2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in: 21-27 June (Read 438 times)

Dutchie42

Goood morning everyone,

New week people, let's make it a good one I for one was off to a good start: 30 min UB endurance plus abs, followed by a 3K doggie run. My R-lower calf was very tight and I had to stop and stretch like every 500 meters or so. Then added on 25 min of LB strengt. My legs feel very nice now. Not tight at all.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Just a dude.

Grrr... starting to get frustrated with it all...

Gained 5 lbs last week...

Haven't been running... hammy just won't let me regularly yet.

A week off was ok... I could cope with that.  Now I am worried that I am losing ground... The over competitive compulsive in me is having a hard time with it all...

sigh...

Ok... complaining over... sorry all...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Dutchie42

Kelly: sorry to hear your hamstring is still bothering you. Did you see a PT yet?

Beautiful morning: bit chilly, but great for running. Spooky and I did a nice 5.5 kilometer out&back run. 

1st half = 20:41 min
        2nd half = 19:08 min, incl. a 1 min walk break for a fructose tablet and water
        Legs felt good, running was great, especially in the 2nd half. 

Added on a 20 min LB endurance w/o (no warm up, but incl. a short stretch). Nice 

Off to shower and get myself to work quick. Got a meeting in less than 70 minutes.

Dutchie

Two firsts for me yesterday.  First flat tire on my road bike and first barefoot run of over 2 miles.  Running in bike shoes doesn't work very well.

Met with the trainer today - we did lots of core work after reviewing my goals. She's suggesting 3 run days and 3 resistance/ training days per week. And I can't wrap my head around that little running. Any thoughts? Dutchie - you work out quite a bit - how does that work in with your runs?

Yesterday: Hard spin class, tomorrow 6 miles run

A

Recalculating...

Dog-Love

Dutchie: you are a consistent inspiration with working out!

Kelly: Take a breather...won't hurt you in the long run! 

I am suffering from what my doc says is a Morton's neuroma and I can run a bit but over time I start favoring my left leg and the pain transfers to my knee.  Reading Born to RUn and think I should scrap my running shoes but then went and bought a new pair...new brand...we shall see.  Had a beutiful 6 mile run (with a bit of pain) along the wetlands.  Think I will go fishing after work today.

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Just a dude.

Sigh...

Yes, hammy is still bugging me.  It's better... I'll be able to run short and slow later this week I am pretty sure... 

I guess this is an opportunity to grow up a little bit and be less obsessive... Or something like that...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Dutchie42

Ayola: Only 3 runs a week isn't much. Do you have any races coming up that you wanna train for or other running goal? Did you tell her about that?

I usually work my UB 2xweek. Since my eye surgery I've been doing UB endurance just for maintenance, but I will switch to a split routine next month, using medium weights for more toning. Occasionally I'll throw in a week or two of heavy weights, just to confuse my muscles or break a plateau. I don't log my strength training w/os much, so looking at my log isn't helpful.

For LB I usually only do endurance strength training.

I'll list my generic schedule below, but disclaimer: I've been doing it this way for many, many years so I'm used to it. Plus adding a LB w/o after a shorter run makes my legs feel nicely stretched, and my knees feel much better, but that is not for everyone.

Mon: focus on UB + abs. If I have time I add on a short recovery/doggie run

Tue: shorter RUN + 20-30 min LB (endurance strength: light weights, high reps)

Wed: medium long RUN (switched it recently from Thu) + UB + abs, but focus is on the run

Thu: shorter RUN + 20-30 min LB (endurance strength: light weights, high reps preferably with some plyometrics thrown in)

Fri: focus on UB + abs. If I have time I add on a short recovery/doggie run

Sat: shorter RUN + I try to work in a 30-40 min boxing w/o which also works the UB and the obliques.

Sun: long RUN, and I try to add on a 30 min yoga w/o, usually Rodney Yee.

It should add up to 5xruns, 2xUB, 2xLB, 2-3xabs, 1xboxing and 1xyoga per week. I try to bike to work 2-3 times per week  (13K each) but that entirely depends on whether I leave the house in time or not.

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Crabby: what causes Morton's neuroma? Better take good care of it.

Kelly: patience, patience.... the run will still be there tomorrow

So, what happened to the rest of the group. They all away on annual leave or something?

Dutchie

HappyFeat

Hi, I'm still here.   My headstart on the Bunny is coming to an end. As of today, I'm taking a week off running to calm down what seems to be ischial bursitis (at the sit-bones). This is a dramatic step (can we say "compulsive runner?"), but I remind myself that I'm in this for the long haul - what's one week after all?  Plus my symptoms are quite painful and I really want them to go away without having to get a steroid injection.  I plan to use those extra 2 hours of the evening to whip my garden into shape - the weed population has exploded and other plantings have outgrown their spaces.  That's my update. Sure hope I don't gain 5 lbs like Kelly!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Imminent Catastrophe

Yes, it's quiet. Too quiet.

30 minutes elliptical today, then tested the foot with a couple treadmill miles. Or tried, anyway. I have a colonoscopy tomorrow and, well, nuclear-strength laxatives are not any fun.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Perfesser: sounds icky. I'll stay far away from you if you don't mind

Gorgeous morning. Was out the door before 6AM. Can't remember when I last was out that early.

Today was an 8.5K out&back. I was slightly faster in the 2nd half again. It wasn't easy to maintain pace, but it was nice.

Dutchie

Perfesser: does one say "good luck" with a colonoscopy?

Kelly: A little break after the win should be OK  - then you can ease back into your top form. I also gained a little after my race because I took 2 weeks easy  and now that I'm getting my miles back its coming right back off. No biggie. I'm just going to add some muscle/ core strength to the base.

Dutchie: I was running 5 or 6 x per week before my last race and my next goal race is in the middle of October so I may not need to be at that level until early August (which is not that far away) But I'd like to keep my base. Maybe 3WT, 3 runs and one spinning class for awhile. I'm not sure how I'm going to feel the day after a workout.

6 today, 6 tomorrow - I may do some intervals on the treadmill as heavy rain is in the forecast.

Happy Wednesday, A

Recalculating...

Imminent Catastrophe

Perfesser: does one say "good luck" with a colonoscopy?

The preferred phrase is, "hope everything comes out OK"

It's squeaky clean. I'm so proud.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dog-Love

I cannot wait to have mine!

Running 6 today in the rain...have a great day

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)