2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in: 31 May-6 June (Read 404 times)

Let's take care of those injuries guys!

This morning an easy 3.5 in the fog - a bit chilly for June. Yesterday elliptical, rowing and a light weight training workout. I'm going to get "assesed" today at the gym - weighed in and measured.

MTA: The bunny is breathing down my neck!

MTA2: Gym assessment rescheduled for Tuesday -I'm gonna do some running this weekend

Recalculating...

Just a dude.

Ran a 400m time trial today in 65... which is 8 seconds faster than almost 2 months ago... Big hairy fat gorilla on my back the last 150...

Ran a 200 after... Gorilla's little brother got me on that one... I don't think I was recovered enough...

Knees are getting better with the icing.  Back is almost back to normal. 

Long hilly run tomorrow planned, but my daughter is graduating and I have family in town... Not so sure I will get it all squeezed in... but will do my best...

I've been reading about running a lot, training philosophies and stories about good and great runners of the past.  Really gets me juiced up about racing...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Dutchie42

Kelly: congrats on your daughter graduating. Nothing bad will happen if you skip a run you know

Yesterday I slept in, again!

This morning was a very nice 7K doggie run. Not as easy running as my other runs this week. Gorgeous morning. It's gonna be a warm day. Glad I got my run in before the temp goes up.

Spike was in sniff/digg/chase mode instead of running. Had to go collect him a few times. Spooky was rolling in the wet grass every couple hundred meters.

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

Congrats to myself for sticking out a 6 mile run that started off with all kinds of wardrobe malfunctions, thirst, cramps, and ogling from evil truck drivers - ended on a good note - nice and sunny and zippy running (for me)

Now the predicted cold and rainy part of the weekend had begun so I'm at the office making my Monday easier.

Happy graduation Kelly, A

Recalculating...

10K for me today while it was 85F out.  Trying to build up some heat tolerance again.  I even managed a short stint barefoot even though the pavement had to be 200F.

Just a dude.

Kelly: congrats on your daughter graduating. Nothing bad will happen if you skip a run you know

What? skip a run?!? I thought the world would end as everything is sucked into a giant black hole...

I know... and I skip a run here and there... every other month or so...

15.6 today and it felt pretty strong... Really hilly course with almost half on rocky or sandy trails... And the graduation went pretty good, except I got a darn sunburn...  One down, 3 to go...

Everyone have a great rest of the weekend...!

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Dutchie42

I had a bad bad bad bad BAD long run today  My breathing was so bad. It felt like I couldn't get enough air in. I had to walk a lot just to get my HR down. I wasn't running too fast. It wasn't like I was gasping for air. It just felt like there wasn't enough oxygen.

Anyways, I struggled through the full 12.88 kilometers. It was more like a run/walk but I finished it. My legs were fine and I don't feel tired.

Logged 37.2 kilometers for the week. Not bad for a come back

Dutchie
                Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

Dutchie, we've all had runs like that, sometimes a few weeks at a time. It will get better, hang in there. 37 km is pretty nice for recovery.

I hope you're right, I did have my shoe (the right one) tied pretty tight, it reduces the spasms in the foot. 

I was hoping to run a 50k today. Instead I've done nothing for a week and I'm seeing the ortho tomorrow about my foot, plus the rodent passed me a few days ago. Grrrrrr. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016