2000Km-1243 mile club

December (Read 406 times)

HappyFeat

Hi gang - I'm still with ya - been reading, just not posting lately because life has been a wee bit stressful. Running is going pretty good. I was having some lower leg issues last week - apparently from poor treadmill form - because I made some adjustments and had no pains this week.  I have not kept up with my plan to do a weekly tempo run because of those problems, but will try and pick that back up soon.

Welcome back to running, BrianSmile

Congratulations on beating the Bunny, MrRipper

No running for me today - Friday night being my usual rest day/yoga night.

I'm thinking of running 12 tomorrow, two loops on a 6 mile route that has a couple of long hefty hills in it.

As a test, for fun, I'm going to see if I can insert a link to my map/elevation chart for that route.

Hmm the icon for inserting a link is not available for some reason.

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/eab8318231be48be831dfe1e093255ea/workouts/3cb2430e3e1e46829acf7eaaa5efee59/map

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/eab8318231be48be831dfe1e093255ea/workouts/825459d81a254ef8b77c98f42edbaf81/map

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Imminent Catastrophe

Carpet Capital 10 Miler today, a nice hard tempo run, 1:21:37. I never run that fast in training. It was an out-and-back and somehow there was a headwind both ways. A cold headwind. Anyway I'm happy with my pacing, 8:08/8:06 for each half. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Russ - Nice run.  Sweet pacing.

I tried out the trail that the 50K will be on next week today.  I absolutely loved the trail, it was a blast and I had one of the best runs of my life.  It wasn't fast, but I felt fantastic the whole way.  I had planned on running about 13, but since it was my first time on the trails I misjudged the distances and ended up doing almost 16.  That was fine by me because I felt like I could run all day long.

HappyFeat

You are sooo Ready for that 50K Jeff!! I'm excited for you.

Well done on the 10 mile race today, Speedy!

My 12 went well, but the hills were more challenging than I expected, especially on the second loop around. My right pyriformis was hurting after the last big one.  Guess I'll have to repeat this route a dozen times or so to get good at it. I want to do a local trail HM next August and this route with its hills will be excellent training.

I was a bit under the weather this week (no runs) but I managed my regular 5 miles today through the park and down to the waterfront. Today was bright and sunny, refreshingly cold (-5*C) and no wind and no ice - a pretty good winter day and lots of runners were out. There was a bit of flem (sorry to the witnesses on Morris Street) but I think I've rested up enough to get back into my regular schedule. Feeling a loss of fitness from a week + of minimal workouts.

Reading about all of these great runs may help me get the mojo back!

Jeff - I'm really looking forward to a RR on that 50K next week.

Have a relaxing sunday, A

Recalculating...

Brian - Does this mean your evaluation went well?  Starting to ramp back up?

Yes, the evaluation went fine. I'm on kind of a day-by-day plan. Run a little, get evaluated, run some more. 2 on Monday went fine, a little sore on Wednesday after PT but did 2 on treadmill that evening. Still sore on Friday so pushed that run out (the fact that it was 22 and I was going to have to run in the pitch black dark may have helped me procrastinate). Did the deferred 2 miles on Saturday morning outside rather than on TM (with the approval of my PT). That went well, but I was a little sore afterwards. Today, no pain or stiffness at all so that's a good sign.  I was supposed to run 3-4 today, but I'm not cleared for back to back days yet.  Two tomorrow and then PT on Tuesday and I'll see if I can move up a little.

Nice race, Russ. So used to seeing your long run times, don't guess I realized you could tick off some 8's when you needed to.

Good luck next week Jeff.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Just logging some easy miles for the rest of the week in a mini taper for the 50K.  I'm trying to treat this as a training run and not a race so I'm not doing a full taper (notice the pre-excuse development).  My running is going very well at the moment but unfortunately it seems that family problems might push their way to the front burner.  I'm hoping I can still get my running in over the next couple of months but life looks like it might get in the way. 

Imminent Catastrophe

Nice race, Russ. So used to seeing your long run times, don't guess I realized you could tick off some 8's when you needed to.

Yeah, speed is not my strength!

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

...---...

Hey there all - great reading up from everyone's week running week. I had a busy travel week but managed a couple of runs. Everything seems to be fine, for the moment. I've been living in calf compression sleeves which seem to help recovery a good bit. I finally put a run in Central Park this week - I only did about a 5K but loved every mile. The weather on Wednesday in NYC was fantastic - shorts and a long sleeve top and still broke a healthy sweat. My Dr said I could ramp up a little this weekend so I will. I don't want to jinx anything but I feel, at last, I'm back to some resemblance as a runner.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Trey - I'm happy to hear that your recovery is progressing.  Keep it up!

Heading out for my 50K now.  I'm feeling very confident and excited.  It rained a little last night but it has stopped now so the conditions should be great.  Mid 40's and clear for the run, just hoping it didn't get too muddy.

Imminent Catastrophe

Good luck in the 50k heffa. Trey, glad things are looking up. 

Ran the Fortitude for First Descents Marathon today (yeah, a funny name but whatever). It was a nice quiet 4-loop course in Cape Henlopen State Park in Delaware. I finished loop 3 in just over 3 hours and ran a hard loop 4 for my first sub-4:00 in over a year. Yay! Lots of Maniacs and 50-Staters in this low-key charity race (First Descents is a charity for children with cancer). 

And that puts me over 2 million meters! Eat it, bunny!

HappyFeat

Hi gang - Just home from our local 10K Rain Deer Fun Run that was held this afternoon. Pretty nice weather for it, 40-ish, no rain and very little wind. Felt absolutely freezing standing around afterward when the wind picked up a little though. My time was 57:30 (9:15 avg pace). I ran a mile and a quarter beforehand - slowly - to get warmed up. I think that really helped, along with "race magic" since my avg pace has been around 10:30 lately. I had some moments where I had to slow down to get my breathing back under control. Someday maybe my aerobic capacity will match up with my leg muscles? 

Looking forward to hearing about Jeff's 50K.

Nice races Russ and Happy.

My 50K went fantastic.  I'm writing a race report this morning and I'll post it seperately.

I haven't posted here before but have been lurking and thought it's about time to say hi!

After 2 years of falling 100 miles short, I finally "graduated" from the 1000 mile group this year. Training for my first marathon pushed me over the 1000 mile mark and I kept going; I passed the 2000km bunny on Saturday. Smile

Hoping to stick around and go for another 2000km in 2012.

Great job on your races Jeff & HF!

2017 Goals
                              1) Run more than 231 miles
                              2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

Imminent Catastrophe

Welcome to the forum Matt, don't be a stranger!