2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in: 16-22 August (Read 486 times)

Just a dude.

Kelly
    : if you are stiff and sore all the time, you're body is telling you that it's reached its limit for now. Or maybe you need a good stretch or massage.

I agree... I am near my limits.  

I've decided I've definitely need to get more runs on softer surfaces... I am probably 85% or more on pavement right now.  But I've been running too many of my runs after dark...  Gotta figure that one out...

Next week will be a mostly long week again, but a week from today I travel to Boston for a week to drop my kid of at college.  That week will be a cut back week, and I'll get my legs back under me.

I'm trying to stay good about stretching... I've never had a real massage in my life, so I dunno.  I wouldn't even know where to start on that one, but I bet yer right, it would probably help...

Anyway... 17 today on some good sized hills... Felt pretty good... 

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Imminent Catastrophe

Hi guys, I stumbled on this

http://www.solar-eclipse-marathon.com/the-marathon

Think this is one worth saving up for.

I heard about that one too. Three "bucket list" goals in one!

If you've never seen a total solar eclipse you've missed one of the most incredible sights you could imagine.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Imminent Catastrophe

It was 106° in Phoenix today so, since I'm not training for Badwater or anything, I got in 3.4 on the TM. Still in a funk.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Dutchie42

I heard about that one too. Three "bucket list" goals in one!

If you've never seen a total solar eclipse you've missed one of the most incredible sights you could imagine.

Yep, I just have no idea how to train for it. I read a description of the course. It's very flat here so hills are going to be a problem. The race is in November, which means it'll be around 5C here, so the heat will be a problem. We have little beaches here. I can train on those. Think if I'm really going to do this, I'm gonna have to find myself a trainer.

And no, I've never seen a solar eclipse. Which is what makes this one really special.

What do you mean three.... I count two?

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

Finished the week with a 23.95 kilometer long run. Which brought my week mileage to 59.7 kilometers, a new weekly PR for this year.
            What I learned this week: running 10K the day before my long run, when I'm used to running only 5K is not a bright idea. Let's not do that again. Last 2.5 kilometers were really hard. Not because my legs felt tired, but it was more a mental thing. I was just fed up with running. I stopped frequently to walk. I did finish the run. What else could I do? I had to go home.

HappyFeat: I'm closing in on you. You better get running

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

HappyFeat

Wow, that was a long run Dutchie! I could see where doing a 10K the day before would not be such a great idea.

I did 12 today and the last mile was quite painful. Seems the last mile of a new Long Run distance always is.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Imminent Catastrophe

Yep, I just have no idea how to train for it. I read a description of the course. It's very flat here so hills are going to be a problem. The race is in November, which means it'll be around 5C here, so the heat will be a problem. We have little beaches here. I can train on those. Think if I'm really going to do this, I'm gonna have to find myself a trainer.

And no, I've never seen a solar eclipse. Which is what makes this one really special.

What do you mean three.... I count two?

1) Destination/adventure marathon

2) Australia

3) Total eclipse

I guess that's three, depending on how you count things. I saw a total solar eclipse once in the Caribbean. Really surreal, and way better than any Hollywood movie with CGI and 3-D, because it's real. 

I had a really miserable run today, 9.5 miles in hot, humid. I think I've lost most of my heat acclimation in the last few weeks and it showed. I was just really, really struggling and took a bunch of walk breaks. Ugh. I also need to get back into trail running.

mta: This belonged in next week's thread I guess. Oh well.