2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in 4-10 Jan 2010 - starting the year strong! (Read 568 times)

LOL, Lefty, fancy seeing you here. Now I can kick your butt in two places

Yeah right

PR's
    800: 2:38|1600: 5:18|3200: 11:55|3 mile:19:07

Imminent Catastrophe

I just wanted to share this. Our Georgia dogs got their first taste of snow, and I got this photo of Georgia. She's nervous to begin with, then when she had a clump of snow sticking to her nose, she was really anxious. Is that the expression of a nervous dog, or what?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

She's gorgeous, even with snow on her nose!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Dutchie42

ohhhhh, she looks sad Beautiful doggie though. I'll be getting me a dobermann when Spooky can't run long distances anymore. I'm pretty sure noone will be hiding in the bushes when I'm running with a dobermann!

Feeling much better today I'll be out running again tomorrow, trying to catch that pink monster. Or at least try to catch up with Crabby so we can run together again.

Leftylogan: you almost caught up with me!

DrPhibes: you are doing really well. In the top 3, you are.

Eric-Allen: I love that you've named a run 'disaster' in your log.

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

Breathing is sitll shallower than it should be. But I hopped on the TM nonetheless. Started running thinking that I should at least put 10 minutes in at a nice slow easy pace. And that's how it started, but it turned into a 5 kilometer run at a not so slow pace. Feeling good.

Dutchie

HappyFeat

Good to hear you're on the mend, Dutchie and able to enjoy a nice run today.

4 miles on the treadmill and it just about killed me.  Two miles in and I was bored to death and checking my progress every 15 seconds.  Hats off to you who run on them regularly.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

HappyFeat

4 miles on the treadmill and it just about killed me.  Two miles in and I was bored to death and checking my progress every 15 seconds.  Hats off to you who run on them regularly.

Have you tried listening to a podcast? like an NPR show, news, or some other topical speaker type program?  If it's something you're interested in, it can really pass the time well. 

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good to see you, leftylogan!

I'm glad you're feeling better, Dutchie.

Perfesser, thanks for sharing the photo!  She's beautiful.  As you can imagine, my collie LOVES winter!  He's so happy in the snow.

I had a boring 3.3-mile run on the Y track tonight.  But I hit 25 miles for the week, the first time I've done that since September.  It didn't feel like a stretch, either.  Only 51 more weeks to go!!    Until I start counting again, that is...

Dutchie42

DrPhibes: I listen to exercise music when I run on the treadmill. Last couple of months Cinemania1 and 2 are my favourites. Great film music set to a nice running beat (140-160bpm).

But I also have popular top 40 songs set to a fast bpm and even Queen and Abba (though they only go 140bpm so I only use them for slow long runs). And I have two cds with classical music with a fast (!) bpm. Love it!

I also have music specifically for spinning classes that have fast beats for 3 minutes and slow(er) beats for 90 seconds, with a whistle every time the speed changes.Great for intervals.

For me, being able to run to great music with a fast enough beat makes a lot of difference when I'm on the TM. Plus I play it on my stereo really loudly

Crabby: wanna come running with me today? I'm shooting for at least 12 kilometers (still recovering from that darn bronchitis).

Teresa: you're doing really well!

Dutchie

Dog-Love

Thanks for the run Dutchie but I'm sorry I couldn't keep up with you.  Couldn't finish that lat 2K.  Actually I ran a very slow 10K with my doggie who I keep thinking shouldn't run anymore but his enthusiasm for going with me prevents me from putting him in the house when I leave.  So today was a slow 10K with Rusty
                        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                        Dutchie42

Treadmills are a dangerous thing!
                          Because I'm still recovering from that darn bronchitis, I decided on 12 kilometers on the TM, instead of the planned 10 miles.
                          I divided it up in 3 sections:
                          1km@8.5K
                          1km@9K
                          1km@9.5K
                          1km@10K
                          with a walkbreak after each kilometer to recover.
                          Then repeat 2 more times.
                          After the 3rd set I ran 12.5 kilometers in total. I noticed I was close to 90 minutes and figured I'd continue @9K until I got there. But by then I wasn't that far away from 14 kilometers, so why not continue? So I did. But once I was there, I realised I could easily go for 100 minutes, which is when the display for time starts over. Thought that would be nice to do that. And when the display cleared and started over, I stopped at 15 kilometers. As I walked I was thinking that it was less then a 1000 meters to run a full 10 miles..... did I feel tired? No, not at all. Did my legs feel tired? No..... so why not do a full 10 miles? It was less then 7 minutes you know... I can easily do another 7 minutes....And off I went again @9K. Yeah... 10miles!!!
                          Treadmills are dangerous machines. They make you run farther and faster then you think you can or think you want to.

Dutchie

Today, 3 miles at the YMCA  and upper body weight training -

Yesterday 24 minutes on the elliptical (for the equivalent of 2 miles) and then 5 miles on the treadmill (still snowing here). I thought the one hour on the treadmill was my max - but because of Dutchie I've got no excuses...

Hey Teresa, are you still doing a bit of speed work? Love to know if its working out for you.

Just had a great soba noodle shrimp pancake! (TV recipe) Lots of effort but well worth it.

Have a great Sunday.

A

Recalculating...

I'm on the right

I ran way too fast on one of my treadmill runs this week....thought I was going to hurl.  I can't push myself nearly that hard outside for some reason.

I'm Eric, the guy who runs to keep his sanity.

Imminent Catastrophe

Two whole miles on the TM today, but it felt better than yesterday, less back/hip/leg pain. So that's something. It's a long way from where I'd hoped I'd be today, running the First Light Marathon, but, stuff happens.

BTW Trey, your Goofy RR is overdue, that's minus 10% per day. You're working on a B now. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016