2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check in Oct 19 - 25 (Read 339 times)

Since I'm not busy running I will start it this week.

I admit it!  I'm injured.  It is now official.  I have been in denial for most of the summer and definitely the entire fall and I'm just going to have to admit it.  The pains that started out in my right groin have never really improved from several months ago and now the pain has also gone to the left side and lower abdomen.  It started out as something that would just bother me for the first half mile until everything warmed up but now it never goes away.  From my first step of the run until the last it hurts, then for the next couple of hours.  The funny thing is that during the day I feel just fine, but when I break into a run it's there.  I guess there is nothing for it but to take some time off and I am really pissed about it!

Imminent Catastrophe

Crap, heffa, sorry to hear that. I've been there (I think we all have). Sometimes the only solution is to take a few weeks off, whatever it takes, try to keep your conditioning with bike or elliptical or whatever you can do, and start a good rehab program.

Sounds like you're doing the right thing. Keep us posted!

It seems like you had a good summer, there's a few PRs in your sig line.

Today: 2 easy recovery miles and a massage. Legs still sore but I feel pretty good overall.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Jeff: have you been to a doctor?  What was the diagnosis?  Hate to find out you've got a hernia or something.

Russ: where's the race report? (hint, hint)

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Imminent Catastrophe

Jeff: have you been to a doctor?  What was the diagnosis?  Hate to find out you've got a hernia or something.

Russ: where's the race report? (hint, hint)

Yeah, something that chronic probably merits a trip to the doc.

Heh. The race report is on my to-do list. 

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Dutchie42

Heffa: you should have that checked out. It's been too long without any improvement.l

I am sick... again! Really bad tummy pains, throwing up and explosive diarrhea. Arghhhhh. I didn't eat or drink at all yesterday. My youngest son had to help me up the stairs cause there was no way I could do it by myself.

Pain seemed to have subsided some this morning, but a little tea with honey and it came back in full force. No fever though, I think. I'm just hoping this is a 36 hour thing. I'm soooo close to Trey I really wanna catch up

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dog-Love

Sorry you're sick Dutchie....I still have some weird mono-type thing and have zero energy...zero appetite and haven't run a foot in over a week.  I have lost 6 pounds though so am getting into marathon shape one way or another.
              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Sounds like I'm getting off easy with just some muscle pain.  I have plenty of energy, no loss of appetite and I have not thrown up once today!

All the PR's this summer just make it that much worse for me.  I know I am in the best running shape of my life as I sit here typing this and I have to take some time off.  I actually tried some biking this summer to take some stress off the area and it didn't work.  I'm afraid I'm going to be off ALL leg exercise for a while.  I can't even do a situp without straining the area.  I guess it's time to work on my "guns".

As far as the doctor is concerned I'm think I'll self diagnose for at least a week.  I have this aversion of doctors.  It seems every time I go to one for a problem I end up spending a bunch of money and not getting any resolution.  My wife guilted me into a bunch of doctors appts this summer to take care of some nagging problems and I was very disappointed with the results. 

- Jaw locking open + 3 doctor visits + x-rays + several hundred $ in copays = TMJ (sucks being you, try to hold your jaw different)

- foot pain + 2 doctor visits + x-rays = Morton's neuroma (surgery would probably make it worse, sucks being you, maybe you should stop running)

hopefully it is just some kind of muscle strain and a week or two off will fix the problem.  If it's still bothering me after that I will have to consider the doctor visit.  Meanwhile I guess my goal of an ultra will have to wait until next year.

Imminent Catastrophe

... throwing up and explosive diarrhea. 

Nice visual!

Seriously, sorry you're so sick, get well soon. Crabby too. Is it flu? Sounds like it.

Just 1.4 miles today with dogs. My legs still feel stiff and fatigued.

I've volunteered to lead the 4:30 pace group at Chickamauga but haven't heard back. That could be fun.

Dutchie42

Nice visual!

I knew you'd appreciate it

I was in so much pain yesterday I went home sick....That's twice in three weeks I've gone home sick and my colleagues are worried as I haven't been sick in the two years I work there, not even a cold. On a good note, my boss is off on vacation, so he won't notice a thing. If this thing doesn't let up today, I'll have to make a doctor's appointment. Not eating is not doing me any good.

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

Ugh. 4.1 easy miles with dogs, but it was miserable. Left ankle, right shin hurt. Really tired legs. Climbing up even an easy hill just wore me out. Hopefully the next one will be better.

Dutchie42

Been to the doc yesterday. Apparently I have an inflammation of the caecum. The bit of colon close to the appendix (I'm sure there's a medical term for it in English Wink). Got medicine and I feel a lot better today, which is Saturday for me. So much so I might try and eat something.

I guess it'll be at least a day or two before I get my strength back and I can go run again.

Dutchie

Dog-Love

My first 3 miles in almost 2 weeks.  It felt easy but now I am pathetically tired,  Must get healthy!  My dog Rusty sure has been missing trail runs. 
                          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                            What a pitiful bunch we are right now!  Get healthy everybody!
                            Dutchie42

Funny how we all have health problems one way or another. Might it be the end of the racing season?

Everyone get well soon. Crabby, hope to be running with you again in a couple of days chasing Trey.

Dutchie

HappyFeat

This will make my third weekend in a row of running 6 miles both days, and 4 on the weekdays. Still tired on that 6th mile, but gaining on the Bunny. After today's run, I should be only about 10 miles behind.  Yaay!  Sometimes I can't help but think of the days when it would be the 6-teenth mile that made me tired.  I wonder if I'll ever get back there. "Mind over matter" doesn't work for me like it used to. Still, I'm happy with how I'm doing and determined to meet the Pace Bunny goal. 

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.