2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check-in 6-12 April (Read 230 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Starting off the week... 3 on the treadmill today. It was going well until about mile 2 then, I hit the wall! Not really, but it was going well then suddenly I just lost it, had no energy and it was a real struggle to finish. I don't know what happened, I've never had that before so early. Has anyone else had this?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

You just had an off daySad Some days are just like that. could be what you ate or didn't eat, could be lack of sleep, or literally a multitude of other factors. Give yourself some TLC tonight and have a great run tomorrow, ok? MTA: I looked at your running log and it looks like you dramatically increased your mileage in March compared to the several preceding months. You could also consider some element of overtraining as a factor in your off day. Anyway, hope tomorrow is a good one for you.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

anneb

Yeah, I agree probably just an off day. Sunday I was running 4 on the tm and was going to pick it up to a moderate (for me) 9:30 pace and after a half mile I realized I just couldn't. I was still full from a late breakfast, recovering from head cold, blah, blah, blah. Wink 8 on the tm for me this morning... I finally ordered a garmin 305 last night! I can't wait to get it! Just as it is starting to get light at a normal hour... though it needs to warm up a little here, the spring in Chicago has been non-existent so far. I love the idea of being able to run anywhere and not having to map the route ahead of time or try to remember where you ran later.

Anne

Imminent Catastrophe

Better today, 5 miles on the treadmill. I think I might be fighting off a bug, my HR is up a bit and my energy level is down a bit. Last week was a cutback week, that's probably a good thing.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Working on a 30 mile week - I did a 3 x 1 mile at 10K pace today on the treadmill. I felt pretty good and ran faster in the second repeat (big no no) the last repeat didn't feel great (see the next sentence) but I survived. A nice guy I know got kicked off for going over the 20 minutes during morning prime time, but he was also saved from the farting session that proceeded in the next 25 minutes. I am a survivor! Happy tuesday, A

Recalculating...

Spring has fully sprung in VA. Thunderstorms and everything. After the deluge in the afternoon the sun came out for a beautiful 70F and sunny tempo run. I did 5 miles at a very strong pace (6:49/mile) and was all proud of myself until I looked at my training schedule and realized I didn't run as fast as I was supposed to for my goal pace training. I am still happy with a good run and beautiful weather.

Imminent Catastrophe

Nice weather here too, after yesterday's wet snow! 9-miler in Chickamauga NMP with DW and dogs on a perfect spring day--65°F, clear, a slight breeze. I ran on the bridle trail right at the end. That was a bad idea on the day after a rain, it was really muddy and torn up.

Dog-Love

Ok day yesterday and today. Just really tired during my runs. Short yesterday (3) and today went on a hilly 6 miler with a friend and my dog (my best friend) and just loped it out. Rusty went swimming while I stretched abit.
                  Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

...---...

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Still having nagging issues with the upper thigh/groin but will be at rehab on Tuesday. Happy Easter all. Trey

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

theyapper

On the road again...

Hey guys. Thought I'd check in, too. I'm heading into the weekend of longer runs still 20 miles behind the pink monster. I will catch that furry thing someday.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

HappyFeat

Checking in to cry on your collective shoulders. I'm keeping ahead of the bunny for the most part, but still nursing the knots in my hamstring and back....it's been miserable running the last couple weeks. I WANT to run, but I get out there and limp along or run verrrry slowly. I'm thinking of getting a massage therapist to work on me. I HOPE next week is better.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Turkey or Running........Turkey or Running....... Maybe I will run tomorrow.

Imminent Catastrophe

Nice 14.6 in San Francisco, across the GG Bridge, then down to Horseshoe Bay on the Marin end, up to Battery Spencer (the overlook above the bridge), return. That's hillwork! That was a tough long run, including dodge-the-tourist on the Bridge (Easter Sunday is a bad day to run the Bridge--crowded!). Longest run since last August and 41 miles for the week. Phew.