2000Km-1243 mile club

SF Marathon Recap (Read 287 times)

...---...

Hey guys - just a quick note. I finished in 4:28 - very happy with this time. Had a GREAT experience. Even splits mostly, ran the 2nd half faster than the first. The last 2 miles @ ~9 min/mile which was everything I had left. No injuries. Knees and upper/outer thighs are a little sore today. I had no issues with the hills (easier than the terrain I trained on, I thought).

Thought about Perfesser when passing Boudin Bakery - smelling the warm delicious sour dough bread aromas. 

DW and I went to Gordon Birsch after race for beers and some food. It was packed, looked for Anne - even thought I really didn't know what she looked like (looking for Cal hats) - but there were so many people I could have missed finding my own mother. 

We're heading up to Muir woods today, then onto Sausalito, and then a ferry ride back to SF. 

I'll get a complete report, with photos, soon. If you've never run this marathon...you're missing out. 

Next up, 50K trail run on Sept 6. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

We're heading up to Muir woods today, then onto Sausalito, and then a ferry ride back to SF. 

You could always run across the bridge and back

But seriously, congrats! Looking forward to the RR.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Trey: congrats on finishing. Great time too! And good to hear you're recovering pretty well Waiting for your RR !

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dog-Love

Great time Trey and I know you will enjoy the rest of your trip.  If you can get to the Pelican Inn (sort of near Muir Woods) enjoy a beer for me.  Its a nice hike there from Tennessee Valley...
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
          AnneCA

Great race, Trey!  Hope you have a nice time up in Marin, looks like it should be a beautiful day.  Sorry I missed you at GB!

I also thought of Russ passing the bakery, and of Dutchie when I was on the bridge running behind a Dutch couple.  Or, well, okay, they were speaking a European language I couldn't ID, and were rearing race tee-shirts from a marathon, with a website address on the back of taxel[something].nl.  I call Dutch, but shouldn't do it on shirts alone. 

Really looking forward to my massage today!

Imminent Catastrophe

Nice run and RR Anne, I enjoyed reading that. That was quite a fast mile climbing up to the bridge, could that have taken something out of your legs? That's a tough climb.

Second VO2 max workout today, 8 miles with 5x800m @ 7:00  pace with 400m recoveries, and it felt a LOT better than last week. 1.5 miles of the warmup were in VFF's and it felt pretty good. Someone in the barefooting group said that starting off a run barefoot or in Vibrams help you get into a comfortable stride and I really think there's something to that, once I put on the shoes I felt pretty comfortable.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Great race report Anne. Glad it went well and even happier that your family got to experience it with you.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Good Job SF runners .... 3000 miles it a bit of a haul, but maybe some day when in the neighborhood will run as all seemed to have a good time.

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

Dutchie42

That would've probably been texelhalvemarathon.nl (Texel half marathon). Texel is one of our islands in the north. Been there once: flat, windy and lots of sheep.

Love the race report Anne. You too congrats on finishing and a great time!

04f7a010d7164e92bd221dcc1c2f468c.....

and of Dutchie when I was on the bridge running behind a Dutch couple.  Or, well, okay, they were speaking a European language I couldn't ID, and were rearing race tee-shirts from a marathon, with a website address on the back of taxel[something].nl.  I call Dutch, but shouldn't do it on shirts alone. 

Dutchie
                    Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

Anne - well done on your race! I think you did a fantastic job. Really enjoyed reading your RR. Love to photos too.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12