2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check in October 12-18 (Read 549 times)

Dutchie42

Perfesser: good luck today and good running. Hope the weather won't be so bad.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

Gorgeous day! Running was so much better then yesterday. (TMI: But I had a major case of runners incontinence....) In the end I cut my run short. Wanted to run 16K but ended up running nearly 13K. Maybe next week?

Dutchie

...---...

Foot seems to have corrected itself over the last few days - feels mostly normal now. Weird. I'll try to start getting back in the groove this week. Gonna be traveling with the new job so will have to get creative.

Anybody know any decent places to run on the west side of Cleveland?

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Trey: you better get creative, only 13 kilometers left between us Did you start the new job already? If I'd quit my job I'd have to give my boss two months notice.

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

The rain held off, it was a cold, breezy, overcast day in the low 40's--just perfect!

Man, MDI is a tough course but just awesomely beautiful and really well-done. It may be my new favorite.

Anyway, 4:06:38 which I feel pretty good about given the course. My last 10k was pretty strong, faster than the HM-20 mile section, and since it's the toughest part of the course with a lot of climbs I feel good about that. 

And the ankle held up too 

And BTW that put me over 2000km. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Phew! I was worried when I turned on the Patriots game and it was SNOWING!

Congrats! A

Recalculating...

And BTW that put me over 2000km. 

Way to cross the line in style!

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Seven miles with the dog followed by one mile (estimated) of mowing.  Beats one mile of running and seven miles of mowing, I suppose.

Gig

Hi everybody. I've been slacking lately, somewhat in running, but especially in logging and hanging out here. It's hard to steal away minutes from work these days--lots going on. But, I haven't forgotten about you. I'll try to stop in more often.

Crabby, you're catching up to me. Just like every year, you'll probably pass me in late November and you won't look back. I know how it is.

Brian - Finally got a chance to read your race report.  Very nice job on the race and the report!  My favorite part was mile 7, when you decided not to go back to the hotel for your lip balm.  I've only run one marathon with a pace group and I can't even describe how helpful it was.  Sounds like they showed up right when you needed them the most.  Next PR will be 40 minutes faster again right?

Way to go Andy!

Next PR will be 40 minutes faster again right?

So that'd be a 4:20 which is 10 minute pace?  Maybe if I train really hard.  And don't run another one for 2 or 3 years I can do it.  Glad you enjoyed the report.