2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check in 9 - 15 Nov (Read 292 times)

Dutchie42

Goooood Morning peeps,

No new thread yet? Nobody worked out yesterday and wanted to tell the world about it?

Yesterday I did Runerval 1.0 as is, no extra walk breaks.

Ayola: I like the Runervals. 1.0 is only 35 minutes, 2.0-4.0 are 45 min. and 5.0 is 50 min. Coach Troy sure makes you work. Plus they are very easy to modify to your own needs. Run faster or slower than he indicates, you can skip the inclines if you're not up to it. I'll be buying Runerval 6.0 as a Xmas present for myself, which is 3x30min work outs. They are pretty expensive though.

If you don't mind audio only, you could try the Itreads by Grace Lazenby. Cheaper and easily modified for outside runs.

Today:

to run or not to run, I wasn't sure if I should. At the last minute, I hopped on the TM for an easy 30 minutes, maybe 5 kilometers. I put on some music: Cinemania 2, and started running at a steady 9.0K. And I was freaking enjoying myself. Abomination! Having fun on the TM? How dare I I didn't stop at the 5K mark (33:15min). I was having fun so kept on going. After 6 kilometers I increased speed every 200 meters: 9.5K, 10K, 10.5K.... bad idea, my HR went trhough the roof and I felt a little light headed. I stopped and walked it off. Guess I'm still not fit enough for a hard run. Maybe next week...

Trey: how's the new job?

Have a great day everyone, and a most excellent workout.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

5 miles this morning.  For the first time that I can remember I opted to run farther than planned.  Even ran past the car!

Buckeye: congrats on crossing the line.  I crossed just before you (at least based on posting time), but then you blew past me.  Bodes well for your redemption run.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

I appear to be in a downward spiral.  Absolutely no good news here.  3 plus weeks of virtually no running and I am in excrutiating pain.  It seems like the more time off I take the worse it gets.  I am at a complete and utter loss for what is happening here.  What started as groin and lower abdomen pain is now migrated every place nearby.  Glutes, hamstrings, quads are all killing me.  As soon as the Tylenol wears off I am in the fetal position crying like a little baby.  Went for some NMT and I think it made it worse.  I have another appointment in a week, don't know if I am going to continue on that course or just go for an amputation below the belly button and be done with it.
        HappyFeat

Jeff, have you been to the doctor yet? What's your diagnosis?

I don't know what NMT is.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Dutchie42

Jeff, I know you don't like doctors, but I think it's time you went to see one and find out what's wrong with everything below the belly button before amputating Seriously, that much pain is not normal. You should have it checked out.

Dutchie

Thanks for the info Dutchie, I'll probably try the itreads first and put the Runervals on my Amazon wish list. I've trained my family to pick up books et al from the list for Christmas presents - no more wacko presents...

Luckily its been warn here, did 4 miles mon, 3 miles tues - today is Rememberance day so I'm taking a walk in the park with the hubby.

I totally face planted on the sidewalk at dawn on Monday, bruised  my ego, and skinned my knees - a nice guy stopped to help. A good reminder to get my road ID instead of using my old drivers license... in case of a worse accident!

A

Recalculating...

Imminent Catastrophe

I appear to be in a downward spiral...

Aw, sorry to hear about this. Dutchie is right, it may be time to see a sports doc. That's just not right.

I have this constant, not-too-bad pain in the right shin/left achilles. Last time I had this I had to stop for a couple of months to make it go away. I have a HM this weekend and will see how it goes. 

BTW you can have my right foot. I think I'd be better off with one of those springy things Wink

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dog-Love

Jeff...it's time to get some help on that one! Hope you get healed and pain free.

I have been in a running lull and have been taking some slow runs on some short trails, but that is what is working right now.  My dog Rusty is definitely not up for fast and far and this is probably the last year we run together.  Will start going more for leisurely walks.  Planning 4 on nice trails on this 34 degree day.

Hope everyone has a great week and Trey I hope the job is working out for you

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Hey guys!

I am just happy to be running these days.  My left calf has been beyond tight since my 9/26 marathon.  I am hoping for a breakthrough soon!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Imminent Catastrophe

10.9 today In Birmingham, AL. Probably the least runner-friendly town I've tried to run in. Apparently the concept of "sidewalks" is unknown here, so I ran in the road, on the embankment, through parking lots, and the like. And saw lots of pawn shops, payday-loan places, "sell your gold here" stores, liquor stores, head shops, etc. Very scenic. Not fun. The shin is still hurting but not bad enough to make me stop.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

Determined as I am to keep up with the Bunny and to my current weekly goal of 30 MPW, I am now forcing myself not to run tonight because of my right achilles started twitching last night in bed and has been twitching off and on all day.It's disturbing. I've never had that happen. It's been tight lately accompanying the PTT pain; I had to stop and stretch 3 times during last nights run just to keep going. But the sensation of twitching is new - and strange. So I iced it a few times today and am taking the night off if it kills me. It doesn't feel bad enough not to run, that's the problem.

Oh well, it's nothin' compared to ole Jeff. You've got to get a diagnosis! The suspense is killing me!

Dog-Love

I ran with some friends today and one gal only wanted to run 4 miles so I parked my car at the end of the run 1.5 miles from the start and we drove to the start of the trail in her car.  Unfortunately, I brought my car keys with me so we had to run the whole deal the last part on this busy road that we were trying to avoid.

Still slow and steady but feeling a ton better than last week.

How a bout you Jeff?

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                            Some improvement from 2 days ago.  I am off all the pain killers and I'm still able to walk, that's a good sign.  My work schedule is playing against me right now.  I'm working 6 x 12 hour days at the moment so it's hard to make any kind of appointments and even harder to get some true rest.  I think the peak of the pain was the day after NMT (neuromuscular technique which is a therapeutic massage focusing on the tendons).  I'm not sure if it is helping, but I definitely can feel it.  I have another appt on my day off and hopefully I can make the determination if it's helping or not.  My therapist says no running at all for at least another 3 weeks .
                            HappyFeat

Seriously, Jeff, you could have something internal that is causing referred pain elsewhere.The source may not even be muscular. You have to get a diagnosis! (worry worry scold scold)

Dutchie42

+1

Go see a doctor so you know what the problem is!

Dutchie