2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in for 12/22-12/28 (Read 267 times)

Dutchie42

Hi guys, HAPPY NEW YEAR I'm trying to outrun the flu Tongue Sore throat last week, coughing spells this week. Tired and sleepy but not really sick. Bleh. Noone started a new thread for this week? You lazy buggers! I didn't make the goal either, but given my race schedule for next year, I should be able to do much better! Unless my R-foot won't cooperate. It was fun running with you guys last year. Lets toast to an injury free 2009! BTW, that darn Bunny is already 1.6K ahead of me! ETA: spelling

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

Managed a 10K this morning on the TM. It was a hard run! Shins were sore in the first 15min. Not like shin splints sore (had that years ago), but more like muscle soreness. Then they loosened up and it was OK. Bad cramp in my L-hamstring after the run while stretching. approx. 2K@9.0K approx. 3K@9.5K approx. 4K@10K approx. 1K@9.0K A walk break after nearly every kilometer. Needed that. It was tough today. Probably cause I'm still recovering from sort of the flu. Happy though, cause it's a great start of the new year! I'm ahead of the bunny now Clowning around

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Ennay, no fair! You ran twice today!

Dutchie

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Ennay, no fair! You ran twice today!
          Show-off. Big grin I wimped out. Single digits, winds gusting over 30 mph. Blech. Then I felt guilty, because over 70 people did the Resolution Run. Oh, well.

Dog-Love

I ran this morning with another RAer from Juneau for the Resolution Run 5K not a race and it was 4 degrees (not counting windchill) BUt it felt better than standing around in it. I think that is the coldest air in which I have run...ever. Later that day was the Polar Bear Plunge that I was going to do but completely wussed out of.
            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
            Dutchie42

Did UB endurance first, incl. abs. Then a kind of recovery run. It was tough! Legs weren't willing. Mentally it wasn't going well either. 4x30sec walkbreaks for a 20min run. Ridiculous! Like having Spike with me Wink Constant speed@9.0KM.

Dutchie

I run for Fried Chicken!

Didn't make my goal or catch the bunny last year. Oh well, I'm not too bummed about it. It was a good first full year of running though. No specific goals for this new year, hopefully I'll stay ahead of the bunny but I'm not focused on it. I'm looking to work more on speed this year, I feel like I've built up a decent base last year but never focused on speed at all and never really pushed myself too hard. The new year is off to a good start. Ran almost 7 today.