2000Km-1243 mile club

January 2013 (Read 220 times)

First :-)

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Imminent Catastrophe

Way to take advantage of the international date line.

Curse you,I'll catch up on December 31, 2013, when you're all into 2014 and can't catch up! Big grin

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Big grin HAPPY NEW YEAR Big grin

Wishing you 52 weeks of non stop fun, 12 Months of fantastic running and 365 days of happiness.

Dutchie Clown

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Happy New Year!

This will make my 3rd attempt at a 1200+ mile year. This time, I will do this.

Happy New Year, all.

Yes, Cindy, you will pass 1200 miles this year.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

HappyFeat

First :-)

That's the way to jump-start the ole mojo! I did my part to start us off as well. I stayed up and ran a mile at midnight - with a pink sequined tiara on my head! DH went to bed and then got back up to run it with me - chivalry is not dead!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Dutchie42

Got a 4.44 kilometer run/walk in this morning. Was fun too. I aim for a 1000 kilometers this year. That comes down to less than 20 kilometers a week. I should be able to do that. Of course, I'm still trying to work my way up to 5 kilometers x 3 a week. Hoping to get there by the end of the month. Guess somewhere along the road I need to catch up with the mileage Wink

Dutchie

I planned for a longish run on the first day of the year, but my wife asked me to go for a hike with her. I don't get such invitations that often, so  I went hiking instead. And she even wanted to run for a while! It was a nice way to start the year, and I did my long run today.

I signed up for a 40 km mountain trail race, on January 19th. I have never ran more then 28 km (did that only once, two years ago, and my usual longer runs are around 20 km), so I'm not sure that I can finish this race. But sooner or later I'd have to find that out... 

Happy 2013 and happy running!

Ze

Made it back to Halifax from the North Pole and brought the weather with me... First runs of the year have been on the gym treadmill, cause its cold! Legs don't like it so I'm easing in with some elliptical beforehand.Hoping  for 10K outside tomorrow, checking the temperatures. Work is super busy, house still under construction - nothing new, just trying to complete my planned workouts, A

Good luck to all of us this 2013!

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

I signed up for a 40 km mountain trail race, on January 19th. I have never ran more then 28 km (did that only once, two years ago, and my usual longer runs are around 20 km), so I'm not sure that I can finish this race. But sooner or later I'd have to find that out... 

Ze

Dear me.....that's only 2 weeks away! Certainly if I were in your shoes I'd be putting that race on my schedule for some time in the future when I'd have been able to train for that distance. It doesn't make sense to me to go "find out" if I could finish a 40K on no training. (No offense intended - I'm just incredulous.)

Imminent Catastrophe

After loafing for a few days I've resumed my running, 6 and 3 miles. I have a "Fat Ass" (free) 50k with the GUTS club tomorrow, I'll just take it easy and enjoy the day. I've got a tentative racing schedule set with a 24-hour, 50k/26.2 double, 50 miler and Tahoe 100 in July.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

The first week of January has gone well for me with successful tempo and long runs, and >35 MPW.

I'm recommitting to the "listen to my body" goal of last year and trying to incorporate this in my work day as well as running. Sometimes a stretch break and some deep breathing or drinking more water is what I need to make my day go better...not the mindless stress-eating that is my usual choice.

Dear me.....that's only 2 weeks away! 

No offense taken, HappyFeat!

Well, I got confused! It turns out that this race is on January 12, so that's actually only one week away!

But I still want to try it out. I'm quite sure that many marathons have been completed on much less training than mine. (Of course, I'm also certain that many have failed with much more training than me...)

In the end, it boils down to this: I may be fit enough to run a 40K; if so, fine, let's do it. But may be I'm not; also fine, this race is a good opportunity to run longer than my usual long runs; let's see how far I get.

Anyway, thanks for your very wise opinion

Ze

Dutchie42

Happy: congrats on succesfully completing the first week of the year Wink

Ayola: when will the house be finished?

Had my annual fall-down-the-stairs mishap Thursday night. No running the rest of the week. Hope to get my next run in on Tuesday. Black eye Not the grand start of the year I'd hoped for, but there are another 51 weeks to make up for that.

Dutchie

Ze - are you following in the footsteps of our Perfesser?

Happy - you are my consistency heroine!

Dutchie - recover well... PS the house will probably never be done as there are two architects living in it, but my plan is for the inside phase to be done by September or October. We are planning an addition which is a 2014 project...

Happy snowy sunday, A

Recalculating...