2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check In May 10-16 (Read 415 times)

Just a dude.

Well, no one else has started this off, so I thought I would...

4x1200 interval day for me... It went better than the 5x1000 last week, but still not as good as I would like... I think I have found a hole in my fitness... A few more training sessions like this should help...

BTW, we got snow today... again... Its freaking May 10th... and we get snow... 

Hope everyone has a great week with wonderful weather... 

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Dutchie42

Gooood morning everyone

Kelly: snow (shudder). Not that we have our usual Spring weather. It's too cold and too wet.

Me: gas bubble still hasn't disappeared, though probably onle 1/4 left. Just a bit to go. Next follow up appt. is Monday. Hope they tell me I can w/o again. I must be gaining a pound a minute these days.... Of course, that has nothing to do with all the cookies and ice cream I eat.The bars in my training graph are getting equally as fat.

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

HappyFeat

Just in from a 4-miler in my magical new shoes. I don't know if it's the shoes or if the exercises I'm doing and changes I'm making in my running form are finally coming together or maybe it's the coffee I had at 4 PM or the cookies at 6 PM, but I had the second fastest run in quite a while - without making a hard effort. I also just took 2 days off after tweaking my right knee badly on Sunday, but it seems to have recovered.  So I'm feeling quite happy and much more confident about the Rhody Run 12K next Sunday.

Dutchie, I'm glad your eye is making steady progress.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Dog-Love

I am checking in mostly to say hi but to get inspired to run.  I have been diving this week and that takes a bit out of me.  Have that marathon looming which may turn into a half.
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
          HappyFeat

Hi Crabby  What is the project you've been diving for? I don't dive, but I've heard it can be very tiring. Which marathon are you signed up for? I'm sorry I can't recall - if I ever knew - but have you run a marathon before?  I haven't. The longest I've ever run is 16 miles. I used  to do 14 to 16 for my long run a couple times a months, but that was some time ago.

Ayola, how are you doing this week?

Happy: Here I am! And where do I get magic shoes? I think my general easy runs are improving as well (although I'm a bit slower than you) I think its the leaves on the trees.

Kelly: Always a threat of snow in the mornings here...but I haven't seen any since last week.

I took monday and tuesday off after having too much fun and not enough running and sleeping at home. An easy 3 miles this morning - still on track for 100 miles this month. HM is in two weeks...

Recalculating...

I took the new bike out on the same 15 miler I did last week with my old bike.  I was 7:00 minutes faster!  I'm liking this bike alot.  4 weeks until my next Tri.  2 weeks until my 10K.  I'm trying to decide if I should put in ANY running before the actual 10K.  My foot has been pain free for over a week now but I just don't know if it is strong enough to run on yet.

Imminent Catastrophe

10 km trail run with DW and dogs today, two days off really helped. Today I was cruising along at a good pace (for trails) and it felt so much easier than the same pace did last week. Taz loves his backpack, when I bring it out he just sits right down in front of me so I can put it on (he carries the water for the dogs).

I have a suggestion: instead of 2000 km, how about we call it the Two Million Meter group? That sounds so much cooler. 

TWO MILLION METERS!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dog-Love

Hey HAPPY I dive a lot for work and this week we were monitoring herring spawn off an artificial reef that was installed a couple of years ago.  Herring are a big deal up here and when they spawn you can actually see all of the sperm from the air and all waters around the shore are white.  Most of the reason it is hard is that you need to wear a bit of gear.

Ran 5 today that included a very hilly trail.  Felt just fine although my knee still bugs me

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Hey HAPPY I dive a lot for work and this week we were monitoring herring spawn off an artificial reef that was installed a couple of years ago.  Herring are a big deal up here and when they spawn you can actually see all of the sperm from the air and all waters around the shore are white.  Most of the reason it is hard is that you need to wear a bit of gear.

Ran 5 today that included a very hilly trail.  Felt just fine although my knee still bugs me

OMG, that has to be the post of the month. Starting with "I dive a lot for work..." How many people can say that? 

(and about the sperm, I'm not gonna go there...)

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

HappyFeat

Crabby: I googled aerial images of herring spawn and it’s actually quite pretty to see.  I also looked at your profile and see that you’re an experienced marathoner – and have done the Victoria one. I ran the Victoria HM several years ago and really enjoyed the festive atmosphere and ideal running conditions. I’m halfway thinking of doing it again this year.  Isn’t your “looming” marathon still a few months out?   

So Jeff now has a magical bike for faster workouts – welcome to my club. You just keep babying that stress fracture.

Ayola: Glad you had such a good weekend. The magic shoes came from the Brooks factory (as opposed to an online clearance rack somewhere like I usually get them) and I'm so in love with them. They’re this year’s new Addiction model – the 9. I’ve worn the Addiction since it was first brought out and, other than the 5 which was a disaster for all wearers, it’s been a great shoe for me.  I felt they went too narrow and a little too hard in the forefoot with the 8, but it seemed okay for all 3 pairs I ran in. Coincidentally that’s also the time my running suffered.  This new pair is perfect in every way: cush, support, roominess.  I think quite likely they make it easier to implement my new running form, which is what is contributing to my faster pace - just like Jeff promised it would

Just a dude.

2 million meters... I like it...

Though we could be ridiculous and do 2 billion millimeters... 

Crabby, sounds like an interesting job... Also sounds like you don't have much of a schedule...  I'd guess that makes consistently running much harder...

Looming marathons sound so ominous... I have a looming 1500... Not even 4 whole laps... 

I don't know if you marathon types impress me, scare me, or are just insane... 

Easy 7 for me today after pulling weeds for around 90 minutes... stiff back and my legs were a little achy... but overall not too bad...

Oh, and the weather has completely turned around... Probably 70 tomorrow for me... 

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Dog-Love

Perfessor...I was gonna go into the sperm detail but that be more appropriate for the swamp.  I am going to try to run a couple of meters tomorrow...maybe 100

...---...

having a decent run week so far (knock on wood). In keeping with the spirit of the meters name suggestion, and to show my support for this bit of "kookiness":

Sunday - 19,473.062 meters

Tuesday - 8,851.302 meters

Wednesday - 9,495.1296 meters

hope to get in 3000 meters today. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Ho hum, another day, another rattlesnake. 11-3/4 mile trail run on the Benton Mackaye Trail (he's the guy who made the Appalachian Trail happen). Anyway, ran into this cuddly critter on the trail today:

It's a Timber Rattlesnake, that's two in two weeks. He kind of blends in, doesn't he? I'm starting to think I attract them. He was rattling away, and I appreciated the warning (although he didn't start rattling until I was already past). Copperheads don't have rattles so I'm more scared about them. I'm just glad they take a second or two to coil before they can strike, I'm already past by then. 

Then driving home I was making a right turn and got rear-ended pretty hard, Snapped my head back pretty good, but I seem to be OK (just a little shaken up). The other driver's airbag deployed and her car is a loss, half of it is embedded in the right rear of my Jeep (actually DW's Jeep). A witness said she never even hit the brakes. 

Anyway, I feel pretty lucky, getting hit at probably 35-40 mph and not getting hurt is a good thing! 

MTA: That's 18,909 meters.  Hey, I like this!  Hello? Moderators? 

MATA: Well, now our air conditioning went out. It's hot! What a day!