2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check-In for 10/13-10/19 (Read 315 times)

...---...

Well that does it - I was thinking of trying out the 2130's...but not now. The last thing I need is for arches and groins to start hurting... which would kill any chance I had of doing a pliƩ. 4.1 easy run miles, a mile walk, and 2 wonderful Paulaner Oktoberfests yesterday.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Yeah, the 2100 series has just gone downhill. Hey Asics: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks to a woman's tip in the Ladies Locker Room, I got a pair of FREE Pearl Izumis (website promotion). Never even heard of them, but I'll try anything if they're free. I guessed the size right (10) and I LOVE them. They're how the Asics used to be for me, where I don't feel them at all. I actually just bought the second pair of 2130s a few weeks ago and have worn them only twice, so I think I will return them. My local running store doesn't carry the PIs, but I'll tell them they should!

I run for Fried Chicken!

I iced yesterday and I'm feeling a lot better. I think I'll see how I feel tomorrow and maybe go for a short run just to test things out. I don't think it's the shoes that caused my strain, I think it was the tempo run the day before. I was feeling some tightness in that area already and I was dumb and didn't stretch it out and then went for a longer run the day after. I actually quite like the 2130s so far. I've only done 1 run in them but they are definitely the most cushioned shoe I've ever used. Felt like I was floating on air.

...---...

Aaron - you're more man than I am..icing your groin. Oh, I did take an ice bath a couple weeks ago. As I was slipping into the slushy water mix, I was eating a burrito which I promptly began to choke on when the ice took my breath. Not loking forward to many more of those. Teresa - I gotta see if I can find some Pearl Izumi's to try on. Sounds like potential. A buddy at a running shoe store wants to give me a free pair of Etonic. Heck, I'll give 'em a shot.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

I didn't get any run in this week with this darn bathroom remodelling. My whole morning routine is messed up cause I have to leave the house nearly two hours earlier then I usually do. Only one more week to go. Hopefully. I will run next week. Even if it's only for 20 minutes. Today I have a 7K planned. I'll put my run in early afternoon cause I have to shower in the swimming pool. Which doesn't open till 13h30. Arghhhhh, you don't know how convenient a shower is till you don't have one! Trey: I've been running with 2130's since early this year now. Before that I had the 2120 and 2110. I like them.

Dutchie
              Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

Chilly cloudy day. Was really in the mood for a run after a 4-day lay off. Tough run. I enjoyed the run despite unwilling calfs. Guys were working in the field. Think they were harvesting carrots. But their big tractors and stuff had turned the road into a slippery mudslide. Not nice at all. Spooky was on her best behaviour. Totally enjoying the muddy rain puddles everywhere. Guess I'll be cleaning floors for the rest of the day. I'm off to the pool with Mike for a shower.

Dutchie

I run for Fried Chicken!

Aaron - you're more man than I am..icing your groin. Oh, I did take an ice bath a couple weeks ago. As I was slipping into the slushy water mix, I was eating a burrito which I promptly began to choke on when the ice took my breath. Not loking forward to many more of those. Teresa - I gotta see if I can find some Pearl Izumi's to try on. Sounds like potential. A buddy at a running shoe store wants to give me a free pair of Etonic. Heck, I'll give 'em a shot.
                  I wasn't much of a man when I was icing, haha. I think I'm almost back to normal, I can feel a slight twinge when I raise my right leg up high but no discomfort walking around or anything. I think I'm going to take another day off and see how I feel tomorrow. I'm glad I put some distance between myself and the bunny. I'm itching to run though, been getting restless not being able to.

A Saucy Wench

I got the free PI's too. I picked the syncroinfiniti's I like them, but I wouldnt race in them. They feel really heavy to me, but VERY cushy. I like them a lot for the day after a long run or whenever I feel a little achy.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

No time for a long run cause I have to cram for an exam on Tue. I'm no better than my kids Wink Anyways, took the car to take us all to the 'tree tunnel' for a doggie fun run and simply ran the lenght of it and back. Turned out to be 3.26K. Spike totally enjoyed running through all the leaves and snapping up little twigs dropping them a few meters later. Because I took the car there was no warm up walk/cool down walk. After the initial hard 1500 meters, my legs warmed up and felt really good. Too bad I had to stop and drive back. Better wake up the boys so we can get to the pool for a shower. What a pain Undecided

Dutchie

...---...

I'm off to the pool with Mike for a shower.
                        Shocked Yeah! Showering is fun. MTA: disclaimer - I have no idea who Mike is...hope he isn't a relative given my joke above. Here in the South, this wouldn't be abnormal... necessarily.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Shocked Yeah! Showering is fun. MTA: disclaimer - I have no idea who Mike is...hope he isn't a relative given my joke above. Here in the South, this wouldn't be abnormal... necessarily.
                          LOL Trey, you're lucky we Dutch are not easily offended Big grin And among the Dutch, I'm certainly not easily offended Wink And speaking from a house crawling with adolescents all the time, I better not be easily offended or my life would be a living hell Tongue Mike is my oldest son, and the shower is the showers at the public swimming pool..... Since my bathroom is being remodelled, we have no choice but to drive 10 minutes, pay 4 euro's each to have like a 5 min. shower then drive home again. On work days, I have my shower at work. Hopefully this will all be over by next weekend.

Dutchie

...---...

Dutchie - thanks for tolerating my twisted sense of humor. By the way, I'm at least half Dutch... according to my grandmother anyway. easy 8 miles. Worked in some "terrain" to test the knee and other parts. All systems go.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12