2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in April 27 - May 3 (Read 335 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Dutchie, I thought of you when I saw the report on TV. How sad! I heard the driver died from his injuries. He must have been nuts, huh? Getting ready for my 5k tomorrow morning. I'm not expecting much from it, but it should be good motivation to get back into gear!

...---...

MTA You'll get there Trey, just think, "Buena Vista, Buena Vista...". Heh.
      I'll also be thinking breakfast pizza from Boudin bakery. Mmm. Very jealous over here.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Come on Perfesser, catch me if you can. Tongue Teresa: good luck today. Run like the wind! And yeah, the guy must have been nuts, but since he died, we'll never know what on earth he was trying ot achieve. Trey: how does it feel to be running on a ship? Is it driving you crazy already? My long run today will get me within reach of that pink monster.

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

It's been a while since I ran on a ship. Maybe you were thinking of Russ? But having the nagging hip thing definitely is driving me crazy. Getting better everyday, however.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

It's been a while since I ran on a ship. Maybe you were thinking of Russ? But having the nagging hip thing definitely is driving me crazy. Getting better everyday, however.
            Oops, sorry Trey, yes I was thinking of him.... guess not Wink Did my long run today:20.92K. Was 8 minutes faster than I was 4 weeks ago, running the same distance. Still a slow runner, but I'm getting better at it Wink

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

LOL, Dutchie. No worries. I do find it comical to think if Perfesser were to have actually run on the ship deck in 50 MPH winds that the lap going into the wind would be ~20 min/mi and the tail wind lap would be ~ 4 min/mi.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

I have my one day off from work tomorrow. It's supposed to be my long run day but I am not going to run. I'm driving to Charlotte NC (6 hour drive) to pick up my new motorcycle instead! I'm only feeling a little guilty about it.

Imminent Catastrophe

LOL, Dutchie. No worries. I do find it comical to think if Perfesser were to have actually run on the ship deck in 50 MPH winds that the lap going into the wind would be ~20 min/mi and the tail wind lap would be ~ 4 min/mi.
                  Heh. Check out the pace graph for this run: Powered by RunningAHEAD.com 3 minutes per mile! That speedwork is paying off! Dutchie: That was me on the ship. It was pretty strange when there was some swell and the ship was rolling and pitching, it felt like I was dizzy. I haven't logged my mileage yet for the week, I just imported the GPS tracks and they're strange, due to the motion of the ship (see above) and the map for May 1 is fun too: Powered by RunningAHEAD.com (You have to click on the graph then click on the "map" tab.) Obviously the mileage is off due to the ship's motion, I'll correct that when I get a chance. But it's a fun graph. Trey: How's the food at Buena Vista?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

AnneCA

Russ, I'm absolutely amazed! I've never run in conditions near that windy, but is that for real? Meaning, were you really covering ground that quickly? How did it feel? Exhilirating, or terrifying? Or were you just focussed on what would happen when you rounded the next corner? Sorry we didn't get better weather for you while you were here in SF. There was an article in the paper the other day about how the H1N1 scare in Mexico was a boon for the SF cruise ship support business, because so many of the diverted ships ended up here. Trey -- glad to hear you're still feeling on an upward course. Dutchie -- speed demon!

Imminent Catastrophe

I think I'm going to focus on LHR (MAF) paced runs. Seems to have gotten Perfesser back on track (any advice Russ?).
                      It's worked pretty well for me, especially for rehab, recovery, and base-building. It's frustrating sometimes, but if you can tolerate being passed up by old ladies with walkers, it's worth it. Wink Seriously, it can be hard to keep your pace and HR that low but it will pay off. I've been doing it almost exclusively since last Fall (LHRT, Long, and Easy runs make up the bulk of my mileage for the last 8 months or so and the chronic tendinitis that was bothering me last year has not returned).Only recently have I started doing faster running, after I had a decent base. BTW just now you mention the breakfast pizza? D'oh!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016