563 out of 2279 overall, 207 out of 1340 total females

I know I'm relatively slow, but these numbers make me feel fastericon_sunny.gif 

The temp was 50 and overcast, but still by the last two miles, I felt like I was overheating. There was a photographer I didn't see til I was just past him right about when I thought my head would explode about a half mile from the end. Hopefully that won't be the only "action photo" taken of me. I drank all my Heed and ate a couple Shot blocks for the caffeine.

Somehow I gave myself a stomache ache that feels like a sidestitch  (on my right side below my ribcage) at home this morning before the race while doing some yoga stretches after having a cup of coffee!  I have no idea what I did - twisted something somehow - anyway it only hurts when I take a deep breath. As you can imagine, that hampered me somewhat during the run, but I tried to ignore it. Now at 6:00, it is finally diminishing.

Afterward I ran into a younger gal I met a few months ago who had just started running then - and now she can run over 7 miles! It's amazing really. We were able to exchange phone numbers and will probably do a 4-miler together next week. I'm so pleased about that because I liked her right off when I met her, but never saw her again.

Hope everyone else had a great day too!

Well done HappyFeat.  A 5 minute improvement is an awesome effort

Goals 2016

Do stuff