2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly mileage check-in week of 21 April (Read 320 times)

Dutchie42

Just getting us started folks. No workout to report yet. Have another PT appointment at 6PM will see after that, though I only have a 3.5K recovery run planned, and a swim class.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dog-Love

Well I just joined this group because I think I can run over 1000 miles. So yesterday was a slackin day and today I had a beautiful 7.5 mile run. Only jogbras and running shorts. First time in 6 months that the sun was out and above 30 degrees. It almost hit 50. Tomorrow intervals and Wednesday lite. Friday probably 5-8. Traveling so running may be challenging
      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

A Saucy Wench

6.6 miles total with 5x840 intervals on 420m recovery. Why 840 and not 800 m's you may ask? Because the inner 3 lanes of the track were flooded ...so lane 4 it is. Sheesh...I can barely get my 800's down to my 10K pace. If this continues I am soon going to be running marathons faster than 5K's. Dead

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

...---...

a little better than 4 mi on Monday - tough one, though. The down hills were against the wind (or so it seemed) and the uphills were taxing on my hammies because my pace was faster than it needed to be. Everytime I looked down at my garmin, my pace was way faster than i would have normally tried...i guess my mind was wandering alot...the new job and all. Anyway, my neighborhood buds will do a group run after work today which will be a nice change. Hobbes will be jealous, though. Crabby: even if you don't run the 1000+ mi - this group wont care. It's a really good group of folks. I mean, I know I wont hit that this year...but it's a goal i aspire to. Hope everyone is having a great week.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

No workout to report. L-knee is tender. Figured I'd do a short run on the TM, but the washing machine isn't pumping water out so now I have to fix that first (I hope I can....). In the worst case I'll have two rest days in a row. And five running days in a row. Crabby: welcome to the group. It's OK if you don't make the 2000. It's more important to post and entertain us Wink Trey: how's the new job? Got you busy even when you're running? I'm supervising (sort of) 5 secretaries and trouble has started. Stick 6 women together and they'll start using their catty claws. Ennay: wish I was that fast. Maybe I should focus more on speed training. However, I find that a bit difficult to do running with (a) dog(s). ETA: read posts and respond.

Dutchie

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Sunday - 6.4 miles Monday - 4.3 miles Tuesday - 9.6 miles - a PR for me!! Boy, it was hard. I have a long ways to go until I'm ready for my HM.
              Dutchie42

Teresa: you ran 6 days straight! Cool. You'll get there. When is your half mary?

Dutchie

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks, Dutchie. The HM isn't until the end of September, so I still have 5 months.

A Saucy Wench

Ennay: wish I was that fast. Maybe I should focus more on speed training. However, I find that a bit difficult to do running with (a) dog(s). ETA: read posts and respond.
                    Focus on distance...if you look at my log, I speed train once in a blue moon. This is the first track day since late february I think? Rest that knee Dutchie!!! Welcome Crabby! (by the way, your new avatar is a wee bit ...gross Big grin Heck Teresa...there are a lot of training plans that dont get you past 10 miles for HM....you are golden!

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

...---...

Trey: how's the new job? Got you busy even when you're running? I'm supervising (sort of) 5 secretaries and trouble has started. Stick 6 women together and they'll start using their catty claws.
                      Job is going okay...still adjusting to a completely different industry. Regarding the kitty claws when a group of women gather at work...it's not much better with a bunch of all-male computer geeks Smile

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

I have a long ways to go until I'm ready for my HM.
                        73% of the way there...not so far me thinks.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Well I just joined this group because I think I can run over 1000 miles. So yesterday was a slackin day and today I had a beautiful 7.5 mile run. Only jogbras and running shorts. First time in 6 months that the sun was out and above 30 degrees. It almost hit 50. ...
                          Welcome Crabby! I probably won't make 2k at the rate I'm going but it's a nice group. BTW I'm impressed that you can get in any good mileage with the weather you have to deal with (and wolves, but that's another subject Big grin)

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

dork.major dork.

A little over 3 yesterday, faster than I meant to. A little more than 5 today at a nice "good morning" slow speed. I have a little deal with myself that if I hit 100 miles this month I get to buy a running skirt. Big grin Even so, I'm backpacking this weekend, so getting in that running mileage will be a trick and a half. Crabby: Welcome! Dutchie: Take good care of the knee! Trey: You seem to be coming back from your illness pretty quickly, nice job. Teresa: I wasn't running 10 miles until sometime in August and my half was in October, so I'm sure you'll be fine. And I wouldn't be surprised if you toasted that 5k PR anyway. Ennay: So, I looked at your log. You are amazingly consistent! Nice work!

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Ringmaster

Hey, everyone, sorry for my absence of late. Until this week I've been fairly consistent with my running, just not reporting it--oops! Dutchie--read about your creepy experience. Reminded me that I still have to get my RoadID and some kind of personal alarm--I don't trust mace. I want some kind of really loud piercing scream that I can set off in a split second when I have to run alone. I did a five miler that I finished right after dark last week (b/c I had to walk a little--more on that later) and I didn't like the feeling of being alone out there in puddles of darkness between street lights. It wasn't for long, and I was always in the middle of a residential neighborhood, but it wasn't my comfort zone. Here's to quick recovery for your knee and continued good training for your race. Crabby--you're in Juneau, creeping above 50 degrees, and I'm in Jupiter, FL, and it's starting to close in on 90! I don't think we hit 50 but a couple of times this winter! Welcome to the group! I joined not too long ago and they're not kidding--it's a great bunch of people who are just wanting to encourage you and enjoy your company. It's fun to have a goal, though, huh? Hey--if we run 2000km, will we be close to running to each other? Ennay--with my new focus on improving my 5k time, I've been doing speedwork on Wednesdays (mostly), but I'll admit it's not my forte. Can it be that this former sprinter has actually turned into a long runner? Teresa--with 5 months to go til your HM, you will be in fantastic shape. Your commitment and perseverance will show at the start, never mind the finish line! Think of how many long runs you have to perfect your time. I didn't run 10 miles until six weeks before my half, and I beat my projected finish time by thirty minutes. You're golden, girl! Imogene, I like how you reward yourself for good mileage . . . hmmmmm. . . I need a new pair of shoes . . . Well, my training had been going fairly well. I was up to about 30, sometimes 32, miles per week. I've got (notice my positive frame of mind) a 5k on May 3 and another on May 10 to test my improvement on the new speedwork-focused training schedule. To my chagrin, I've really been feeling more pain in my knees lately. Hence my s-l-o-w five-miler the other day. Went biking on Sunday and could still feel the pain. I've also been asked by a friend to train for a marathon with her--my first (target date this winter). All these things put together made me decide to stop running until I could see an orthopedist to make sure I haven't done something to the knees before I risk hurting them further. So . . . got an appointment for tomorrow afternoon. Here's hoping it's not something dreadful! I'll report tomorrow. K

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                              Mile by Mile

A Saucy Wench

Bah..Crabby in Alaska has better weather than I do...this sucks! Although it is supposed to be nicer this weekend imogene - thanks..I will admit I could not do it if I didnt have a running partner. Most of the time I am the one who makes the plan...but she is the one who makes me STICK to it. Every cold windy rain-snowy morning I want to stay in bed and think of her shivering alone in the dark and get my ass out of bed. Vixi Du - hope your knees are good, fingers crossed. I hate speedwork. i like it when it is done, but I am now a hardcore long runner...I think the first 3 miles of every run suck. Today was a rough day and I felt icky for the first 4 miles. This is where having a running partner who happens to be having a good day helps, today she was dragging me around the block. Some days I am the rabbit, somedays I am the dog. Woof.