2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Mileage Check-In for week June 9 (Read 241 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

9.4 today. I wanted to do longer but that's 25 in 3 days, and my legs are feeling it. Plus, hot and humid, I was just dragging at the end. Maybe I can get some miles in on the road this weekend.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

A Saucy Wench

3.8 today with some striders. Legs still feel a bit heavy.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Ringmaster

Hmmm. After the great 7 the other day, a slow 6 on the treadmill for me yesterday. LSR planned for tomorrow. Which brings a question. Last three weeks I've done 10, 10, and 12. Now knee pain, like I said, shows up right at mile 8, but I've been running through it and icing when I get home. It just hurts when I run, doesn't bug me for the rest of the day or anything. Next week will be a forced cut back week b/c I'll be out of town w/ nonrunning family so a 2-hour run is out of the question. No reason not to go ahead and do another 12 tomorrow, right? What's on everyone else's calendar this weekend? Anne, your race is tomorrow, right? How you feeling? Strong? Ready? Pink gloves on?

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
        Mile by Mile

Dog-Love

Starting to train for the Victoria marathon and ran my 10 mile run through the woods and back. We ran out to the Eagle Glacier and hit the 5 mile mark on the Garmin and my friends said "OK lets head back". We were less than 1200 meters from the point at which you could actually look up the glacier and I wasn't going to turn without seeing that after coming that far. Beautiful!!! So really a 10.5 mile run. Feeling tired today and will probably get a 6 mile run in tomorrow. It is always strange to me up north here to picture heat. We crave it and you have too much of it! We do admit to having great running weather up here in Juneau in the summer
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

9.1 along Elliot Bay, downtown Seattle to Smith Cove on the bikepath. Nice and cool here! Good run, but I felt like I was running faster than my Polar indicated. Time to calibrate. One week from now I'll really be tired.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

A Saucy Wench

14.2 today - 1.1 warmup and a HM Race report here

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dog-Love

Nice race ENnay! You are speedy on a hilly course. Hope you get a well earned rest. I ran a 5.5 today to Mendenhall Glacier and then spent the day with my kids dad ...my husband...on a nice short hike
                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

14.2 today - 1.1 warmup and a HM Race report here
                  Hey, nice job! Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

A Saucy Wench

Thanks!!! very happy. And a bit sore, not too bad, just tired tired legs.