2000Km-1243 mile club

January 2012 (Read 471 times)

HappyFeat

I was slow to get on the board so I decided to go big today and get out in front of the bunny. 

I'll say!! TWENTY MILES? You're off to an amazing start!

6 miles for me today - felt fine which already shows I've made progress in terms of my hilly Saturday route.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

...---...

Dang Jeff. Go big or go home eh? I did have a little wind at my back today. 4.3 miles in dense lake effect with ridiculous gusts. The out was ~ 11/mi. The back portion was 8:50 or so, wind pushing me the whole way. Getting used to running in the snow but Crabby was right, I like cold weather running. Just not the first mile.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

Dutchie - I signed up for a 24 hr run in May. North Coast 24. I haven't set a goal yet.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Dutchie, goals: March--Tarawera 100k New Zealand May--Ice age 50 Mile WI July--Tahoe Rim Trail 50 Mile NV October--Le Grizz 50 Mile MT If I do those it will be a good year.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Perfesser: nice goals! Flying around the world again Big grin Are you focusing on ultras more?

Trey: ambitious plan to run 24hrs. Are you following a specific training plan?

Don't have any specific goals myself, other than getting 3-4 runs in each week. Right now I don't care about distance, though on the TM I think a minimum of one mile and outside a minimum of 2.3K (doggie walk loop) should be the least I should do. Once I get the hang of running my day instead of the day running me, I'll look into distances.

Did an UB w/o on Monday, my first one miler of the year on Tuesday and a cardio w/o this morning. So far so good.

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

Welcome snowsickle.  Going from 1000 miles to 2000km is exactly what I did last year, so definitely achievable.  Lots of small runs will get you there easy.

Dutchie: goals for the year ahead.  Length of the Lake 67k ultra in 6 weeks, Tarawera 85 or 100k Ultra (chasing Russ) in March, maybe Rotorua marathon in April, then Marton to Wanganui 66k ultra in August.  Throw in some 1/2s and that's my year.  Feel I will spend most of the time recovering rather than running Sad Oh, and I want to do 2012km in 2012.

Good to see everyone back logging the miles

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Wow, I thought I was being aggressive on my goals for 2012 but you guys are making me feel like a wimp.  Russ and Puke have more miles of ultras planned than I have overall miles planned.  Trey is planning on coming off a major setback with a 24 hr endurance run.  What's next?  Olympic trials anyone?

My meager plans for 2012 are just to set PR's at all of my distances and qualify for 2013 Boston.  I'll have to work on some more goals later so I can keep up with you guys.

Running Rev'd

I also ran 1000 miles last year and am shooting (stretching?) for 2000K this year. I'm on week 1 of training for my first marathon, so we'll see how this goes!

Called to Endure - Blog

"Everyone gets the sunset. Only the dedicated earn the sunrise."

Imminent Catastrophe

Trey just wants to race Jurek!
                    I had an interesting run today in Baltimore. The forecast was for 30° so I had packed shorts. It was actually 17° and breezy so I froze my ass off for the first half. Then got lost running out to Ft. McHenry and ended up in Season 2 of "The Wire". But at least I got a good speed workout getting out of there!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

Welcome Kira! You can do it!!

Hi everyone.

Pretty disastrous first attempt at a "progression workout" yesterday (documented here in HMT thread for anyone who needs a laugh at my expense Blush) needed to be followed by a very easy 5 miler today.

Out in front of the bunny for now but tomorrow is a rest day so will probably be back behind by Friday!

For me here are the goals:

• 2000km (1243 Miles) for the year
                        • 100 miles a month - every month
                        • Sub 1:50 for the Half
                        • Sub 4:00 for the Marathon

2017 Goals
                        1) Run more than 231 miles
                        2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

HappyFeat

Matt, I went through the very same experience when I first used my Garmin - it was very frustrating/annoying and I quit using that feature.  Nice run for you today.

I'm battling fatigue lately for no apparent reason...which can make it tough to "saddle up" but I'm going to back away from the computer and head out for 8 miles now.

Dutchie42

Second run of the year is in the bag. A mere 2 miler, but I did it Wink

Happy: maybe you're a little overtrained?

Dutchie
                            Run the day, or the day runs you.

HappyFeat

You could be right Dutchie since last week was a high mileage one for me and December was a higher mileage month. Sure needed that to keep the holiday treats from ending up on my butt - but it wasn't planned, just happened that way.Due to other commitments this week, my running has been every-other-day, which should help if more rest is the answer. If it doesn't, my guess is it's from not eating right and not enough yoga...not enough practice of body awareness in general.

My Garmin 305 died the other day.  Tried all the usual things, resets etc. No luck. Bugger.

Been running technology free since.

Had a rest day on Tuesday, so took my son and my dad exploring in Karangahake. This is an old gold mining area with lots of tunnels (some open to explore), tram tracks and batteries etc.

Here are some photos for you HappyFeat.   Karangahake to Dickey Flat

Managed a 9k run on Wednesday, biked 10km to work and 10km back on Thursday, then had a brain melt and ran to work and back today for another 20km.

Slow day planned for tomorrow. With a long run hopefully on Sunday.

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff